Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order

Go down 
+4
metalinmyveins
thejokeriv
Witchfinder
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Empty
PostSubject: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 6:39 pm

Attention Marvel Nerds,

This articles gives you a chronological viewing guide to all the Marvel Cinematic Universe material in preparation for the new Avengers movie.

http://decider.com/2015/04/30/marvel-streaming-best-order/

Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Marvel-guide
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:03 pm

My advice:

Skip the following: The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor and Thor: The Dark World...cause they aren't very good.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39405

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:07 pm

I liked both Thor movies (and I was never a huge Thor comic fan). I need to see all those one-shots except for Hail To The King, which I thought was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 1:11 pm

I like the Thor flicks too - The Incredible Hulk was fun, not great but 1000 times better than The Hulk (which was horrid)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 1:39 pm

I'm really not a fantasy film guy and those trappings in the Thor movies just kind of leave me cold. I also felt the second Thor movie was really sloppy in delivery, too much of the humor fell flat and whoever cast Kat Dennings for that movie should be slapped.

I didn't have a problem with the first Hulk film, though since I'm not a comic book guy anyway I just judged the film on its own merits, not how it compared to the comics. My only experience with Hulk was the 1970s TV series and tonally I felt the film was in a similar vein...more drama than action. I can understand how people that just want to see the big green guy smash stuff could be disappointed.

For the record, the two Avengers films handle Hulk about 100x better than either of those previous attempts and Mark Ruffalo was a major score in that role. Norton was terrible, I felt like he was sleep walking through his performance.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 2:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
I'm really not a fantasy film guy and those trappings in the Thor movies just kind of leave me cold.  I also felt the second Thor movie was really sloppy in delivery, too much of the humor fell flat and whoever cast Kat Dennings for that movie should be slapped.  

I didn't have a problem with the first Hulk film, though since I'm not a comic book guy anyway I just judged the film on its own merits, not how it compared to the comics.  My only experience with Hulk was the 1970s TV series and tonally I felt the film was in a similar vein...more drama than action.  I can understand how people that just want to see the big green guy smash stuff could be disappointed.  

For the record, the two Avengers films handle Hulk about 100x better than either of those previous attempts and Mark Ruffalo was a major score in that role.  Norton was terrible, I felt like he was sleep walking through his performance.

I'm not a lover of the Thor movies, but I thought the second movie was an improvement over what was a very flat first film. I think what soured me the most about the first film was everything that happened in New Mexico. I thought the dialogue which took place between Hemsworth, Skarsgard, Portman & Dennings was boring. I'm like, when are you going to be able to pick up your hammer again, so we can just move this storyline ahead. Having said that, I'm hit or miss with the whole Sci-fi fantasy worlds out there in the cinematic universe. The world which is Asgard is just okay. I think Thor is a much more interesting character with in an ensemble (other superheroes) then just a stand alone character and ditto for that of The Hulk. I didn't have a problem with Norton, though I much prefer Ruffalo. I have a built in prejudice as it relates to anything involving Liv Tyler. I think she totally gravy trainer, due to her genes. I think she's a non talent and we simply have to put up with her because her father is someone important. Hopefully we'll never see her in a Marvel movie again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 2:51 pm

Comparing the dialogue of the Thor movies with say, Joss Whedon's dialogue from the Avengers movies is a night & day difference in quality.

Even Guardians of The Galaxy which is very entertaining, doesn't have the humorous sparkle that Whedon's films possess. It's funny, don't get me wrong, but it's not as deeply funny, it's more surface.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 3:35 pm

I wish I had enough free time to watch all that in order. ..

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 10:37 pm

I want to see the next Avengers but with my mom unemployed and always here (I miss my privacy, but it is what it is) I feel the need to buy her a ticket too. I've been introducing her to the Iron Man movies, the Thor movies, and Captain America movies. We saw the fist two of Iron Man and the first of the others then the Avengers (I skipped The Hulk movies-not like you need to see those movies to get the character-unlike the others). This weekend we will see the others so next week we can see the new Avengers. My sister's husband has praised this one so I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm

I'm hoping to catch Avengers:Age Of Ultron tomorrow night at the drive-in.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:31 am

I loved most of these Marvel movies, but then I am a comic book geek as a kid.

I re-watched the Avengers and that is a fun popcorn flick
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:24 am

My brother saw "Avengers: Age of Ultron" opening night and spent about a half hour raving about it to me on the phone yesterday... he sez it's better than the first one.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
My brother saw "Avengers: Age of Ultron" opening night and spent about a half hour raving about it to me on the phone yesterday... he sez it's better than the first one.

Cool! I can't wait, because I have some reserved seats at the IMax with some friends. The last Agents of Shield was a really good segue into the events that will take place in this movie.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 1:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

My sister's husband claims it is now his favorite movie of all time (used to be the second Nolan Batman movie, but he said this one knocked it off it's perch).
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:15 pm

What about the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Spider-Man movies?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 5:19 pm

Those technically don't count. They don't fit into the cinematic universe since Marvel\Disney doesn't own the filming rights to those.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:03 pm

BTW, for those who saw it, I have a question. Apparently, the movie has a tie in with Agents Of Shield. Is it necessary to have seen that show and know what the tie in is to follow the movie? Because neither my mom or I have watched that show.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:52 pm

Haven't seen the movie yet but on the tv series the only thing I can think of is one of the characters with premonition "sees" men of metal rampaging through cities.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 6:54 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
BTW, for those who saw it, I have a question. Apparently, the movie has a tie in with Agents Of Shield. Is it necessary to have seen that show and know what the tie in is to follow the movie? Because neither my mom or I have watched that show.

I just got home from seeing the movie, and it blows the first Avengers away. Ultron is the difference maker, as he is just a more sinister baddie then that of Loki. Obviously the addition of Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision make a huge difference. There are some nice cameos as well. Regarding Agents of Shield, it's a nice tie in to the movie, but seeing that episode isn't essential. Watching this season, especially the last four episodes makes the opening scene even more pleasurable. As of yet, Marvel can do no wrong!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:12 pm

Saw it today, great flick! I will pick it up on Bluray and watch it a few more times. You don't need to see Agents of Shield prior to seeing the movie, just a small tie in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order   Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watching all the Marvel Movies/Shorts/TV Shows in order
Page 1 of 1