Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steel Assassin

Go down 
+3
stormspell
scottmitchell74
Wargod
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:18 pm

Anybody have the new Steel Assassin - War Of The Eight Saints?

Steel Assassin SteelAssassinWotES_400

STEEL ASSASSIN
War of the Eight Saints

01 Hawkwood 6:12
02 Curse Of The Black Prince 3:25
03 Hill Of Crosses 6:28
04 Sword In The Stone 6:54
05 Merchants Of Force 6:27
06 Bloodlust Quest 6:07
07 Tartarus 4:20
08 Metalfire 5:03
09 Victory 4:23
10 Barabbas 4:10
11 War Of The Eight Saints 10:40

Total time: 64:14

John Falzone - Lead Vocals
Kevin Curran - Rhythm & Lead Guitars
Mike Mooney - Rhythm & Lead Guitars/Backing Vocals
Phil Grasso - Bass/Backing Vocals
Greg Michalowski - Drums/Backing Vocals

YOUR PRICE: $10.88

Label/distributor: Sentinel Steel
Asia label: Spiritual Beast
Formed as a cover band in 1980, the group officially became STEEL ASSASSIN in 1983, appearing on Metal Massacre 6 in 1985. Despite acclaimed true metal demo tapes and live shows in the early/mid '80s, the band disbanded in 1985, a brief reunion in 1988 keeping the STEEL ASSASSIN name alive. The band members continued on in other projects, with 2005 finally bringing 4 of the 5 original members back together again, resulting in heavy writing and rehearsal sessions for the War of the Eight Saints album. New lead singer John Falzone (Triphammer) was added to the line-up, and Rich Spillberg (Wargasm) handled the engineering and production duties. The result is a masterpiece nearly 25 years in the making; a devastating new album of US traditional epic/true power metal at its masterful best. Singer Falzone is a stunning singer in the explosive Dio/Dickinson/Soto style, and when coupled with STEEL ASSASSIN's strong musicianship, catchy songs and intelligent lyrics based on history and mythology, War of the Eight Saints may be THE traditional power metal album of 2007.

Formed as a cover band in 1980, the group officially became STEEL ASSASSIN in 1983, appearing on Metal Massacre 6 in 1985. Despite acclaimed true metal demo tapes and live shows in the early/mid '80s, the band disbanded in 1985, a brief reunion in 1988 keeping the STEEL ASSASSIN name alive. The band members continued on in other projects, with 2005 finally bringing 4 of the 5 original members back together again, resulting in heavy writing and rehearsal sessions for the War of the Eight Saints album. New lead singer John Falzone (Triphammer) was added to the line-up, and Rich Spillberg (Wargasm) handled the engineering and production duties. The result is a masterpiece nearly 25 years in the making; a devastating new album of US traditional epic/true power metal at its masterful best. Singer Falzone is a stunning singer in the explosive Dio/Dickinson/Soto style, and when coupled with STEEL ASSASSIN's strong musicianship, catchy songs and intelligent lyrics based on history and mythology, War of the Eight Saints may be THE traditional power metal album of 2007.

www.steelassassin.com
www.myspace.com/steelassassin

Comments!

Wargod48

NP: Space Eater - Merciful Angel
Back to top Go down

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:32 pm

I mentioned them last week or so. No one cared. Haha. This album is killer!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 6:44 am

Hmm I never saw the thread on this or I would have, yes killer band!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:17 am

I would have cared!!! In fact, Eyesore, I was wondering what you knew about them being from the same neck 'o the woods...these guys are on my WANT list!!

In fact....a woke up not 15 minutes ago and "Hill of Crosses" is what was going through my head!
Back to top Go down

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 11:51 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I would have cared!!! In fact, Eyesore, I was wondering what you knew about them being from the same neck 'o the woods...these guys are on my WANT list!!

In fact....a woke up not 15 minutes ago and "Hill of Crosses" is what was going through my head!
I mentioned them in the HERE. I didn't do a full thread.

They're a killer band, one that everyone should check out!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 12:26 pm

I actually have Wargod to thank because in a "where do you shop online" thread he mentioned Sentinel Steel and that's where I saw their ad. I checked their Myspace and the immediately went on my MOST WANTED list!! They are right up my alley...modern version of that 80's sound!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 5:26 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I actually have Wargod to thank because in a "where do you shop online" thread he mentioned Sentinel Steel and that's where I saw their ad. I checked their Myspace and the immediately went on my MOST WANTED list!! They are right up my alley...modern version of that 80's sound!

Hey Scott your welcome glad some else checks out what I post!

Wargod48

NP: Hellfueled - Memories In Black
Back to top Go down

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 11:15 pm

Sentinel Steel is awesome! They just moved about 30 minutes away from me. I may ask Den for a job! Haha.
Back to top Go down

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 11:18 pm

Steel polisher? Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 11:23 pm

Their site and selection is great. I love scrolling through the various distro. sale items.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 11:36 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Anybody have the new Steel Assassin - War Of The Eight Saints?

Not yet, though Denis should have sent a box coming in my way yesterday.

I know the artist who drew the cover, he is fellow-Bulgarian friend of mine. Very talented guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:37 pm

I got this CD in a trade with thrasher73 a while ago, listening to it right now. Killer stuff, reminds me a lot of Armored Saint. The vocalist is very similar to John Bush in his younger days.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:25 pm

no actually he's voice is similar to dickinson, ozzy, halford etc....
Back to top Go down

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:27 pm

You have a defective CD, Freddy. Someone else must be singing on it.
Back to top Go down

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 pm

oups,my mistake. i thought he was writing for the first cd.....i don't care for the 2nd one....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:51 pm

I have it FF and I like it a lot. Good metal.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 4:59 pm

Glad you're enjoying it Freddy.It didnt do much for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:13 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Glad you're enjoying it Freddy.It didnt do much for me.

And I hope you're digging the Nevermore GODLESS ENDEAVOR that I sent ya for it. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:21 pm

I am a little late on getting this c.d., but War Of The Eight Saints is great. I just received mine in the mail the other day.
I have had "In Hellfire Forged" and while that gets it's fair set of spins and is in it's own right a powerful set of tunes, this one is an underrated classic. Pure straight forward metal at it's best. Everybody in the band gives a stellar performance. And the lyrics are well written and tell fantastic stories.
The news is they are currently recording a new record based on events in WW2.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:23 pm

War of the Eight Saints is absolutely killer. I prefer the singer they had in the 80s, but musically what they're doing now is so good I really don't care that much. It's supposed to come out on vinyl soonish.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:16 am

I was just gonna start a thread on In Hellfire Forged (listening to it now). Imagine my surprise to see this one bumped.

In Hellfire Forged is fantastic! I might even like it a little more than War of the Eight Saints.

Both albums are simply fantastic American Heavy/Power Metal. Great sound, production, song writing, everything.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:58 am

It may be the fact that WOTES is both new to my ears and that I have become quite familiar with IHF, so perhaps both discs are equal once the dust settles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steel Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steel Assassin   Steel Assassin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steel Assassin
Page 1 of 1