Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review   Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 1:08 pm

My latest review is up and it's of the new Iron Maiden:

http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/2015/09/book-of-lols.html

TLDR version - It's an above average album that recalls Maiden's glory years. The production is terrible and Bruce's vocals are very strained. There are several shorter, punchy tracks that really help move things along. I think most fans of Iron Maiden would enjoy it, but it's hardly the masterpiece most reviewers are making it out to be.

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review   Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Good review, sir. I rank this one a little higher than you do as I keep going back to it and have probably spun both discs about ten times since getting it on Sept. 4th. I feel as though it's an album that is better when listened to as a whole rather than cherry picking a song here and a song there.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review   Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 9:45 am

the sentinel wrote:
Good review, sir. I rank this one a little higher than you do as I keep going back to it and have probably spun both discs about ten times since getting it on Sept. 4th. I feel as though it's an album that is better when listened to as a whole rather than cherry picking a song here and a song there.

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review   Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 12:09 pm

I agree with parts of the review, though I think I like the album a little more overall and I think I have a much longer attention span.  Razz

I would rank the album as "good". It's not a masterpiece or the second coming of the 1980s or whatever hyperbole you find out their in online "journalism" these days. It's one of the best of the reunion albums and it's still better than anything Maiden released during the 1990s, but that's about as far as I'm willing to go with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review   Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden - The Book Of Souls - Review
Page 1 of 1