Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Trek Beyond Trailer

Go down 
+6
Addy
thejokeriv
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
James B.
10 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

Star Trek Beyond Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 1:53 pm

I have enjoyed the last two flicks quite a bit.

Dig the humor, the story line somewhat following the original run of motion pictures, and the character development has had some effort put into them.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 3:06 pm

I have yet to see any of the Star Trek reboots. I'll have to change that soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 3:19 pm

The Trek purists are already whining because of the Beastie Boys song in the trailer and also because all of the scenes are heavy action sequences.

Screw 'em. Getting upset over a teaser trailer is silly, often they have little in common with the feel of the actual movie.

Simon Pegg co-wrote the screenplay for this one so I'm expecting a large comedy quotient and Justin Lin has a knack for insanely complex stunt sequences so I'm going to take a positive approach for now.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 4:54 pm

I'm down! Looks great.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2015 6:09 pm

I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the first two reboots.  As a self-proclaimed "Trekkie" (of the original series) I was all set to just let loose on the first one.  But nope, I have to admit I was completely wrong; I enjoyed the hell out of it.  So of course I got the second one too and while I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first reboot flick, it was still way above average IMO.   And I have to agree with James, I really like the respect they've put into portraying the original characters; they have a lot of the same foibles they had in the original series yet they're also different at the same time.

So yeah, I'm down with the third one...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 2:56 pm

I will see the flick, but that is a terrible trailer. Hopefully the next trailer is better.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Cant wait i liked the other 2 Star Trek Reboots and i thought Sabotage was a nice touch in the first one
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 7:22 am

Personally, I prefer this fan made stuff:

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2015 7:53 am

This group is good too. You have to remember no one is paid for these.

And this one was so well done while re-creating a scene from the original series that YouTube originally blocked it for copyright violation.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Sadly this franchise will need a new Chekov

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/jun/19/anton-yelchin-star-trek-actor-dies-car-crash R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Sadly this franchise will need a new Chekov

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/jun/19/anton-yelchin-star-trek-actor-dies-car-crash  R.I.P.

So, sad to hear this. I've been a fan of his since the movie "Like Crazy", which came out in 2011. I thought he was great in the remake of "Fright Night" from that year as well. Needless to say, he was great in the Star Trek franchise also. Terribly sad news!

R.I.P. Anton Yelchin
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 7:13 pm

I read about that yesterday.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Beyond Trailer   Star Trek Beyond Trailer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Beyond Trailer
Page 1 of 1