Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Married With Children

Go down 
+13
akeldama
scottmitchell74
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Addy
Thrasher73
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
restlessbreed
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
restlessbreed
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 26

Married With Children Empty
PostSubject: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 6:52 pm

So I just got myself a Netflix and as I was browsing suddenly I got the urge to revisit this fine classic from the 80's - 90's. Who was your favorite character, your favorite episode, favorite -anything- about this tv show?

Favorite character: Al bundy. He was the funniest in the last 4-5 seasons. "No Maam" is the best group name ever. lol!

Favorite episode: Either "A Shoe Room With A View" or "You Better Shop Around" (part 1+2) The Anthrax episode was cool too.

Married With Children 091fd2f2d33d48ebc81eaa1e1b89d27f

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgDtgyzVZYk
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 7:03 pm

I loved that show!

At least originally; they started to lose me when Bud tried to be a rapper.

One of my favorite episodes was when Al discovered a library book he'd never returned. The only part of his soliloquy I remembered was "...you pudding of a woman..." so I looked it up.

They just don't write 'em like this anymore:

Quote :
So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every morning when I wake up, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered-down Tang and still-frozen Pop Tart, get in my car with no upholstery, no gas, and six more payments to fight traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would. I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman. And I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. 'Cause, despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what he wanted to be are still out there being what we don't want to be forty hours a week for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun in my mouth, you pudding of a woman, makes me a winner.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Kelly Bundy was every teenage metal dork's dream girl...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Kelly Bundy was every teenage metal dork's dream girl...

My first reaction was 'Yeah, I'm gonna forget Christina Applegate in a hurry!' lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:10 am

Loved this show! I still love watching reruns of it. My favorite character is Al of course. He's every mans hero. Hard to pick one favorite episode. I thought it was pretty cool when they had Anthrax on an episode.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 7:34 am

I Loved this show it comes on I think in the early mornings on one of the stations locally for me (or least it used to)

I Loved Al Bundy and Kelly Bundy NO MAAM and Grand Master B funny stuff

There was a spinoff series didnt last long it starred Matt Leblanc and a young Joey Lauren Adams On the Ritz or something like that, the father was trying to get his son (played by LeBlanc) to marry rich or hook up with a sugar momma. Anyone remember this short lived spinoff?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:42 am

I remember that spin off. Top Of The Heap it was called, if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:47 am

Thats right and the theme song was putting it on the ritz or something like that...

Al Bundy even had an appearance on that show if i remember right
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 9:49 am

according to Wikipedia Bobby & Vinny was a spin off of Top of the Heap (only 7 episodes in 1992)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:06 am

I was a pretty regular fan of it back when it was new. I haven't seen it in years now though. I've browsed past a few repeats now & then but it didn't hold up too well for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 10:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I was a pretty regular fan of it back when it was new. I haven't seen it in years now though. I've browsed past a few repeats now & then but it didn't hold up too well for me.

That's how I feel about the show too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 11:44 am

Like MG and 007 sez, I watched it pretty regularly when it was current, but when I catch a rerun on occasion nowadays, it hasn't aged very well. (Except for any and all scenes with Kelly Bundy in them, of course....).

This is kinda funny, tho: my kids aren't familiar with "MwC" at all, but they're both huge fans of "Futurama" thanks to Netflix. Katey "Peg Bundy" Sagal did the voice of "Leela" on that show. So a while ago I was channel surfing and when I stopped on a re-run of MwC, my older son kept looking at Peg and going "Who IS that lady? I swear I know her from somewhere." I sez "That's Leela," and he was like "No WAY! It IS!" Hahaha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri May 27, 2016 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 8:34 am

I was a big fan back in the day, until the show started the usual later years slide. It hasn't held up as well (as mentioned).

I flipped it on and with my kids and the couldn't believe that Jay Pritchett used to look different (and younger)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 2:11 pm

I love this show!! I occasionally watch a rerun or two when I find them airing.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 3:36 am

Love the show. I bought the whole series box set a couple years ago and watch them from time to time. Probably my favorite sitcom all time. I even have a no ma'am shirt lol I get a lot of strange looks when I wear it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 7:09 am

I've taken a lot of heat for this over the last 1/4 Century...

#1 - Not a big fan. Never did "get" it, even though I was the exact age they were targeting at the time.

#2 - If I did watch it, it was to stare at...Peg Bundy. Katy Segal does it for me while, strangely, Applegate has never done anything for me. To this day...Katy Segal is high on my list.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 7:43 am

Quote :
Applegate has never done anything for me.

This is possibly the first time those words have ever been spoken! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 9:16 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
Applegate has never done anything for me.

This is possibly the first time those words have ever been spoken! Laughing very hard

I got a co-worker who agrees! He's a young guy, so he got into Segal with that gangster show she's in, but then going back to old MWC episodes, he doesn't get the Applegate thing either. Woo! There are two of us! lol!

(Tall, red-headed, curvy...yes!)
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2016 6:53 pm

I was just a kid when MWC was coming out but I watched it faithfully for the first few seasons. I was definitely more into Peg than I was Kelly.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 7:43 pm

Just watched some Season 2 today of it actually. The show is still fun and it's nice to watch in this days that are filled with political correctness and basically everything that show made fun of.
The first 4 seasons are awesome, after that it starts to decline and got drastically worse later on with No Ma'am and the show turning into complete slapstick with annoying characters and annoying changes (Marcy becoming a hardcore feminist who hates men)
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2016 8:14 pm

I was just too young to understand any of it. I wouldn't mind checking it out today, might be more relevant.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 9:07 am

corplhicks wrote:
I was just too young to understand any of it. I wouldn't mind checking it out today, might be more relevant.

Yeah, I am just a little younger than you are but I had a lot of older siblings to explain stuff to me that I didn't understand.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2016 9:27 pm

I used to watch this religiously back in the day on Sunday nights. I have caught a few episodes in re runs the last few years but it really hasn't aged well in my humble opine.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 601

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 8:33 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Like MG and 007 sez, I watched it pretty regularly when it was current, but when I catch a rerun on occasion nowadays, it hasn't aged very well. (Except for any and all scenes with Kelly Bundy in them, of course....).

This is kinda funny, tho: my kids aren't familiar with "MwC" at all, but they're both huge fans of "Futurama" thanks to Netflix. Katey "Peg Bundy" Sagal did the voice of "Leela" on that show. So a while ago I was channel surfing and when I stopped on a re-run of MwC, my older son kept looking at Peg and going "Who IS that lady? I swear I know her from somewhere." I sez "That's Leela," and he was like "No WAY! It IS!" Hahaha

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 2:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I had a similar thing with the early episodes of Sons of Anarchy, I knew that I'd seen her before but didn't know where from.

There again I was also sniggering at Charlie Hunnam's sudden transformation into an American badass when the last thing I'd seen him in he was playing a very very gay English boy. I blame Hugh Laurie as he seems to have been patient zero in this outbreak of SAS (Suddenly American Syndrome) that claimed Charlie, Andrew Lincoln and Michelle Ryan lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Married With Children   Married With Children Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Married With Children
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next