Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?

Go down 
+7
Wurthless
nevermore
metalinmyveins
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
80s Metal Lady
11 posters

Reign of Fire
Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_lcap31%Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Dropping Like Flies
Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_lcap0%Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Last Train Home
Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_lcap19%Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Tribal Dance
Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_lcap6%Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
The Truth Always Hurts
Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_lcap0%Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Half Drawn Bridge
 0% [ 0 ]
Another Day
 0% [ 0 ]
Symbol of Salvation
Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_lcap13%Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Hanging Judge
Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_lcap6%Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Warzone
 0% [ 0 ]
Burning Question
Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_lcap13%Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Tainted Past
 0% [ 0 ]
Spineless
Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_lcap12%Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Empty
PostSubject: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 1:39 pm

Note: I'm posting my review of Armored Saint's show at Club Red in Mesa, AZ which included meet & greet and six opening acts in the "Hurting Words" section if you guys want to check it out. Nick Bowcott, formally of Grim Reaper, made an appearance.

Symbol of Salvation was Armored Saint's fourth full-length studio album. It was released in 1991 and it would not be until nine years later when their fifth album would be released. Guitarist Dave Prichard died from leukemia in 1990 before the recording of the album, but he penned many of the songs and they included his demo solo on "Tainted Past" (the first solo). Jeff Duncan had joined the band in 1988 and Phil Sandoval returned to the line-up.

Several tracks off this album have remained mainstays in their live shows like "Reign of Fire," "Last Train Home," and "Tribal Dance." "Another Day" sounded very different to me. Like it was a different band. It doesn't even sound like John Bush singing. It reminded me of the grunge bands I used to listen to. When researching this album for this poll, I see the producer was Dave Jerden who also produced Alice in Chains. That made so much sense, because the song sounds like Alice in Chains.

Anyway, my choice for this album is "Burning Question." It's a really catchy track that just sticks with me and I really like Bush's vocals.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 1:42 pm

Great album all around, "Tribal Dance" is a fave.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Great album with zero bad cuts. I picked "Symbol Of Salvation" because I had to pick one.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39580

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 4:15 pm

As already stated this is a phenomenal album and all tracks are great. I just went with Last Train Home because it was the first song to pop into my head.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

"Reign of Fire" and then "Last Train Home". They were both played at the show I attended almost a week ago, so I was a happy camper!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Killer album from start to finish!! The title track gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 12:29 am

Hanging Judge is my favorite off of Symbol.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 2:10 am

Reign of fear. That reminds me, i must give this album a fresh spin. It has been years.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2016 8:28 am

One of those albums that is all killer no filler. Went with Spineless.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 1:40 pm

I voted for Spineless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2016 11:42 am

I just played this last night. I can't pick a favourite, but it's a highly enjoyable record. I like that guitar tone and the raspy vocals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"?   Which Armored Saint Track Is The Best "Symbol of Salvation"? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: