Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Chess Players ?

Go down 
+4
Thelemech
bgsully
MetalGuy71
Glower
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

Any Chess  Players ? Empty
PostSubject: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 7:59 pm

This guy has A LOT of very interesting things -
he's a hypnotist also - magician -
This is one of my favorites -
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 10:56 am

I play a little. I'm not that good, but I'm learning. My brother is the coach of the high school chess team where he teaches, so he's been teaching my kids to play as well. I play on my phone when I'm bored in meetings at work.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 5:53 pm

I love chess.....though not that good at it.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Chess is a great game that I love playing but presently I am not that good at it... I still have not truly grasped the strategies available.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 7:12 pm

The closest I ever came to chess was the old Archon video game.  It's essentially chess but the pieces have to literally battle each other to take a square and every so often you could get lucky with a "pawn" (the knight or troll) and knock off a much more powerful piece.

PostSubject: Re: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 7:57 pm

I can play it, but I never practiced enough to really develop offensive strategies...it didn't help that in my lifetime I've never really had friends that played it, so no chance to practice.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 11:57 am

In school, I got "A's" on the tests but didn't do much homework. So a few teachers had me come hang out during lunch in one of their rooms and do some writing or whatever to make up the assignments. The chess club met there and I got the bug. To this day, I am probably an above average player at best, but can give somebody a decent game. I have surprised a few pastors over the years, but I guess my appearance had more to do with that than just my ability.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 3:08 pm

I used to play against my dad all the time and I'm looking forward to teaching my kids how to play.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 6:31 pm

My wife and I used to play a bit a while back. Haven't played it in years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Chess Players ?   Any Chess  Players ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Chess Players ?
Page 1 of 1