Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Selling CDs

Go down 
+11
nevermore
thejokeriv
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Thelemech
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

Selling CDs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Selling CDs   Selling CDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 11:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
At this point, I would sell my entire collection if it were easy to do so.

There are people in my life trying to convince me to sell off my collection. It is only about 1500 strong, minuscule compared to your giant collection. How much do you think yours are all worth??
I use to have a much larger collection and throughout the years I have probably amassed 5000 pieces of media in my life but unfortunately I sold many of them in times of need and for the fast cash. I remember when a CD was worth something, and once sold a huge amount of them to a small record store in Maui, that guy got some great Metal off of me but to be honest he gave me good money for them. This was back in 98-99. Selling CDs - Page 2 543534

Razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Selling CDs   Selling CDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 4:22 am

Thelemech wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

There are people in my life trying to convince me to sell off my collection. It is only about 1500 strong, minuscule compared to your giant collection. How much do you think yours are all worth??
I use to have a much larger collection and throughout the years I have probably amassed 5000 pieces of media in my life but unfortunately I sold many of them in times of need and for the fast cash. I remember when a CD was worth something, and once sold a huge amount of them to a small record store in Maui, that guy got some great Metal off of me but to be honest he gave me good money for them. This was back in 98-99. Selling CDs - Page 2 543534

Razz

At one point, when people were still paying large sums for rare stuff, I could have probably made at least $50,000 if not more on that stuff alone.

But I really have no idea what it's worth. I have something approaching 12,000 albums. If I tried to sell it to a company, they're probably offer like $5,000. Haha. But if CDs were valued as they used to be, it should be worth at least $100,000.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Selling CDs   Selling CDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Thelemech wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Razz

At one point, when people were still paying large sums for rare stuff, I could have probably made at least $50,000 if not more on that stuff alone.

But I really have no idea what it's worth. I have something approaching 12,000 albums. If I tried to sell it to a company, they're probably offer like $5,000. Haha. But if CDs were valued as they used to be, it should be worth at least $100,000.

12 000 is a huge collection - that is actually quite incredible. Cool
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Selling CDs   Selling CDs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 5:05 am

I keep everything, even if I don't like the music. I don't normally buy stuff these days without hearing it first online somewhere, so I don't have many duds lately, but I have some duds from before the internet days lol I still keep them though, I figure if I need to sell later, then I have a nice little savings account for emergencies. Plus you never know what some of them will be worth years from now. I'm always finding rare stuff in my collection I had no idea about how much they go for. One CD I bought on accident twenty years ago, turns out to be pretty rare, and if you can find it usually goes for fifty bucks or more.

https://www.amazon.com/Seed-Mundane/dp/B01AXM8QBE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477040487&sr=8-1&keywords=Mundane+seed

Got that one used for like five dollars years ago, and now it's over fifty. Great album btw, if you've never heard it. Kinda remind me of Prong.

Anyway, I horde all music now. I was dumb and young and gave away all my vinyls way back when. Thousands of dollars worth in today's market, but back then they weren't worth shit. So I won't let that happen again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selling CDs   Selling CDs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selling CDs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2