Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Striker - New S/T album

Go down 
+4
Gilbert
nevermore
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Striker - New S/T album Empty
PostSubject: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Canadian heavy metallers Striker will be releasing their fifth self-titled album on February 24, 2017 and the first single “Born To Lose” is available for streaming.

“This is our no bullsh*t album. We cut out everything that wasn’t absolutely necessary and kept everything short and to the point. We pray at the altar of heavy metal everyday, and there are some musical ideas that persist through time and some that don’t. We focused in on what keeps listeners coming back and got rid of everything else. You can’t climb Mount Everest dragging any useless sh*t with you; if you want to make it to the top, only bring with you what is absolutely necessary: Lethal Amounts of Shred.” .

Striker - New S/T album Striker-photo-2-1-e1483993578287

01. Former Glory (3:59)
02. Pass Me By (3:33)
03. Born To Lose (3:58)
04. Cheating Death (0:53)
05. Shadows In The Light (3:29)
06. Rock The Night (4:30)
07. Over The Top (4:38)
08. Freedom’s Call (4:30)
09. Curse of The Dead (3:49)

https://soundcloud.com/strikermetal/born-to-lose-2

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 4:58 pm

Well that was fast! They just released an album in 2016. This is a blind buy for me definitely.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 8:45 pm

The new song posted over at Bravewords kicks ass!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 1:01 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Well that was fast!  They just released an album in 2016.  This is a blind buy for me definitely.

Same here headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 1:05 am

Just heard born to lose. Excellent!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 3:44 am

Striker kicks ass! New song sounds good.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 am

That song is awesome, and I dig the hell out of that cover art. Striker, while I have enjoyed them and pull them up on Spotify sometimes, have not really set themselves apart much for me from the horde of these bands...but maybe this album will be the one that does?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 9:52 am

These guys have been recommended to me several times recently, I was just checking some of their stuff out on YouTube last night.... sounds good... may have to keep an eye peeled for this one

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 10:08 am

Too many bands, man. I like the sound of that but I need more disposable income !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Well that was fast!  They just released an album in 2016.  This is a blind buy for me definitely.

Same here.

I've barely had enough time to absorb their last album. I like that they jumped right back in the studio though. Sometimes (not always of course) the quick written albums are some of the best.

Anyone new to the band looking for a place to start, you can't really go wrong with any of their past 4 releases. I think my first exposure was their 2nd, Armed to the Teeth, so I might gravitate to that one a little more. But they're all of the similar traditional heavy metal type though.

Their first full-length album, Eyes in the Night, was re-released with their Road Warrior ep tacked on as a bonus.

PostSubject: Re: Striker - New S/T album   Striker - New S/T album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Striker - New S/T album
Page 1 of 1