Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
tohostudios
Boris2008
chewie
Addy
mikeinfla
corplhicks
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 10:41 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hadley wrote:
A D- for Scrooged? Must not be a big Bill Murray fan, personally, i think that film is great. Watched it last year and it still holds up IMO.

Yea, he kinda lost me on that one too. 'Scrooged' gets a D- but 'Bad Santa' gets an A? Not in my world they don't.

I'd give 'em both an A. Love Bad Santa, as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:02 am

11 months out of the year, I'm a jaded, cynical, snarky prick. You know it. I know it. However, come December, I get into the spirit of the holidays. I want my Christmas selections to fill me with joy and good cheer. And yea, sometimes a little sadness.

I didn't find anything funny about 'Bad Santa'. It just came off as mean-spirited and crude for no reason. Same deal with horror-themed Christmas movies. They just rub me the wrong way. Never cared for them and never will. Killer Santas and psychos have no place in my Marshmallow World.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:12 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Hadley wrote:
A D- for Scrooged? Must not be a big Bill Murray fan, personally, i think that film is great. Watched it last year and it still holds up IMO.

Yea, he kinda lost me on that one too. 'Scrooged' gets a D- but 'Bad Santa' gets an A? Not in my world they don't.

I'd give 'em both an A. Love Bad Santa, as well.

Scrooged is pretty awful, critically it was a flop but I didn't even read a review when I first saw it, and I pretty much hated it. It's terribly uneven for starters, and good ol Bill goes way OTT in his delivery (I prefer my Murray subtle).

My cynical-joyful duality really gets rocked during the holidays so Bad Santa has this odd way keeping me festive lol.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:13 am

As I get older, I definitely turn to the sappy, sentimental Christmas movies far more than I do the slashers and such. But I disagree about Bad Santa. That movie has a lot of heart--I'd almost say more heart than your average yuletide film that centers around nice people staying nice and doing nice things for other nice people. The amount of Christmas magic required to get this self-centered, self-destructive sad sackety sack to feel anything for anyone besides himself...that's a lot of elf power man.

It's impossible for me to watch Bad Santa without feeling my heart swell a little at the end.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:18 am

corplhicks wrote:
Scrooged is pretty awful, critically it was a flop but I didn't even read a review when I first saw it, and I pretty much hated it. It's terribly uneven for starters, and good ol Bill goes way OTT in his delivery (I prefer my Murray subtle).

Well, critics aren't known for liking good movies. Heh.

But no matter what, I can't not like a movie that plants such a suggestive seed as "The Night the Reindeer Died." C'mon, Lee Majors...when is this faux trailer going to be a real movie, Hobo With A Shotgun style?

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 am

I watched 'Bad Santa' once when it was new-ish and hated it. Would my opinion change with another viewing? Eh, it's possible. But I don't see that happening. Too many other Christmas movies I'd rather enjoy with little-to-no effort.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 11:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
11 months out of the year, I'm a jaded, cynical, snarky prick. You know it. I know it. However, come December, I get into the spirit of the holidays. I want my Christmas selections to fill me with joy and good cheer. And yea, sometimes a little sadness.

I didn't find anything funny about 'Bad Santa'. It just came off as mean-spirited and crude for no reason. Same deal with horror-themed Christmas movies. They just rub me the wrong way. Never cared for them and never will. Killer Santas and psychos have no place in my Marshmallow World.

I'm the opposite during December. 11 months out of the year, I'm a jaded, cynical, snarky prick. However, come December, I get even more jaded, cynical and snarky. Hence I LOVE Christmas horror movies. \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:04 pm

I saw "Scrooged" in the theater when it came out and dug it. I too would like to see "The Night the Reindeer Died" turned into an actual feature Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I saw "Scrooged" in the theater when it came out and dug it. I too would like to see "The Night the Reindeer Died" turned into an actual feature Laughing very hard

Same here. Big fan of Scrooged since I saw it in the theater.

I love Bad Santa as well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 3:00 pm

I can't wait to add Krampus to my Christmas horror movie collection.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 3:41 pm

Corplhicks wrote:
The Little Match Girl (1987, Keshia Knight Pulliam) - A-

We were just talking about this one in work the other day. I remembered this version from when I was just a wee lad in school...

All the excitement of a Rankin/Bass production with a frozen child's corpse on the sidewalk at the end.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Hey Corp, ever see the Tales From the Darkside episode called "Seasons of Belief"?

To the tune of O Come All Ye Faithful:

"Oh I am the Grither
You cannot escape me.
For pleading is useless
And so are your prayers."

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 4:47 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Same here.  Big fan of Scrooged since I saw it in the theater.  

I saw it in the theater as well, but I don't think I've ever seen it from beginning to end since then. I guess that sort of says something. I don't remember disliking it back in the day, it just never made an impression on me like other Christmas movies have.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 7:59 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Same here.  Big fan of Scrooged since I saw it in the theater.  

I saw it in the theater as well, but I don't think I've ever seen it from beginning to end since then. I guess that sort of says something. I don't remember disliking it back in the day, it just never made an impression on me like other Christmas movies have.

I have yet to see it. I just noticed it's on Netflix so I'll have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 11:58 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Well, critics aren't known for liking good movies. Heh.

But no matter what, I can't not like a movie that plants such a suggestive seed as "The Night the Reindeer Died." C'mon, Lee Majors...when is this faux trailer going to be a real movie, Hobo With A Shotgun style?

Something tells me that if Cannon Films was still in business, we would have seen that film a long time ago.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 2:20 pm

Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas is on Amazon Prime and watched it last night. Very cute and holds up well.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 6:35 am

tohostudios wrote:
Hey Corp, ever see the Tales From the Darkside episode called "Seasons of Belief"?

To the tune of O Come All Ye Faithful:

"Oh I am the Grither
You cannot escape me.
For pleading is useless
And so are your prayers."

HAHAHA! Somehow I have never seen that one!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema   Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corplhicks' Guide to Holiday Cinema
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: