Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - Fallen

Go down 
+19
Dark Horseman
tul
deathisgain
Fat Freddy
Vexer6
Gilbert
corplhicks
muckie
Addy
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
DakotaRogers
nevermore
Thrasher73
the sentinel
brokentulsa
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 6:34 am

Stryper are no strangers to being cheesy... Want fries with that? Razz
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 8:23 am

I am just a very casual fan of the band, having never really heard anything past To Hell With The Devil. What I have heard of this album though is actually pretty good. I just may have to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 9:47 am

007 wrote:
I am just a very casual fan of the band, having never really heard anything past To Hell With The Devil. What I have heard of this album though is actually pretty good. I just may have to pick this one up.

You should check out Against the Law, very much worth your time. IMO a bit uneven but really heavy and gritty.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:41 pm

I love the 2 new songs they did with 7: The Best of Stryper, they were awesome IMO

Sing along song I like it for nostalgia it was cool hearing them do it live in 2003

I always liked The Reign from In God We Trust i havent spun that album in a very long time...

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 2:09 pm

I love their new album. the first track is an instant sing along classic.

easily among my top 5 for 2015.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Okay, I jump over a view mountains and give Stryper a chance. I have no problems with their lyrics, the problem is everything else about this band that made them unlistenable to me so far (throwing bibles into the audience, stupid interviews).
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 3:37 pm

Really? We're saying their lyrics are shallow? This is metal guys and it thrives on cheese. I don't like the songs because they're musically insipid but dang, ripping on lyrics like that is funny to me. Because, you know, Ram It Down is so lyrically heavy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 8:05 pm

I like Stryper's heavy songs, but I never really cared for their Styx style ballads. Their lyrics are typical or (on par) for a Christian rock band from the mid 80s.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 9:48 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Really? We're saying their lyrics are shallow? This is metal guys and it thrives on cheese. I don't like the songs because they're musically insipid but dang, ripping on lyrics like that is funny to me. Because, you know, Ram It Down is so lyrically heavy.

Exactly. There are very few metal lyrics out there that ever blew me away. It's either nerdy fantasy (power metal), irrational mindless violence and/or pretentious satan worship (death/black), or songs about motorcycles and loose women (glam). None of that screams deep. Every genre has exceptions but Stryper, although having some rather gut-wrenching examples (like "Lady"), is not that much worse.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 12:17 pm

I finally got a copy of Fallen in the mail yesterday. I've only had time to give it one spin but it sounds badass. Stryper should've heavied it up like this years ago, people might have taken them more seriously.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 1:19 pm

Yeah, I got it a few days back. It's pretty good. When they go heavy, they really sound fantastic.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I finally got a copy of Fallen in the mail yesterday. I've only had time to give it one spin but it sounds badass. Stryper should've heavied it up like this years ago, people might have taken them more seriously.

They "heavied it up" in 1990 and people turned away in droves. Haha! Also, their last album before this one 'No More Hell to Pay' is just as heavy and as good.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 4:24 pm

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 4:42 pm

ultmetal wrote:
They "heavied it up" in 1990 and people turned away in droves. Haha!

I know, and that sucks cuz up until recently Against the Law was probably my favorite Stryper record...the two most recent ones are creeping up on it though!

I'm just sayin', imagine if they'd been playing stuff like Fallen in 1986 instead of treacly crap like "Sing-Along Song" and "Honestly" (gaaag!)...haha!

Quote :
Also, their last album before this one 'No More Hell to Pay' is just as heavy and as good.

Yeah, I liked N.M.H.T.P. a lot.... Obviously I haven't had Fallen long enough yet to decide if I like it better than that one yet, but at the moment I'm very impressed with it!  headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 5:46 pm

ultmetal wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Solely for the sake of curiosity I read the lyrics to "Big Screen Lies" and I guess my primary question is...is that it?  That's the extent of what you have to say on the subject?  Did you spend 5 minutes writing those lyrics?  Laughable.

It's just beyond corny sounding, which is the same problem I had with "Not that Kind of Guy" on Against the Law. I don't really mind the music so much on Big Screen Lies, but the chorus just seems a bit too cheesy for my taste, and not cheesy in a fun sort of way like "Loud, clear, let the people hear. Scream, shout, show what it's all about."

"Big screeny, big screeny lies...you got me rockin'!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 5:47 pm

I must be one of the few that thinks NMHTP was better, and by no small margin...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 6:43 pm

candlemass wrote:
I must be one of the few that thinks NMHTP was better, and by no small margin...

Most fans I have met seem to be diggin' the new one quite a bit.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 6:58 pm

I like it, just not near as much as the last one...

...or even as much as the last Ultimatum lp! headbanger
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 8:07 pm

candlemass wrote:
I like it, just not near as much as the last one...

After multiple listens; I'd have to say I agree. It's a great album, but I think NMHTP was better.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 9:35 pm

I think this is the best they have ever sounded. Not that their other albums weren't great, but they just sound more massive & serious with the heavier tunes. Michael always sounds great, but sounds energized on this one. Pride is my new favorite song by them.

MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2015 3:28 pm

Having just gotten Fallen, I'll say it's very good. I'm not sure at this point if it will unseat NMHTP at the top, simply because NMHTP is just so hooky and this one hasn't quite grabbed me to the same extent. Time will tell. I'm definitely enjoying Fallen.

Although I'm not digging the ballad. At all. But that's par for the course with me and Stryper (Lady being the exception).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Fallen    Stryper - Fallen  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - Fallen
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: