Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tony Iommi tribute

Go down 
+4
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
glassprison
bgsully
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 5:33 pm

"Black Sabbath icon Tony Iommi is the subject of a tribute album featuring former bandmates Vinny Appice and Tony Martin.It's called Great Lefty: Live Forever..."

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2015-03-03/black-sabbath-tony-iimmi-tribute-album-cancer

Of personal interest to me is the fact that Place Of Skulls will be contributing! headbanger
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 5:52 pm

It's not a tribute album if Ripper Owens isn't doing vocals on at least half of the tracks. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 5:54 pm

Mark Boals and Barry Goudreau? More power to them but nothing about this project sparks my interest.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 6:34 pm

glassprison wrote:
It's not a tribute album if Ripper Owens isn't doing vocals on at least half of the tracks. Laughing

hahaha
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:00 pm

yawn

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:27 pm

It doesn't look good except for the Place of Skulls track. Why couldn't they find some good bands to play on this?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Quote :
Proceeds from the project will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support in recognition of Iommi's battle with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

With that line-up, they'll be lucky to raise enough for a cup of coffee.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Proceeds from the project will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support in recognition of Iommi's battle with non-Hodgkin lymphoma.

With that line-up, they'll be lucky to raise enough for a cup of coffee.

lol!
Back to top Go down

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Hey guys, our budget is $5 per band, is that good enough? We will also be using a 1978 Radio Shack portable cassette recorder for the master.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:14 am

I don't understand why Vinnie & Tony would get involved with this low rent crapfest.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:46 am

glassprison wrote:

lol!

But all said and done, he does a good job!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 9:57 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I don't understand why Vinnie & Tony would get involved with this low rent crapfest.

Since it's going towards a charitable cause, I guess it's hard to say no without looking like dicks.

Tony Iommi tribute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tony Iommi tribute   Tony Iommi tribute Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tony Iommi tribute
Page 1 of 1