Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toxicinsult
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night Empty
PostSubject: Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night   Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Metal Band Junkyard Prophet has been hard at work on their new album, “Stand Your Ground”! They are excited to release their newest single, Day Turned to Night. With their powerful and energetic lyrics this song will appreciated by metal fans everywhere! Their overall sound is definitely for fans of bands like Alice in Chains, Jane’s addiction and Metallica. In the past, they have played shows with bands like Head East, Disciple, Guardian and the list goes on. They’ve also shared the stage with Savage, Pantera and Regime. Their goal as a band is centered around today’s youth and what they can do to help them with the issues they often face. They want to give the world real music with a real message.

Keep up with Junkyard Prophet on Facebook here: http://bit.ly/JP-Facebook, Twitter here: http://bit.ly/JP-Twitter, and their official website here: www.JunkyardProphet.net.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night   Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 12:40 am

This is the kind of crap I hate with band descriptions these days:

"Their overall sound is definitely for fans of bands like Alice in Chains, Jane’s addiction and Metallica."

Those bands sound nothing alike. Worse, none of them sound even remotely like Junkyard Prophet, who are a rapcore/rap-rock (whatever you want to call it) band.

Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night   Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 4:31 am

Nu-metal? I always found nu-metal to be too juvenile for my taste. Very few bands did the rap/rock hybrid convincingly.

I don't mean to be cold, but from what I remember, Junkyard Prophet is one of those cookie-cutter Christian bands they play on religious stations for scene kids. I am very wary of CCM in general not because I hate Christians, but because of a lot of lopsided theological problems in both the lyrics and the statements of the artists themselves and their 'ministry'. Some of it is actually worse off from a spiritual perspective than some of the secular artists they attempt to counter, though, that being said, I am not very fond of even the secular templates from which they're trying to mimic.

I do remember someone on a blog claiming that Junkyard Prophet 'threatened' their school in some way or another, and that their views were 'homophobic'. I find that funny, but I don't know how true it is, so I take it with a grain of salt.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night   Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 6:20 am

Quote :
none of them sound even remotely like Junkyard Prophet, who are a rapcore/rap-rock (whatever you want to call it) band. 

...they're also terrible. Haha

That video you posted has had a grand total of 395 views since it went on YouTube .....in 2011. Oh yeah, this band is takin' the world by storm. Haha!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night   Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 6:32 am

Quote :
someone on a blog claiming that Junkyard Prophet 'threatened' their school in some way or another, and that their views were homophobic

Google "Junkyard Prophet band" and you'll find numerous news stories about them busting out anti-gay/anti-abortion rhetoric while playing concerts at schools.

Wikipedia sez their backing "ministry" organization, "You Can Run But You Can't Hide," is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night   Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
someone on a blog claiming that Junkyard Prophet 'threatened' their school in some way or another, and that their views were homophobic

Google "Junkyard Prophet band" and you'll find numerous news stories about them busting out anti-gay/anti-abortion rhetoric while playing concerts at schools.

Wikipedia sez their backing "ministry" organization, "You Can Run But You Can't Hide," is classified as a hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center!!

Wow! Haha. What a bunch of turds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night   Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Band Junkyard Prophet Set To Release New Single Day Turned To Night
Page 1 of 1