Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Grammy Awards Music Biz

Go down 
+4
Required Fields
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Glower
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

Grammy Awards Music Biz Empty
PostSubject: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 3:23 pm

I awoke - had to hear the weather forecast on the radio -
the news I 1st heard
was some dude in his twenties got 4 awards
thanks to - another guy - who broke his heart ? scratch
Anyways, I had to see what song AC DC did - ?
Went to youtube and was somewhat surprised...yes...
I thought for sure " Play Ball " would of been the song.
That place was crowded with all sorts of people ! Wowza !
Madonna - Living for love - had demon dancers - horns -
of course I saw the various satanic discussions on symbolism
Any take on the show - and old guy crooner - Gaga - Perry -
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 3:43 pm

I only channel surfed past the Grammy show long enough to catch AC/DC, after which I said "Ooookay, that's all I need to see," and went back to AMC to wait for "The Walking Dead."

...and yeah, the nut jobs were all over YouTube before the Grammy show was even over, putting up clips of so-called "video analysis" claiming that the whole ceremony was a big nationally televised Satanic/Illuminati mating ritual, or what-the-f*ck-ever. insane

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 4:36 pm

People watch this?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 5:15 pm

^^ Supposedly its TV ratings were down 11% from last year, so maybe not. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:41 pm

I don't have any interest in the Grammys, but my parents had it on last night, and was in the room when AC/DC were on.

And yes, I've read some pretty out there stuff written by fundamentalist religious fanatics about the Grammys over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 9:56 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
People watch this?

25 million watched it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 10:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
People watch this?

25 million watched it.  

25 million shut-ins?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 10:40 pm

The local news cast just finished its Grammy recap. The anchorman gave AC/DC props for being "the only performers that played real instruments" and for "skipping the red carpet because they've been wearing the same outfits since the 70s." Smile

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 10:44 pm

I honestly didn't watch one second of the show.

But I'm curious what "metal" act won for best metal album? I sure hope it wasn't Jethro Tull again, especially since they didn't even release an album last year. Not that that would stop the ignorant panel that votes on these things.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 10:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:

But I'm curious what "metal" act won for best metal album?  I sure hope it wasn't Jethro Tull again, especially since they didn't even release an album last year.  Not that that would stop the ignorant panel that votes on these things.

Tenacious D won for a Dio cover. What a joke.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 10:49 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

But I'm curious what "metal" act won for best metal album?  I sure hope it wasn't Jethro Tull again, especially since they didn't even release an album last year.  Not that that would stop the ignorant panel that votes on these things.

Tenacious D won for a Dio cover.  What a joke.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And I was worried someone like Slipknot won. Tenacious D winning makes Slipknot winning look like a brilliant choice.

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:01 am

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
People watch this?

25 million watched it.  

25 million shut-ins?

The Grammys are primarily geared toward fans of Top 40 pop music. Not the demographic that you or I or probably anyone on the board fits into.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 10:11 am

Sooo 25 million teen girls. Good for the Grammys. Even with AC/DC performing, I didn't bother watching. If I had known that they were performing at the beginning, I would have watched that and then flipped it off.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Are you f**king serious?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:24 pm

manny wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Are you f**king serious?

Yep.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/tenacious-d-metal-grammy/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:25 pm

Why does anyone even care what wins/doesn't win at this point? The Grammys giving out awards for metal bands would be like Better Homes & Gardens picking the Best Picture of the year. Utterly clueless, so why would anyone expect anything different?

Not sure why anyone here on this board would waste even a minute thinking about this.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
People watch this?

25 million watched it.  

25 million shut-ins?

It was snowing - big time - in Boston ! Snow-ins sunny
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:17 pm

S.D. wrote:
Why does anyone even care what wins/doesn't win at this point?  The Grammys giving out awards for metal bands would be like Better Homes & Gardens picking the Best Picture of the year.  Utterly clueless, so why would anyone expect anything different?  

Not sure why anyone here on this board would waste even a minute thinking about this.

I was just curious about who they picked for best metal album. I wasn't wasting a lot of time dwelling on it though. The Jethro Tull debacle totally removed any doubt about whether these awards had any credibility in judging hard rock and metal.

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:29 pm

If someone forced me to choose between Crest of A Knave and And Justice For All right now in 2015 I'd definitely choose the Tull album. Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Not to totally derail the thread but "Crest" was really a grower for me. I didn't think much of it for a long time but now I'd say it's my 5th favorite Tull album.

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:42 pm

It's the best album they released in the 1980s. I would rank it below everything they did in the 60s and 70s though.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:58 pm

I don't think anyone would confuse Jethro Tull with a heavy metal band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:01 pm

Apparently the Grammy committee did.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Apparently the Grammy committee did.

Indeed. I think it was a net positive for Metallica though. They always won Grammys when nominated after that fiasco.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:05 pm

That was when I completely stopped watching the Grammy Awards show. I was getting tired of the top 40 pop crap dominating the performances anyway but I used to hang in there for the hard rock, metal and alternative categories. After that year I gave up. I love Jethro Tull but in no way are they a heavy metal band.

PostSubject: Re: Grammy Awards Music Biz   Grammy Awards Music Biz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grammy Awards Music Biz
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next