Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour

Go down 
+6
corplhicks
Glower
the sentinel
journeyman
thejokeriv
muckie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Empty
PostSubject: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:50 am

Not many rock bands can claim to have their own airplane modeled after them:

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2016-02-17/maiden-to-stream-ed-force-one-s-uk-arrival
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Check out the walk around video:

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1BRKjORRqaLGw

at 5:40, they show a sticker with the name of every member of the Iron Maiden Fanclub on the plane. Pretty cool to think thejokeriv is flying the friendly skies with Ed Force One!

(Yes, I use the same screen name on the Maiden forum)
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Absolutely amazing. Not many bands can do this.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2016 10:50 pm

I saw this in the new Classic Rock mag. Freakin' awesome! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 8:38 am

Compared to how Paul DiAnnos band gets around....
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

at 5:40, they show a sticker with the name of every member of the Iron Maiden Fanclub on the plane. Pretty cool to think thejokeriv is flying the friendly skies with Ed Force One!

Shoot, I guess the video expired. But that is f*ckin' cool that your screen name is on that plane!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:52 pm

corplhicks wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Shoot, I guess the video expired. But that is f*ckin' cool that your screen name is on that plane!

The font is very small since they had to put every one in the fan club on the stickers.

Cool news story from yesterday:

http://www.local10.com/video/iron-maiden-kicks-off-tour-with-major-landing-at-fll?searchType=ALL&compId=224867293

Cool pic - shows how massive Ed Force One is...... well, 747's are massive anyway, but Eddie on that giant tail is pretty darn cool:

Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour 12717503_10204342620445385_1269017745285185893_n
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:15 pm

Looks awesome! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Looks awesome! headbanger

I can't wait and extremely excited for Wednesday - first show of the new tour, no set list spoilers so far. no idea what the stage/lights will look like and first show since Bruce beat cancer. It is going to be a blast!

I plan to look for Ed Force One when I land in FLL and I'll post any pics I take.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 3:10 am

Wow. Majestic. Are there any other metal bands with such luxury?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Oosh!

Quote :
ED FORCE ONE BADLY DAMAGED ON THE GROUND IN COMODORO ARTURO MERINO BENITEZ (SANTIAGO, CHILE) AIRPORT

CONCERTS IN ARGENTINA TOMORROW AND TUESDAY EXPECTED TO GO AHEAD AS PLANNED

Ed Force One was this morning tethered to a tow truck to be taken for refuelling prior to flying over the Andes to Cordoba for the next show. On moving the steering pin that is part of the mechanism that connects the ground tug to the aircraft seemingly fell out. On making a turn the aircraft had no steering and collided with the ground tug badly damaging the undercarriage, two of the aircrafts engines and injuring two ground tug operators, both of whom have been taken to hospital. We hope of course that they make a full and speedy recovery and we will be closely monitoring their progress. The flight engineers are on site and evaluating the damage, but their initial report is that the engines have suffered large damage and will require an extended period of maintenance and possibly two new engines.

We are currently making contingency arrangements to get to the show in Cordoba tomorrow with band, crew and equipment intact. Fortunately the 20 tons of equipment had not been loaded onto EF1 at the time of the accident. Although this is tragic for our beautiful plane we do not expect this to affect our concert schedule including the next 2 shows in Cordoba and Buenos Aires. And we hope to find a new Ed Force One to continue this adventure with us in the near future. We will keep everyone updated when we know more, so keep checking only on this site for official news.

To finish on a high note however, our visit to Chile was a huge success with 58,000 fans coming to the show as totally brilliant as ever in the Stadium Nacional last night. We love you guys!

Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour 12806086_10153340571302051_6003407874478657092_n

Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour 1914578_10153340571307051_4972289798789546408_n
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 5:49 pm

^^ D'OH! Somebody's gettin' sued. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 5:59 pm

LOL the closeup angle on that first picture makes it seem like the turbine is giant in size, when in reality the mechanics are on the background, and the engine has pieces broken off conveniently to make the people seem like they are directly under it.

At least when looking at it on my crappy phone.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 8:47 pm

Oh, man. That's not good.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 3:40 am

I'm sure they're insured, but even one of those engines can cost like $10M.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 3:50 am

Bahaha I bet all the Iron Maiden fanboys rushed to Blabbermouth and were hoping Bruce Dickinson was okay. Like that one other time he had to make an emergency landing.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 10:02 am

Ouch is right! The Airport will have to pay for all the repairs (parts and labor) since their employee/equipment was at fault. They will probably have to pay back the cost of other transportation in the meantime. It will be years before the payments are sorted out (and I am sure lots of lawyers.) At least it was on the ground and no one was hurt.

Sounds like Maiden is looking for a replacement 747-400 in the mean time. They should be able to find one for the next month - since there are less flights during the winter/spring, some planes just sit so the operators look for ways to use the plane - i.e. leasing it to Iron Maiden (why the Ed Force One tours are always winter/spring.)

I'm glad I got pics of it before the accident:

Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Edited10
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Quite a bit of damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour   Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maiden sports their new airplane for upcoming tour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: