Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Gene Wilder

Go down 
+12
Lari
Thrasher73
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
manny
the sentinel
Required Fields
tohostudios
chewie
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 4:07 pm

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gene-wilder-dead-willy-wonka-828477

I had hoped this was a hoax but it appears to be the real deal. He starred in a lot of favorite movies of mine , including the ones with Richard Pryor, Blazing Saddles and most of all the classic Young Frankenstein.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 4:23 pm

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 4:51 pm

That's a bummer. Gonna have to bust out my "Young Frankenstein" DVD sometime soon.

"Puttin' on the Ritz..."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 6:56 pm

RIP the Waco Kid
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 pm

I was just reading the Yahoo article on his passing.  I didn't realize that "Young Frankenstein" was mostly his project; I always thought Mel Brooks wrote it but apparently it was originally Gene's idea and then he and Mel rewrote Gene's original script.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:42 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 10:06 pm

I didn't think he was as old as he was. I watched Stir Crazy a few weeks back. Great film. RIP, funny man.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 10:12 pm

The man was amazingly funny and played a big part in my love of movies
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 11:02 pm

I can't tell you how many times I saw "Silver Streak" on HBO as a young lad in the very early 80's. It seemed like it was on every day, and if it was, I couldn't pull myself away from watching it. I love these scenes.

RIP Gene Wilder
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 11:26 pm

Blazing Saddles & Stir Crazy were two of my absolute favorites growing up, still are R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 3:33 am

Loved his movies, especially him and Pryor together. R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Blazing Saddles - what an incredible film!

Thank you, Gene! You were a wonderful entertainer.

83 is not too bad. I wish I go that far. He lived a full life.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 11:41 am

I know Wilder was a comedian...Richard Pryor....etc...
His cool way of speaking...and delivery...his eyes - lol !
He would of matched up very well with George Carlin, as I think of it.
But ultimately, " Willie Wonka " has my heart. He nailed it. ( no pun attended )
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 1:51 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 3:03 pm

i saw this news right when it broke and it upset me. i love blazing saddles, and willy wonka and the chocolate factory was a staple of my childhood.  

this scene in Woody Allen's Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, But Were Afraid to Ask always kills me.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2016 9:48 pm

He's been in soooo many of my favorite movies! Anything with Mel Brooks is just comedy gold. The stuff with Richard Pryor was classic. And Johnny Depp wasn't fit to hold Mr. Wonka's Snozzberries.

Thanks for all the laughs, sir. Godspeed.

RIP Gene Wilder Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Gene Wilder   RIP Gene Wilder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Gene Wilder
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: