Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Zip Music Files from Amazon

Go down 
+6
Lari
Addy
assault_attack
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
80s Metal Lady
10 posters
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Zip Music Files from Amazon Empty
PostSubject: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 1:53 pm

A while back, I purchased Iron Maiden's Fear of the Dark mp3 album off Amazon. I noticed it was in a folder with a zipper. I had never seen that before. I transferred it to my mp3 player, but could not find the songs. It is like the mp3 player doesn't recognize the files. Is there anything I can do? I bought the music to play on my mp3 player and should be able to do so. Are they restricting what you can play them on? It was very easy to transfer the mp3s from Amazon before.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Can't help you here. Sorry.

I hate this digital world and prefer to stick to my old cds.

Damn technology...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 3:02 pm

If the album is in a ZIP file, then you need to download a program that will "unlock" or "unzip" the folder in order to extract the MP3s. Once they've been extracted, you are free to play them/transfer them to your various devices.

I don't download much but there are lots of free programs out there that will do the job, I've used WinZIP and 7-ZIP in the past.

Most of the free-download programs are "trial versions" so they're only usable for 30 days or a certain number of "unzippings" -- then they'll want you to pay for the "full" version...of course, that means it's time to shit-can the program you've been using and go download a different one Very Happy

Go here and take your pick: http://download.cnet.com/s/zip-file-opener/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 3:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
If the album is in a ZIP file, then you need to download a program that will "unlock" or "unzip" the folder in order to extract the MP3s. Once they've been extracted, you are free to play them/transfer them to your various devices.

I don't download much but there are lots of free programs out there that will do the job, I've used WinZIP and 7-ZIP in the past.

Most of the free-download programs are "trial versions" so they're only usable for 30 days or a certain number of "unzippings" -- then they'll want you to pay for the "full" version...of course, that means it's time to shit-can the program you've been using and go download a different one Very Happy

Go here and take your pick: http://download.cnet.com/s/zip-file-opener

I used winZip & it worked great!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 3:40 pm

If its a Zip file you shouldnt need a unzipper unless youre using Windows XP, Win 7 and higher has one built into the OS
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 4:37 pm

You've actually never ever seen a .zip file?

Unzip, then transfer to player.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 10:08 pm

I've always liked 7-zip. I once downloaded a .mkw file. I still have the unzipper for it.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 11:38 pm

Lari wrote:
You've actually never ever seen a .zip file?

Unzip, then transfer to player.

Not for Amazon mp3s. I can't transfer the individual songs at all. I can only transfer the main folder with the zipper on it, but then the mp3 player cannot read it. The songs play on my computer, though.

How do you know when a zip file is unzipped? Will the zipper disappear?
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 11:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Go here and take your pick: http://download.cnet.com/s/zip-file-opener/

Thanks. I'm going to try it.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 1:17 am

Update: Problem fixed!

Actually, I didn't need to download a program after all. When I was on the zipped folder, at the top was an option to "Extract." That unzipped the file and the zipper disappeared from the folder. I was able to transfer the songs to my player successfully.

The Iron Maiden zipped folder I must have deleted. I found the songs in my Amazon Music Library and downloaded them to my computer, and they weren't zipped at all, so I could transfer them directly. What a relief. Thanks for the help, guys!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 2:32 pm

I just got an email from amazon telling me they are doing away with their phone and pad/tablet apps and I will have to buy and load everything from my laptop (including kindle)..whats up with that?
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 11:12 pm

I'm an Amazon user but i havent gotten that message, and a google search showed nothing either (plus they just released an update for the kindle app two days ago).
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 am

brokentulsa wrote:
I just got an email from amazon telling me they are doing away with their phone and pad/tablet apps and I will have to buy and load everything from my laptop (including kindle)..whats up with that?

What device are you using?  Usually the message you got means they are supporting that device anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zip Music Files from Amazon   Zip Music Files from Amazon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zip Music Files from Amazon
Page 1 of 1