Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+17
scottmitchell74
iamrockerfun
exact33
corplhicks
manny
Boris2008
DallasBlack
DakotaRogers
James B.
Leatherface
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
nevermore
thejokeriv
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 5:32 am

The Orphanage
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 9:01 am

Agents of SHIELD
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 9:03 am

The Flash and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 10:09 am

Watched my team lose to the Cardinals again.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2014 7:26 pm

nevermore wrote:

It's truly amazing how you can't script the post-season. Based on regular season stats there's no way the Cardinals should be able to beat Kershaw twice in 4 games.

Now we have a repeat of the 2012 NLCS where the Cardinals had a 3-1 game lead on the Giants and ended up losing. I don't hate LA but I hate SF; going all the way back to the Jeffrey Leonard "one flap down" crap when he homered.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 4:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:

It's truly amazing how you can't script the post-season.  Based on regular season stats there's no way the Cardinals should be able to beat Kershaw twice in 4 games.

Now we have a repeat of the 2012 NLCS where the Cardinals had a 3-1 game lead on the Giants and ended up losing.  I don't hate LA but I hate SF; going all the way back to the Jeffrey Leonard "one flap down" crap when he homered.  

I despise SF. Going back to the first game of this series I couldn't believe Don Mattingly left Kershaw in to get shelled like he did. But what can be said? The Cards out managed, hit and pitched LA.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Twin Peaks - Season 2

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:37 pm

My Schlock-tober hasn't been very schlocky thus far. Hope to make up for that this weekend...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:

It's truly amazing how you can't script the post-season.  Based on regular season stats there's no way the Cardinals should be able to beat Kershaw twice in 4 games.

Now we have a repeat of the 2012 NLCS where the Cardinals had a 3-1 game lead on the Giants and ended up losing.  I don't hate LA but I hate SF; going all the way back to the Jeffrey Leonard "one flap down" crap when he homered.  

Throw out the regular season because Kershaw sucks in the postseason - 1-5 all time. So no surprise that your Cards beat him.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My Schlock-tober hasn't been very schlocky thus far. Hope to make up for that this weekend...

I feel a binge of Hammer Films is in order myself. Time to start pulling out the Peter Cushing Frankenstein films and the Christopher Lee Dracula films among others...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 5:32 pm

My annual Halloween ritual is to watch Halloween III and Nightmare Before Christmas.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 2:16 am

I watched one of the most juvenile, gross-out, corny, bad on purpose, waste of two hour movies. I won't even mention the name as to not further the embarrassment of having even watched it in the first place. I laughed but only in the, "Why the hell am I watching this crap?!!!", kind of way. I knew it was going to be bad going into it but I was in the mood for a corny horror flick. To my chagrin, it exceeded my expectations far beyond what I thought it would. Hopefully, my brain will remain in tact and not walk away in protest while I'm sleeping.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:28 am

^^ Awwww c'mon, DB...you're not even gonna give us a hint? That description is like catnip to me! Very Happy

Anywhoo, this morning I got back on my Schlock-Tober bandwagon with:

"Arctic Predator" (2010) Former Superman Dean Cain stars in an entertainingly silly SyFy ripoff of "The Thing." A group of Polar explorers uncover a 19th century shipwreck frozen beneath the ice, which turns out to have a lethal otherworldly lifeform aboard. Hilarity, naturally, ensues.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39182

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:57 am

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I feel a binge of Hammer Films is in order myself.  Time to start pulling out the Peter Cushing Frankenstein films and the Christopher Lee Dracula films among others...

Good call on those !

Last night I watched The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976)- a "slasher" type film made ahead of it's time (the 80s heyday for such films). Tame by today's standards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 12:31 pm

007 wrote:

Last night I watched The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976)- a "slasher" type film made ahead of it's time (the 80s heyday for such films). Tame by today's standards.

There is a remake coming out Oct. 16th, from the director of 12 episodes of American Horror Story, so I'm sure he will gory it up quite a bit.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:14 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Alone%20in%20the%20dark%202005%20poster2

In case you had to ask, my local library had it, and it was free.

I know this is amongst the most hated movies of the 21st century. I thought it sucked, but there are many movies I can think of that were worse. Some people have called the movie "so bad it's good" and "unintentionally hilarious". Alone in the Dark is by no means "so bad it's good" or "so bad it's funny". It is just bad.

The movie just seemed to have a plot which lacked fluidity, and elements borrowed from other, far superior movies that just didn't gel all that well. The Indiana Jones series was something you could see a lot of taken from, as well as the Resident Evil movie and video game series (I'm aware this is based on a video game series as well, albeit VERY loosely). Also, elements of Aliens are in there too.

Overall, the movie is just a bad film all around. Any good points? After all, they say that if you don't have anything nice to say, then shut up. OK - the poster is pretty cool. There - I said something nice about this movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
^^ Awwww c'mon, DB...you're not even gonna give us a hint? That description is like catnip to me! Very Happy

All I'm going to say is that it's a horror anthology whose first story involves a giant killer sperm. I knew from the beginning it was going to be bad but I have a bad habit of finishing a movie no matter what unless someone stops me and there was nobody there to do so. My mom is out of town and I would have never watched it had she been here.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Based on DB's description I did a search. I'm guessing it's this:

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/review?name=chillerama-2011-review

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 7:42 pm

I can neither confirm or deny that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Yeah, like there's a ton of movie anthologies out there that feature a story about a giant sperm. Laughing very hard

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Haha, "Chillerama" has been on my Netflix list for months now but I have yet to pull the trigger on it. It looks like the kind of stupid that would require me to get severely malt-liquored up prior to viewing...

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:29 pm

I want to see it now just to see how bad it is.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:30 pm

Masterpiece Theater: Sherlock
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:33 pm

^^ Haha, I kinda want to watch "Chillerama" now too...but I'll have to wait til the next time my wife is working a night shift cuz there is NO way she's gonna sit thru that movie with me. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 6 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next