Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD

Go down 
+4
the sentinel
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
muckie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Empty
PostSubject: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 5:27 am

I want to know whether this was ever reissued in recent years, as Scott says the Japanese edition was the only one printed on CD. I see a about a dozen or so copies of the CD version on eBay and half of them seem to be going for about $20 and under. Is there a modern reissue or are all CD versions of this album OOP?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 1:54 pm

A CD version with the original 1984 "missiles/hand of God" cover artwork was only released in Japan.

The 1986 "remixed" version with two then-new bonus tracks and a different cover was released on CD several times (on Enigma and Hollywood Recs.) and I would imagine those must be fairly common.

I believe that even tho it has the "old" cover on it, the Japanese CD still has the "new" remix on it, not the original album mix, but don't quote me on that.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 3:28 pm

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/stryper_cds.htm

Looks like Scott doesn't even have this, as his is a CD-R of the vinyl version. I have a copy too (digital copy from Cliffy) and it sounds really good. I believe his source was also vinyl. The "regular" 1986 version is pretty common.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 8:40 pm

I have the common remixed version. I don't think I have ever seen the original one for sale "in person" only on line.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:12 am

I have the original hand of God album on vinyl but only the remix on cd.The only way you'll find the original on cd is a Japanese version.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Looks like this one is available on cd again.

Preordered my copy today. Can't wait headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 3:30 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Yeah, apparently it was reissued in Japan recently.

I've had my eye on it at my favorite online vendors but they all seem to be out of stock at the moment.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 4:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I've had my eye on it at my favorite online vendors but they all seem to be out of stock at the moment.

I think it's a Japanese pressing, as you said.

The album should be out on March 5 normally.

I hope Soldiers gets a reissue as well. Need that one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 5:05 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I think it's a Japanese pressing, as you said.

The album should be out on March 5 normally.

I hope Soldiers gets a reissue as well. Need that one.

I believe that their entire early catalog (Yellow & Black thru Against the Law) is being reissued.

I already have the rest of those albums on CD, but I would like to finally get Y&B.

I held off on getting it for a long time, in the vain hope that they might eventually reissue it with the original cover art and mix, but it looks like that's never gonna happen...so now I'll take whatever version I can get at this point, just to fill that gap in the collection. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 9:54 pm

Good to know it's all getting reissued. I still have a couple of gaps that need to be filled in my Stryper collection.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 6:18 am

I don't own any Stryper. This may be a good time to start collecting.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 12:56 am

So it's true that their catalogue is getting a Japanese reissue!

I am pre-ordering Soldiers Under Command. Well worth it, even though i already own most of the songs on other cds.

Also preordered Against the Law on cd.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 11:44 am

I ripped all my stryper cds to mp3. I have the cds somewhere but I listen more now that it is digital.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 7:11 am

I received the Japanese reissues (with OBI) of both Soldiers Under Command and Against The Law headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2021 9:55 pm

So I finally broke down and ordered the Japanese Yellow & Black Attack re-ish late last week, just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

This of course means that they will probably announce a new reissue with the original cover art and the original mix any day now. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD   Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - The Yellow and Black Attack on CD
Page 1 of 1