Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Sausage Party" (2016)

Go down 
+4
thejokeriv
Required Fields
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

"Sausage Party" (2016) Empty
PostSubject: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 11:20 am

Filmdom's favorite bearded stoner, Seth Rogen, is really going off the deep end with this one: an R-rated animated comedy about food. Rogen stars as the hero, a sentient sausage who learns the terrible truth about what happens to food when it's brought home from the grocery store. Judging from the "red band" trailer it looks like the flick is gonna be an extremely violent, foul mouthed, feature length series of dick jokes.  

(WARNING: trailer is NSFW)

I got nothin' against Seth Rogen, I've liked some of his movies, but this seems like something that would've been funny as a 30 minute short, not a 90 minute feature. I think the novelty of food products swearing like sailors would lose its luster fairly quickly.

Apparently a movie theater in California accidentally showed the above "red band" trailer for "Sausage Party" in front of a matinee screening of "Finding Dory" last week. Needless to say, hilarity did not ensue for the roomful of parents whose kids were traumatized. Haha!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/entertainment/finding-dory-sausage-party-mishap-trnd/

At the very least, the publicity from that mishap should get the word out that this is not a kids' movie, haha. Prior to this I had wondered how many dummy parents were gonna take their kids to see it, expecting a cutesy Pixar style family comedy, and then flip out when all the food starts dropping F-Bombs... Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 6:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Filmdom's favorite bearded stoner, Seth Rogen, is really going off the deep end with this one: an R-rated animated comedy about food. Rogen stars as the hero, a sentient sausage who learns the terrible truth about what happens to food when it's brought home from the grocery store. Judging from the "red band" trailer it looks like the flick is gonna be an extremely violent, foul mouthed, feature length series of dick jokes.  

(WARNING: trailer is NSFW)

I got nothin' against Seth Rogen, I've liked some of his movies, but this seems like something that would've been funny as a 30 minute short, not a 90 minute feature. I think the novelty of food products swearing like sailors would lose its luster fairly quickly.

Apparently a movie theater in California accidentally showed the above "red band" trailer for "Sausage Party" in front of a matinee screening of "Finding Dory" last week. Needless to say, hilarity did not ensue for the roomful of parents whose kids were traumatized. Haha!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/entertainment/finding-dory-sausage-party-mishap-trnd/

At the very least, the publicity from that mishap should get the word out that this is not a kids' movie, haha. Prior to this I had wondered how many dummy parents were gonna take their kids to see it, expecting a cutesy Pixar style family comedy, and then flip out when all the food starts dropping F-Bombs... Very Happy

You know, call me juvenile or sophomoric or whatever but I'll see that when it comes out on blu-ray.  It's just....warped.  Which of course is right up Toho Alley.

Remember I'm the one who really loves "Meet The Feebles".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 7:20 pm

I remember hearing they showed the preview before Finding Dory in a California theater.

The theater had to issue an apology.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 7:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:

You know, call me juvenile or sophomoric or whatever but I'll see that when it comes out on blu-ray.  It's just....warped.  Which of course is right up Toho Alley.

Remember I'm the one who really loves "Meet The Feebles".

Oh yeah, I'll probably check it out when it hits video too. I'd have to wait till a night when my wife's not around tho. She'd f*ckin' haaaaaate it and I'd never hear the end of it... haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 7:33 pm

I think Rogen may have come up with the idea for "Sausage Party" by watching this famous 2012 bomb while very stoned...

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 7:42 pm

Hey, that's the Cheetoh's tiger there at the end.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 7:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I have yet to see "Foodfight!" but it is reputed to be utterly, completely, irredeemably awful (which means it should be right up my alley...haha!)

The Wikipedia article about its long and troubled production history is an interesting read, though...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodfight!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 7:50 pm

Yeah I'll leave it to your "expertise" to review that flick.  As my brother likes to say about me, "You've seen more turds than the bottom of a public toilet."  And I know FF has me beat in that department.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 8:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah I'll leave it to your "expertise" to review that flick.  As my brother likes to say about me, "You've seen more turds than the bottom of a public toilet."  And I know FF has me beat in that department.

Laughing very hard I had actually been following the historic crash-and-burn story of "Foodfight" via the Internet a few years ago but I'd forgotten all about it till recently -- it just turned up on the Amazon Prime streaming service and my 8 year old noticed it --  he sez "What's FoodFight?" and I was like "Ooh, wow, yeah, I heard about that one, it's supposed to be terrible," ... he's curious about it, but we haven't pulled the trigger on it yet, haha.

I figure what the hell, it can't be much worse than "Invisible Dad," "A Talking Cat?" or some of the other kid-movies he's made me watch with him. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2016 8:59 pm

That Foodfight movie just screams HubPage IMO.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 11:23 am

When my sons and I went to see "Secret Life of Pets" this past weekend, we passed this poster in the theater hallway:

"Sausage Party" (2016) Sausage_Party

...needless to say, my boys thought this was just about the funniest thing they've ever seen.
My 9 year old: "OMIGOD! DADDY! LOOKIT THAT! IT LOOKS LIKE A....!"
Me: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what it looks like. Move along, nothin' more to see here." Hahaha

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
When my sons and I went to see "Secret Life of Pets" this past weekend, we passed this poster in the theater hallway:

"Sausage Party" (2016) Sausage_Party

...needless to say, my boys thought this was just about the funniest thing they've ever seen.
My 9 year old: "OMIGOD! DADDY! LOOKIT THAT! IT LOOKS LIKE A....!"
Me: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what it looks like. Move along, nothin' more to see here." Hahaha

LOL! My 13 year old saw the poster and said "Dad, is that movie about penis jokes?"
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I have yet to see "Foodfight!" but it is reputed to be utterly, completely, irredeemably awful (which means it should be right up my alley...haha!)

The Wikipedia article about its long and troubled production history is an interesting read, though...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foodfight!

On IMDb's Bottom 100, only Titanic: The Animated Movie has a worse rating amongst animated films.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 3:38 pm

The trailer looks hilarious. Hope the actual movie is as funny.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 1:23 pm

I ordered a ticket for the Saturday afternoon showing. And I get a free popcorn and free drink with it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 1:58 pm

This is getting surprisingly decent reviews on Rotten Tomatoes

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:18 pm

I went with the girlfriend on Saturday night to see it. We both had a good laugh.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:33 pm

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/14/media/sausage-party-sony-box-office/index.html?category=media

Sausage Party looks like a hit. It crushed "Suicide Squad" at the box office this weekend:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:48 pm

Wow, that's double the projections.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow, that's double the projections.

Yep. It's already made its budget back.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:59 pm

And you know, if I didn't frequent this board I'd have no idea the movie even existed.  I've seen exactly zero promotion for it here; not a single trailer.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 9:57 pm

Yesterday morning, my mother called me, and was telling me she was going to be out of town. I told her I was going to see a movie in the afternoon.

She asked what movie.

I said, "Sausage Party."

She said, "You're kidding me. There's actually a movie called Sausage Party?"
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 9:26 pm

i saw it and it was really great. a pretty clever, very inappropriate, well-made film. hopefully it doesn't spawn a bunch of terrible, lazy humor-filled adult-oriented CGI movies though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 1:00 pm

This movie comes out on DVD this Tuesday.   I'll probably wait until the price drops a bit but I'll definitely be picking it up.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 10:20 am

I am on the waiting list for this DVD at my local library, just waiting for it to be my turn.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Sausage Party" (2016)   "Sausage Party" (2016) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Sausage Party" (2016)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: