Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy

Go down 
+3
Lari
mc666
corplhicks
7 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Didn't see this one coming.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/arch-enemy-parts-ways-with-nick-cordle-recruits-ex-nevermore-guitarist-jeff-loomis/
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Seen that earlier this afternoon. Can't wait for him to start writing & recording with them.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:30 am

Before I had my morning coffee, I misread the thread title as "Jeff Loomis energy drinks are the work of satan".

"Sounds interesting. Where can I buy one?". Too bad it was just my tired eyes mixing up separate topics.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 11:25 am

Not much of an Arch Enemy fan, but I'm glad to see Loomis back in action. Hope it works out for them.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 3:50 pm

WOW! That should be interesting.

Still don't know what happened with Loomis and Dane and why Nevermore called it quits.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 4:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Still don't know what happened with Loomis and Dane and why Nevermore called it quits.

The old chestnut "creative differences". Razz

If I'm not mistaken, Nevermore technically still exists. Loomis and drummer Williams left, but Dane said that Nevermore would continue at some point, he was just busy rebooting Sanctuary at the time. They never formally announced their end. Now, whether that still holds true or not in 2014 is anyone's guess.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 10:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

The old chestnut "creative differences".  Razz

If I'm not mistaken, Nevermore technically still exists. Loomis and drummer Williams left, but Dane said that Nevermore would continue at some point, he was just busy rebooting Sanctuary at the time. They never formally announced their end. Now, whether that still holds true or not in 2014 is anyone's guess.

Nevermore without Loomis? Hmmm, just not sure that would work. His guitar work was the foundation for that band.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:53 am

The only person that i think could replace Jeff Loomis would be Tommy from Coroner.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:29 pm

I wonder how long he will hang around for. He's good and all that, but seems to be a hired gun. Anyhow, however long it's going to be, I'm sure he will do a cracking job. I still want him to grow a moustache!
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Dr8breed74 wrote:
I wonder how long he will hang around for.  He's good and all that, but seems to be a hired gun.  Anyhow, however long it's going to be, I'm sure he will do a cracking job.  I still want him to grow a moustache!

Has he even been in a proper band situation since nevermore? Not sure how he's a "hired gun"...

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:29 pm

mc666 wrote:
Dr8breed74 wrote:
I wonder how long he will hang around for.  He's good and all that, but seems to be a hired gun.  Anyhow, however long it's going to be, I'm sure he will do a cracking job.  I still want him to grow a moustache!

Has he even been in a proper band situation since nevermore? Not sure how he's a "hired gun"...

I think DB74 is saying he seems more like a hired gun solely in Arch Enemy like it's merely a temp position. Which is what I'm wondering as well, how long this could continue.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 pm

Exactly, apologies for possibly being vague. Looking at the second guitar position within AE, it's a fairly constant motion of players recently. Wow, I just noticed that Angela Gossow was in the band for nearly 14 years, how time has flown!
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy   Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff Loomis replaces Nick Cordle in Arch Enemy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: