Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luke Skywalker dark side theory

Go down 
+2
Lari
Stender
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Luke Skywalker dark side theory Empty
PostSubject: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 5:07 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-conery/luke-skywalker-theory-destroys-everything-star-wars_b_8392698.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

I don't agree with this theory, and I'll post why later but do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6305

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 6:43 pm

The theory leans too hard on Hamill being such a good actor that he somehow managed to display a dark side to Skywalker's character.

In reality, Hamill kind of sucks, and pretty much just failed doing what he was supposed to. Wouldn't read too much into it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 6:47 pm

Interesting theory but I doubt it. At least at the end of Return, anyhow (who knows what happens between that and Force Awakens, for now). Once Luke burns Vader's body on Endor ,the ghosts of Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin seem pleased with him.

And the guy mentions Luke not in the trailer. Isn't that him placing his robotic hand on R2?
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 12:18 am

It is an interesting and potential theory, one which myself and my daughter shared immediately after seeing trailer 2.

It was surreal, we watched the trailer she looked at me and said "that's Luke Skywalker" and then she went about her day.

But in the end who knows, but I am certain millions of people will find out on opening weekend.

This movie is going to crush the box office and I am beginning to get my geek on about it, wven though I really wanted to not like it...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 2:18 am

I don't think so, the ghosts of Obi Wan, Yoda, and Anakin were pleased with him at the end of ROTJ. If he had turned to the dark side they wouldn't be happy.
Guess we'll find out in December for sure though.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:15 am

From what ive heard/read  Luke wont be seen much in this movie. Rumor has it hes in self imposed exile so he can resist the temptations of the dark side. I dont know how much weight it has but we shall find out in less than 2 months

I just read this article and 2 things come to mine

1) hes overthinking / analyzing

Especially citing that Luke will turn if he leaves Dagobah but isnt the Future always in motion?

2) I think the theory is a load of crap
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 4:20 pm

Then there's photo floating around the net. No sure how authentic it is but Luke doesn't look very Sith-y in it.

Luke Skywalker dark side theory Screen_Shot_2015-08-13_at_5.48_.00_PM_
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6305

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2015 6:17 pm

I just saw the movie.

Spoiler:

No-one else thought that?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Lari wrote:
I just saw the movie.

Spoiler:

No-one else thought that?

No. Not at all. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke Skywalker dark side theory   Luke Skywalker dark side theory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luke Skywalker dark side theory
Page 1 of 1