Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantastic Four

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
MetallicSeminarian
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 9:48 pm

So the re-boot of the new FF trailer came out today. Not really too excited about it, for various reasons:

Back to top Go down

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 10:39 pm

I'm not going to make a judgement based on the trailer...because really, trailers are seldom a good indicator of what the film is actually like and this is just a teaser anyway. I've seen terrible movies with phenomenal trailers.

Ignoring the comics entirely (which I have to do, because I've never read any), here are a few reasons why I think this movie won't be quite as awful as many are predicting.

1. There is no way it could be worse than the previous attempt they made for this series.

2. The cast is better. Miles Teller and Kate Mara are both better actors than their counterparts from the last series. I also think Michael B. Jordan is quite a good actor, especially in Fruitvale Station from last year.

3. The director, while not very experienced did at least make a unique take on the genre with his film Chronicle. That film had some interesting visual ideas that I think he can more fully develop with the monster budget he most likely had to play with here.

Things that concern me: There are 4 credited writers (rarely a good sign), the production was reportedly problematic, the film was not produced by Marvel Studios. On the plus side...it has to be better than Man Of Steel...because "Hack" Snyder didn't direct it. Razz

The real question though...can the moviegoing audience get over the fact that one of the characters who was originally a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, All-American White Boy is now black? Hmmmm......

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 10:58 pm

S.D. wrote:

The real question though...can the moviegoing audience get over the fact that one of the characters who was originally a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, All-American White Boy is now black?  Hmmmm......

This is my biggest complaint so far Shawn because the movie itself could be well made. Johnny is Sue's brother, so either make them both black characters which would be fine by me if that's what they want, or just leave him be as an original white boy. I don't know how they're going to work around Sue and Johnny being brother and sister if they're going to stay to the original origins.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 11:15 pm

Meh. I'll pass. The FF may never have been a fave of mine, but even I can see that this bears little resemblance to the comic. Lame.

Also: there's no Jessica Alba in spandex. Pfffft. She was the main selling point of the other FF movies. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 12:05 am

GrandNational wrote:
S.D. wrote:

The real question though...can the moviegoing audience get over the fact that one of the characters who was originally a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, All-American White Boy is now black?  Hmmmm......

This is my biggest complaint so far Shawn because the movie itself could be well made. Johnny is Sue's brother, so either make them both black characters which would be fine by me if that's what they want, or just leave him be as an original white boy. I don't know how they're going to work around Sue and Johnny being brother and sister if they're going to stay to the original origins.

Most likely they will go with adopted brother and sister. I don't see it changing things all that much, still brother and sister if they grew up together.

Like I said though, I never read the comics and the only memories I have of these characters were 1970s cartoons prior to the previous film series. So staying true to origins isn't a big concern in my case.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39409

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 8:31 am

I'll probably catch this on rental. I've never been a big fan of the comics and the other 2 films were pretty bad,so I'm leery about this one. It's a damn shame that Marvel isn't producing,too. We'll just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:29 am

I'll probably rent it at some point.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:12 am

Haven't seen the other 2, so why break precedence and start here? Pass. I'll wait for the original Roger Corman Blu-ray release. Razz

Someday, my friends. Someday.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 4:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'll wait for the original Roger Corman Blu-ray release. Razz

If it hasn't happened by now, an "official" release of Corman's FF movie probably won't anytime soon. Which is a shame cuz I've seen it, and it's a total hoot!

[shameless self promotion]
...and I reviewed the Corman "FF" on my HubPage awhile ago, too!
Fantastic Four 6889702_f260
http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/hub/It-Came-From-the-Bargain-Bin-THE-FANTASTIC-FOUR-1994
[/shameless self promotion]

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 8:31 pm

Even though it's just a teaser trailer, I wanted to see more of Dr. Doom.

I'm more interested in the villains in these superhero movies than anything else usually.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 8:48 am

It's incredibly cheesy, but I've always liked the Michael Chiklis version. I suppose it helps that my girls like it and we've watched it a million times, but it's light-hearted and funny at times. I do with this what I do with all the other endless versions of the same character...compartmentalize. They stand alone and each will have their pros and cons.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 1:35 pm

pass.
Tired of re-boots.

I thought the two movies they had with Chiklis and Alba were great and wanted more.
Wish that version was integrated with other productions like X-Men,The Avengers, Hulk, Iron Man.
Back to top Go down

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 2:04 pm

mlotek wrote:

Wish that version was integrated with other productions like X-Men,The Avengers, Hulk, Iron Man.

Blame Marvel for selling off their movie rights piecemeal to a variety of studios.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39409

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 2:12 pm

S.D. wrote:
mlotek wrote:

Blame Marvel for selling off their movie rights piecemeal to a variety of studios.

A move they're regretting now.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 5:16 pm

007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
mlotek wrote:

A move they're regretting now.

absolutely. The other studios have trashed X-Men, FF and Spiderman.

Sponsored content

Fantastic Four Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fantastic Four   Fantastic Four Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fantastic Four
Page 1 of 1