Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire   Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 12:15 pm

Has anyone been following this story? Metalcore band Goodbye to Gravity was having a record release party on Oct. 30 in a Bucharest nightclub when their pyro lit the place up, eerily reminiscent of the Great White show at Station Night Club.

Among the 26 that died that night were both guitarists. A few days later, the drummer died and just yesterday, the bassist died, bringing the death toll up to 51. The lead singer, still in the hospital recovering from burns and smoke inhalation, is the only surviving member of the band.

Read more here...
http://loudwire.com/goodbye-to-gravity-bassist-dies-romanian-club-fire-death-toll-51/

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire   Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 12:38 pm

This is the first I have heard of it. Man I hate to see anything like this. I grew up about 20 minutes from the Station night club and it hit way too close to home for me and has had a lasting effect on my small state. I will certainly send up some prayers for all those involved.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire   Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 3:16 pm

Not familiar with the band, but I read about it on Blabbermouth a day or two after it happened, yikes. It's like the Great White fire all over again.

Speaking of which, Jack Russell in all of his wisdom, recently described the Station Nightclub fire as "the 9/11 of rock and roll," which seems like a poor choice of words...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jack-russell-on-great-white-nightclub-fire-it-was-like-the-911-of-rock-and-roll/

If he's using 9/11 as a comparison, his band would be the al-Quaeda hijackers in that scenario, wouldn't it? ...and since he's GW's leader, that would make him Osama bin Laden. Open mouth, insert foot, Jack.

(sigh) sorry for the brief rant, apologies for the thread jacking, but that quote just rubbed me the wrong way....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire   Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Wow, haven't heard about this until today when I saw something online and the Station fire was the first thing I thought of. I have wanted to buy this book but just never got around to it.

http://killershowbook.com/

And you're right, before I finished reading your post I thought "But that makes Jack a terrorist!". What a bone-headed comment. Not to mention "We will never play Desert Moon again" and it is now back in the setlist.

Feel bad that it has happened again. Prayers to all who were involved.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire   Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 4:59 pm

Quote :
I have wanted to buy this book but just never got around to it.

It was a pretty good read. The legal-ese gets a little thick in the later chapters when they get to the class action lawsuits that were filed on behalf of the fire victims, but the first half which covers events leading up to and immediately following the fire was fascinating/horrifying stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire   Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Never heard of the band before the fire, but I have family ties to Romania from my wife's side, so I've been following the story closely.

It's big news down there, and they are now cracking down on clubs without proper fire safety. I've been to a bunch of concerts in Bucharest myself, including Judas Priest and I think Queensryche. But those were large venues and/or outdoors. It's the tiny clubs that can be dangerous. And indeed those night clubs there felt pretty weird - they do have a doorman, but they don't keep people out and there's no limit on how many can enter. The weirdest thing when you don't see a line outside, and you can buy a ticket alright, yet the club is so full you can't fit in through the front door.

And obviously corruption runs rampant and no-one cares what materials they use and how many fire exits they have, since you can just give the fire inspector a few dollars and that's that.

Until now, of course, since this has now become a big deal in public and politicians are trying to fix it. Too late, in my opinion. There should have been a desire to fix things before they got so bad.

The kids that died... way too young. Such a tragedy. And there might still be more casualties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire   Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Goodbye To Gravity Nightclub Fire
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: