Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017

Go down 
+22
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Stender
akeldama
Witchfinder
Wurthless
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Required Fields
SideShowDisaSter
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Leatherface
James B.
exact33
Gilbert
tohostudios
manny
Fat Freddy
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 11:01 am

Godzilla,King Of The Monsters (1956)

The americanized version of the 1954 classic that really needs no synopsis. This movie introduced the world to the iconic monster that everyone knows, even if they somehow never saw one Godzilla flick. I will say that this one plays more as a horror story than the knockout drag down fights to come. Also, if you have never seen the original Japanese version, I'd recommend that one. It's actually a better flick. Classic Media released a nice subtitled version on DVD a few years back,which I own.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 11:53 am

The Japanese version is definitely a better film.  You get much more of the "Godzilla as metaphor", much more of the Japanese feelings of guilt and justified retribution.  I have the cleaned up/remastered deluxe set that includes both movies.   Naturally I saw the Americanized version constantly as a kid; I didn't see the original version until about 10 years ago when I got over my fear of subtitles.  Now I can't stand watching anything in a dubbed version.  I always watch the original language film with subtitles.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 3:59 pm

"The Running Man" (1987)

In the dystopian future of 2017 (ha!), America is a totalitarian state and the #1 TV program is "The Running Man" - a rigged game show where criminals can supposedly "win" their freedom by surviving a brutal obstacle course filled with attackers. Can a falsely-accused Arnold Schwarzenegger beat the odds and expose the fraud?
This '80s cult classic (based on a Stephen King novelette) is cheesy in all the right ways, and features a bravura performance by Richard "Family Feud" Dawson, who is clearly having the time of his life playing the sleazy game show host. "The Running Man" wasn't a top drawer Arnold flick even back in the day and obviously it hasn't aged very well, but it's still lotsa big, loud, dumb fun.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 8:14 pm

007 wrote:
Godzilla,King Of The Monsters (1956)

The americanized version of the 1954 classic that really needs no synopsis. This movie introduced the world to the iconic monster that everyone knows, even if they somehow never saw one Godzilla flick. I will say that this one plays more as a horror story than the knockout drag down fights to come. Also, if you have never seen the original Japanese version, I'd recommend that one. It's actually a better flick. Classic Media released a nice subtitled version on DVD a few years back,which I own.

I watched this last night.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28368

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2017 11:03 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Resident-Evil-The-Final-Chapter-poster-Milla-Jovovich

Was it good? I am fan of the franchise but haven't seen this one yet.

It wasn't bad, definitely better than the last film in the franchise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 12:11 am

over the weekend I watched a ton of movies, let's see if I can recount most of them:

Kiki's Delivery Service
Dune
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Hot Rod
This is the End
Inside Out

Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 12:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Running Man" (1987)

In the dystopian future of 2017 (ha!), America is a totalitarian state and the #1 TV program is "The Running Man" - a rigged game show where criminals can supposedly "win" their freedom by surviving a brutal obstacle course filled with attackers. Can a falsely-accused Arnold beat the odds and expose the fraud?
This '80s cult classic (based on a Stephen King novelette) is cheesy in all the right ways, and features a bravura performance by Richard "Family Feud" Dawson, who is clearly having the time of his life playing the sleazy game show host. "The Running Man" wasn't a top drawer Arnold flick even back in the day and obviously it hasn't aged very well, but it's still lotsa big, loud, dumb fun.

One of my fav Schwarzenegger outings from his early movies.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:02 am

Gilbert wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Resident-Evil-The-Final-Chapter-poster-Milla-Jovovich

Was it good? I am fan of the franchise but haven't seen this one yet.

When did Milla get so "enhanced"? Shocked

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 10:03 am

Got caught up on the new season of 'Man Seeking Woman'. I damn near pissed myself laughing.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 10:46 am

Started watching 'The Crown' on Netflix with the wife. I like it.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Invincible

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 4:37 pm

American Experience which is a documentary series on PBS. This particular one was about Timothy McVeigh and the Oklahoma City bombing.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Legion

Interesting for a superhero series
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2017 9:20 pm

Babylon 5 - S2,E12

Now we're getting somewhere!

When you've seen the entire series multiple times it's a little tough to wade through the inconsequential episodes that you know don't affect the overall story arc. Fortunately there are only a few of those in each season and you can appreciate the subtle clues in the episodes that don't overly advance the arc.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 11:46 am

Star Trek: TOS S1E1

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 11:53 am

exact33 wrote:

You know you're a fanboy when you know the seasons and episodes. That's the one with "Nancy" the salt monster right?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 12:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

You know you're a fanboy when you know the seasons and episodes.  That's the one with "Nancy" the salt monster right?

it is although Netflix lists The Cage as the first episode.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 12:06 pm

The Cage is the pilot.  Later incorporated into the two-part episode "The Menagerie". Stupid NetFlix

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 12:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Babylon 5 - S2,E12

Now we're getting somewhere!

When you've seen the entire series multiple times it's a little tough to wade through the inconsequential episodes that you know don't affect the overall story arc.  Fortunately there are only a few of those in each season and you can appreciate the subtle clues in the episodes that don't overly advance the arc.

Yeah B5 can be a bit of a slouch to get through these days until the middle of season 2. My thinking is that it was so fascinating a world for a kid of 10 years old, and has become rather dated at this point in terms of effect (physical and otherwise). When I revisited it in my mid-20's, it took me quite a bit of motivation to crawl my way through most of it.

Not to mention that the show was sourced from videotape and the low-res image SUCKS as a result. Not to mention the audio.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Yeah the video quality is pretty bad.

I still love the show overall though. It's just that I've seen the entire series about 4 times now so I get impatient when I get to one of the "filler" episodes because I already know it doesn't really have anything to do with the overall story.

But any episode with "Mr. Morden" in it is still gold in my book.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28368

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 9:09 am

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Z100816johnwick_chapter2poster

This was awesome!

Last edited by Required Fields on Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 11:17 am

Modern Family
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 2:35 pm

"Justice League: The Brave and The Bold" (2002)

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the DC superhero crew face off against Gorilla Grodd, Lex Luthor, the Joker and more in this compilation of four episodes of the Cartoon Network show. The animation isn't as nice as the "Superman" and "Batman" toons that preceded this series but otherwise it's decent kid stuff with the usual fine voice work (incl. the always-welcome Mark Hamil! as the Joker).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2017 2:37 pm

Have you ever seen "Sushi Girl"? You'll never look at or hear Mark Hamill the same way again.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2017
Page 7 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 42  Next