Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sweden Rock Festival

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Sweden Rock Festival Empty
PostSubject: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:35 pm

Maybe the greatest lineup of all time????

http://www.swedenrock.com/en/festival/artists/artists-2016
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:47 pm

Holy s***!

That lineup is all over the place musically.  I see lots of bands I like and lots of bands I don't but it sure looks like that lineup has something for pretty much everyone.

When was the last time you saw Slayer, Kentucky Headhunters, Foreigner, The Hellacopters and Satyricon on the same bill?????  Answer: Never.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:53 pm

Answer: Never Again.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Sabaton, The Hooters, Shinedown. Symphony X, Soilwork, Gamma Ray...and on and on...

It simply doesn't get more diverse than that.  I would LOVE to be at that festival.

Fans of any form of hard music should find something to like somewhere in that lineup.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:59 pm

LA Guns, Epica, Lordi, Dan Baird...

The list is like the Energizer Bunny... it keeps going and going and going...

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:00 pm

"Sabaton, The Hooters, Shinedown. Symphony X, Soilwork, Gamma Ray...and on and on..."

That's crazy......awesome!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:13 pm

Unfortunately there is a clash between Queen + Adam Lambert & Mayhem!

I'm guessing that this will disappoint a lot of people who want to see both! lol!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 10:28 pm

Good lord. Add 220 Volt to the mix, sheez...this is the Neapolitan festival of festivals.

We should all throw money in a pot for a HoM road trip. Boat trip. Road and boat trip. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 10:40 am

The Hooters? What rock did they crawl out from under for this? And I thought the Hellacopters were broken up?

That's one crazy, eclectic line-up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 10:47 am

What an eclectic lineup! That would actually be an awesome festival to attend.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 1:23 pm

They generally have an awesome lineup. I've been to Sweden in 2006, 2007 and every year since 2009 because no other european festival (in 2008 i decided to go to the Bang your Head because they had Queensryche doing Operation Mindcrime 1 & 2 with a full stage show, i regretted it) even comes close to the lineup SRF has. I thought last year was awesome (and except for Mötley Crüe playing like shit it was) but this year tops it easily with all those big names.

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The Hooters? What rock did they crawl out from under for this? And I thought the Hellacopters were broken up?

Sweden Rock Festival usually has a few of those "basically forgotten" acts. In 2010 they had Rick Springfield. Before the festival the people in the forum where "why? He sucks, lol". After the festival it was "OMG! He was awesome!" (so they brought him back in 2013), same now with the Hooters. They were surprisingly popular in 2011 there. It's nice that they don't shy away from doing that or going into the true "wtf?"-territory. Like bringing in the Electric Banana Band, a swedish children music band from the 80's (which was one of the craziest and most fun experiences i had, the swedish people who grew up with the music of those people just went totally nuts Laughing )

As for the Hellacopters: This is billed as the world-exclusive reunion show and is susposed to be the original lineup with Dregen

Ususually the lineup is so awesome that i never get to see all the great acts since they overlap. Will be this year the same. Megadeth & Vanilla Fudge and Twisted Sister & Satyricon are my too big problems. I go with Megadeth and i guess Twisted Sister, not 100% sure about that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 2:26 pm

I'd like to go someday but it's just outrageously overpriced for my standard (280+ euros for ticket alone). I can do without a bunch of glam/hard rock bands on a festival anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 2:46 pm

sovdat wrote:
I'd like to go someday but it's just outrageously overpriced for my standard (280+ euros for ticket alone).

Oh yeah, that's just a pipe dream. That's an expensive ticket (but when you figure what you're getting I guess it's not that bad) plus I'd need airfare and everything else on top of that.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 6:07 pm

That's a great lineup!
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 9:02 pm

sovdat wrote:
I'd like to go someday but it's just outrageously overpriced for my standard (280+ euros for ticket alone). I can do without a bunch of glam/hard rock bands on a festival anyway Smile

In what world are 283€ (for the 4 day ticket that basically enables you to see all bands on all stage, plus camping plus free water, energy sources for all your camping and laptop (free wi-fi) needs other amenities - they rip you off on their cheap beer though lol! thanks to swedens laws about alcohol everything is completely overpriced, in sweden jack daniels is priced like some 15 year scottish single malt whiskey) are  overpriced to see all those bands? Considering the headliners play for 90 minutes to 2 hours or even longer and they would charge 30-40€ on their own for a 2 hour concert here it's dirt cheap. I don't know what the concert prices in the US are but in europe with all the taxes and tolls foreign bands have to pay to even get here, let alone play in venues, sweden rock festival is dirt cheap.
Last year i've seen Toto in Sweden, a month later i've seen then in munich and that concert was basically the same 2 hour show and was 40€. A medium price actually for a big name band. Do bands in the US play for a Hamburger or something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 5:06 am

Yeah, seeing all these bands separately would of course cost more. But compared to 110€ for BYH ticket it is kinda expensive, don't you agree? BYH's billing isn't too bad either. (And yes, I know that they charge additional 10% for tickets in pre-sales, + 25 +10% for warm up ticket + for some reason they charge 18€ to ship it - I just bought 2 Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweden Rock Festival   Sweden Rock Festival Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sweden Rock Festival
Page 1 of 1