Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Empty
PostSubject: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:34 am

NY Rangers and Tampa Bay start the third round of the playoffs today.

I've got the Rangers in 7. They have the better defense and can match the offense of the Lightning. I would predict the Rangers to win in fewer games, but they don't like to make things easy on themselves. So it's going to go seven. I'm really impressed by Kevin Hayes, so I'm going to pick him to score the series winning goal.

In the West, Hawks-Ducks start tomorrow (another matinee game). Ducks had 7 more points in the regular season, but that's with an easier schedule and pretty much means nothing over the course of 82 games anyway. I do remember the Hawks taking both games at the Honda Center comfortably. Hawks have the edge in defense, especially the top four. Top offensive talent is pretty even, but Hawks have more depth. Goaltending is a wash, but if I had to pick one, I'd take the one with a Cup ring (Crawford).

So, really, the Hawks are the favourites and will earn a split in Anaheim, then get favourable matchups at home ice and win both games in Chicago and take a commanding 3-1 series lead. In recent years, Hawks have been excellent when given the chance to put a team away. I'm tempted to say Hawks in 5, but they are due. A complete meltdown, losing focus, puck luck, statistics, Boudreau utilising the Flying V, whatever - it will give the Ducks enough life to come back and force a game 7.

That game 7 goes to OT, and Ryan Kesler wins it. Ducks in 7.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:40 am

EASTERN CONFERENCE

New York Rangers (1st in Metropolitan Division) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (2nd in Atlantic Division)
The New York Rangers made NHL history in becoming the very first team to win a seven game series after trailing three games to one back-to-back seasons; they did it against Washington in the second round this year, and last year, they did the same against Pittsburgh (also in the second round). Every game New York has played thus far in the playoffs has been decided by one goal. This marks their first appearance in the playoffs against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Tampa Bay defeated Detroit in the opening round and Montréal in the second round. Tampa Bay defeated New York in all three of their regular season matchups.
Prediction: New York Rangers in seven games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks (1st in Pacific Division) vs. Chicago Blackhawks (3rd in Central Division)
The Chicago Blackhawks made it to the Conference Finals for the fifth time in the past seven years, whereas Anaheim have not gone beyond the second round since 2007, their sole Stanley Cup win thus far. This marks the first time that the Blackhawks and Ducks have met in the playoffs. In the regular season, the Ducks and Blackhawks played three times; Chicago won two of them, and Anaheim won one.
Prediction: Anaheim Ducks in six games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 10:47 am

Vegas odds:

Rangers 2/1
Blackhawks 9/4
Ducks 23/10
Lightning 9/2

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Glad you didn't pick the 'hawks, it's worked so far. lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 5:31 pm

I'd like to see a Ducks-Lightning finals.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 8:23 pm

007 wrote:
I'd like to see a Ducks-Lightning finals.

I'd prefer Hawks-Rangers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 12:02 am

Hawks @ Ducks game 2 going to overtime.

I've got Kesler. Bickell for the Hawks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 7:56 am

Lari wrote:
Hawks @ Ducks game 2 going to overtime.

I've got Kesler. Bickell for the Hawks.

Man, that game went into the 3rd overtime. Absolutely amazing.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:00 am

Hawks win, and the series is tied. Still going as I predicted it would.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 8:13 am

Yeah and those types of games can be back breakers for the loser.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 11:37 am

No more games like that, i'm too old to stay up that late.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Bolts - Rags series 2-2, Ducks - Hawks 2-1.

Hawks and Ducks going at it again tonight in Chicago. Hawks desperately need this one.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 7:24 am

Insane series. Ducks up 3-2. Three games have gone to OT. Last night was another roller coaster of emotions.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 11:42 pm

Get ready for the Super Weekend of Hockey!

Bolts @ Rags Friday
Hawks @ Ducks Saturday

TWO game sevens, both for a big trophy, and for the right to play for the biggest trophy of them all next week.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:20 am

Lari wrote:
Get ready for the Super Weekend of Hockey!

Bolts @ Rags Friday
Hawks @ Ducks Saturday

TWO game sevens, both for a big trophy, and for the right to play for the biggest trophy of them all next week.

Yeah. It doesn't really get any better than this (except a game 7 in the Cup Finals).
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 9:50 pm

Rangers - Lightning tied at 0-0 after two periods. Pretty much a dud of a hockey game so far. Ineffectual play by both teams. This has been a great series and deserves a better third period...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 11:38 pm

The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! CGOMDF5_Wc_AEUIVc
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 10:01 am

I love it. I hate any and all New York teams.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 7:37 am

The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Blackhawks_Campbell_Bowl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Conference Finals!
Page 1 of 1