Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What the heck is this Kiss video?

Go down 
+5
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
glassprison
Glower
mikeinfla
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

What the heck is this Kiss video? Empty
PostSubject: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2014 10:08 pm

Ace should NEVER have given his face paint mask allowance to that imposter !
Another Gene and Paul idea No
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 6:56 am

Yeah I know, but what the heck is the video? It's like Kiss meets Babymetal or something.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 9:25 am

If you look at the last page or two of the official KISS thread there is some information on this collaboration.

I have nothing against it; though it would be better if it was K-Pop.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 9:43 am

This is the first look at their upcoming single collaboration with Japanese "idol" girl group Momoiro Clover Z, who are supposedly the biggest thing since sliced bread in the Land of the Rising Sun right now. I believe the track will be included on a new Japan-only "hits" collection by KISS as well as MCZ's next album.

KISS will be doing a Japanese tour in early '15, and these gals will apparently be their opening act at some of the shows.

In other words... it's basically a big cross promotion for both bands in Japan. Meanwhile, everyone outside of Japan will look at it and go "What the f***?"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2014 9:45 am

Let these guys take on KISS ha ha !
0:55 he says " I live in Japan " ( song title )
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 6:40 pm

KISS' collaboration with "Momoiro Clover Z" has hit YouTube - check it out quick before Gene and Paul have it removed:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 1:58 am

Where there's money to be made, KISS will be there!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 8:57 am

Paul Stanley once said, in the late 80's -
that writing a song, for him,was like a microwave dinner - (F*** - hate that)
it's 3-4 minutes long - with a riff, a chorus, a solo, a chorus - etc -
The song " Samuri Son " prooves it too - what a bunch of cookie cutters !
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Ugh! Kiss continuing to destroy their legacy!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:07 pm

ultmetal wrote:
How on earth is this "destroying their legacy"?  That makes no sense at all surprised , they should be able to collaborate with whomever they want.

That's the silliest thing i've ever heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:22 pm

What legacy? That they are money-grubbing whores? That one seems airtight to me. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
What legacy?  That they are money-grubbing whores?  That one seems airtight to me.  Laughing very hard

Beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Quote :

Do you ever get tired of saying that?

Just wondering.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 3:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Do you ever get tired of saying that?

Just wondering.
I don't recall ever saying that on here before.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 5:17 pm

Glower wrote:
Paul Stanley once said, in the late 80's -
that writing a song, for him,was like a microwave dinner - (F*** - hate that)
it's 3-4 minutes long - with a riff, a chorus, a solo, a chorus - etc -
The song " Samuri Son " prooves it too - what a bunch of cookie cutters !

So I guess that means the songs he writes are hot on the edges and cold in the middle.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
How on earth is this "destroying their legacy"?  That makes no sense at all surprised , they should be able to collaborate with whomever they want.

Frankly I don't care enough to argue. It's just my opinion. I personally think it's terrible as I think BabyMetal are embarrassingly terrible.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 12:03 am

ultmetal wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Frankly I don't care enough to argue. It's just my opinion. I personally think it's terrible as I think BabyMetal are embarrassingly terrible.
Well I disagree on both counts and don't think either of them are "embarrassingly terrible" in the least(I would only use that term for bands like Creed) and i'm not arguing, it's fine if you don't like them, i'm simply baffled as to how doing this will "destroy" their legacy, that just doesn't make a lick of sense to me.  

There's no possible way this will destroy anything, most fans really couldn't care less if KISS does the odd collaboration here and there, the disastrous Music From the Elder did far more to destroy their legacy then this ever will.

Last edited by Vexer6 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 12:10 am

I don't see the problem. Gene has an opportunity to make some money, Gene really likes money.

How is that "destroying the legacy"? It's exactly what he has been doing for 40 years!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 12:16 am

Boris2008 wrote:
I don't see the problem. Gene has an opportunity to make some money, Gene really likes money.

How is that "destroying the legacy"? It's exactly what he has been doing for 40 years!
Yeah, and it's not like KISS hasn't done far more embarrassing stuff then this before(Music From the Elder anyone?)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

That is why i said, "continuing to destroy..."

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 11:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

That is why i said, "continuing to destroy..."
I think most KISS fans at this point have pretty much accepted that the band is going to do some oddball things here and there, and personally i'm OK with it as long as it's not a sequel to the Elder.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 1:36 am

I want another disco record! dancingthing
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I want another disco record! dancingthing

They recorded a disco record?

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 4:38 pm

I don't think it's possible for a band to "destroy their legacy". Most bands that get accused of that are well past their prime eras. I don't really like anything Kiss has done since Creatures Of The Night, don't own any albums past that point...but even that album was after their prime era. No matter how many crap albums they've released in the years since it doesn't make early stuff like "Alive!" any less classic. Their early legacy is 100% bulletproof.

Black Sabbath may have gone through so many lineup changes that it's impossible to keep track, but that still didn't "destroy their legacy", in fact they are more critically acclaimed now than they ever have been. Just because they released Forbidden doesn't mean Master Of Reality or Heaven And Hell are somehow "less worthy" because of it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the heck is this Kiss video?   What the heck is this Kiss video? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What the heck is this Kiss video?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: