Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All things Metallica

Go down 
+56
Hadley
Wrecked Neck
candlemass
DallasBlack
glassprison
HeavyThrashhead
DevZor
tohostudios
7thSecond
Aaron_D
Wurthless
Addy
Mglaffas81
John Madden
Louder
ShadowAngel
Lari
akeldama
Thrasher73
Vexer6
Thelemech
nevermore
bgsully
the sentinel
Dark Horseman
A Handful of Wayne
kyleblack
mikeinfla
metalinmyveins
mlotek
Troublezone
Runicen
Required Fields
mc666
DakotaRogers
chewie
ZombieHavoc
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
exact33
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Sword Of The Heretic
SideShowDisaSter
Smindas
James B.
MetalRob331
Eyesore
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Temple of Blood
BearOnUnicycle
manny
thejokeriv
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

All things Metallica - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm

He looks like former baseball player Mark McGwire.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2018 9:09 am

Troublezone wrote:
He looks like former baseball player Mark McGwire.

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2018 5:34 pm

Billboard reports that Paul Curcio, the studio engineer who produced Kill'Em All, has passed away at the age of 74:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8477127/paul-curcio-dead-metallica-kill-em-all-producer

Quote :
Paul Curcio, the producer and studio founder best known as the producer of Metallica’s historic debut album Kill ‘Em All, died of heart failure in St. Petersburg, Florida on the night of Sept. 10, as confirmed by his daughter Brianne Curcio-Smith. He was 74.

Curcio, a native of Rochester, New York, scored hits early in his career as the guitarist of the Mojo Men with the psychedelic folk-rock quartet’s 1966 single “Dance With Me,” produced by Sylvester Stewart (a.k.a. Sly Stone), and their 1967 cover of Buffalo Springfield’s “Sit Down, I Think I Love You,” produced by Van Dyke Parks. Curcio co-founded the group in Miami with his cousin, the late Jim Alaimo (brother of the late Steve Alaimo, a regular on the Dick Clark vehicle Where the Action Is). The Mojo Men relocated to San Francisco in 1964 and signed with Autumn Records under the production hand of Stewart, then an in-house producer at the label. The band even backed Stewart under the moniker Sly and the Mojo Men, but the fruits of those efforts didn’t surface until 1995.

In their first self-produced effort, the Grateful Dead recorded their classic album Aoxomoxoa there, while Santana recorded their self-titled debut in the space later the same year. The following year, an embryonic pre-Patrick Simmons lineup of the Doobie Brothers recorded the demos that would lead to their signing with Warner Bros. and their association with producer Ted Templeman. (According to Curcio, Simmons joined the group midway through the recording of those demos.)

In the late '70s, Curcio moved to Rochester and founded his Music America studio. In 1983, he was approached by then-Metallica manager and Megaforce Records founder Jon “Jonny Z” Zazula about recording the band’s debut album. The circumstances behind the making of Kill ‘Em All have been extensively documented, but the album -- officially certified triple-Platinum by the RIAA 1999 -- is widely regarded as the catalyst for the thrash metal movement of the ‘80s, which also included Metallica peers like Slayer, Megadeth, Exodus, and Anthrax.

In an interview conducted with Billboard earlier this year, Curcio recalled that Zazula chose him, basically, because Curcio was willing to book the session at an inexpensive rate. To the best of his memory, the project was budgeted at a lump-sum total of $15,000 for about 17 days’ worth of work. Of course, no one involved had any inkling that they were about to make history, but looking back Curcio said he was quite proud of the album and of Metallica’s success. “We were all part of making one of the greatest albums of all time,” he recalled.

Curcio continued working on titles for Zazula, including the 1984 Blue Cheer reunion album The Beast Is Back. He relocated Music America to Nashville but closed the studio down in the mid-’90s. He subsequently moved to the Tampa-St. Petersburg area, where he managed The Family Stone Experience and remained active in scouting and developing talent into the 2010s. Brianne Curcio-Smith says she knows her father “had some other things in the works” at the time of his death. “Music was in his blood,” she adds. “He would never give it up.”

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 11:58 am

Wow. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Reading that guy's resume, the Metallica gig seemed really out of left-field for a fella of his tastes (Grateful Dead, Santana). Also seeing this...
Quote :
the guitarist of the Mojo Men with the psychedelic folk-rock quartet
...makes me think of David St. Hubbins and 'Listen to the Flower People'.  Laughing

Good for him taking a chance and helping create a new genre. Thanks for the music, sir.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 2:09 pm

I started watching the "Some Kind of Monster" documentary earlier today. I had seen it back when it came out, but I am sort of binging on music docs a bit lately. I am about an hour in and it's becoming clearer to me why St. Anger turned out to be such a p.o.s. album. Looking forward to watching the rest and the update of it from a few years back. I do wanna reach through the screen and slap the therapist guy. He just comes off as so pompous and douchey.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 3:19 pm

Anyone going to check out the new Metallica beer? I'm hoping to get it on Monday.

All things Metallica - Page 21 ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewscripps.brightspotcdn.com%2Fd0%2F62%2Fc551c362451fbdd72070643e86a1%2Fenter-night-pilsner-6pk
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 3:36 pm

glassprison wrote:
Anyone going to check out the new Metallica beer? I'm hoping to get it on Monday.

All things Metallica - Page 21 ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewscripps.brightspotcdn.com%2Fd0%2F62%2Fc551c362451fbdd72070643e86a1%2Fenter-night-pilsner-6pk

I've been keeping an eye out for it, haven't seen it yet though. It's from the makers of "Arrogant Bastard," which I like so I should dig it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 6:03 pm

glassprison wrote:

I haven't seen it yet. I will keep a taste bud on high alert. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2019 7:50 pm

I'm looking out for it, Stone makes some good beers.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 10:08 am

I'll keep an eye out for it too. I like sampling any "band" beer I come across.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39404

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 1:22 pm

glassprison wrote:

Hmmm, I may have seen that at the beer store. It looks like the other Arrogant Bastard brands so I probably just passed it over. I'll have to check next time I'm there.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 7:49 pm

I just bought it today at the midwestern liquor chain Binny's. I'll probably wait until Easter to try it, as I don't think I'll be seeing any other Metallica fans until then.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 11:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
METALLICA frontman James Hetfield tops off the coveted ensemble cast of the upcoming thriller "Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile". The film follows the relationship between notorious serial killer Ted Bundy, played by Zac Efron, and his longtime girlfriend, played by Lily Collins, who at the time had no knowledge of the crimes.

The Grammy and multi-platinum- and gold-award-winning artist will be playing officer Bob Hayward, a no-nonsense Utah highway patrol veteran who was the first law enforcement officer to arrest Bundy in 1975 after pulling the killer over and discovering burglary tools in his car but wisely suspecting much worse. While Hetfield has played himself in other films and television productions, this will be his first dramatic role taking on a different character.

Bump.

This movie premiers tomorrow night (05.03.19) on Netflix for those interested in seeing Mr. Hetfield's acting debut.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 11:25 am

007 wrote:
glassprison wrote:

Hmmm, I may have seen that at the beer store. It looks like the other Arrogant Bastard brands so I probably just passed it over. I'll have to check next time I'm there.

My local place didn't have it.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 11:42 am

Sounds like a good movie!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 9:08 pm

Wow! Papa Het in a Hollywood film, I had no idea.

On a Metallica note, I busted out the 3rd disc of the Master of Puppets deluxe cd reissue last night and that thing is barely bootleg quality. It was the tour where James broke his arm and the tech was filling in. Love the burping in between songs too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 9:28 pm

Just revisited Death Magnetic today and I can say that I prefer it over the last one. The only song that stands out to me from Hardwired is Spit Out the Bone.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 10:10 pm

Agreed, DM is far better than Hardwired. It really would have been better as a single disc.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 11:31 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Agreed, DM is far better than Hardwired. It really would have been better as a single disc.

Yeah, Hardwired is bloated and lackluster. But it sold more copies, go figure...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2019 9:08 am

Troublezone wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Yeah, Hardwired is bloated and lackluster. But it sold more copies, go figure...

Possibly based on the fact that DM was a real good album, so people may have bought it expecting more of the same? Or possibly people felt that Hardwired could be the last studio effort and got on board? Nobody really knows. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 11:04 am

In the interest of making everyone feel seriously old, Metallica's KILL'EM ALL was released on this date in 1983.

That's right. THIRTY F**KING SIX YEARS AGO today.

All things Metallica - Page 21 6743171_f520

Who would'a thought that these dirty looking kids were gonna conquer the world?

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
In the interest of making everyone feel seriously old, Metallica's KILL'EM ALL was released on this date in 1983.

That's right. THIRTY F**KING SIX YEARS AGO today.

All things Metallica - Page 21 6743171_f520

Who would'a thought that these dirty looking kids were gonna conquer the world?

I'm old. Crying or Very sad

I remember seeing this album for the first time at summer camp. I think it was in June of 1984 and I thought it was one of the scariest album covers of all time. A hammer AND blood! Oh no! I also thought the guys looked really tough in that photo. Lol!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 6:18 pm

Wow this came out a full five years before I was even born!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2019 7:40 pm

All things Metallica - Page 21 387733 All things Metallica - Page 21 251456 R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All things Metallica   All things Metallica - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All things Metallica
Page 21 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next