Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)

Go down 
+6
nevermore
MetalGuy71
mc666
Boris2008
Thrasher73
Witchfinder
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Empty
PostSubject: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:22 pm

new Orange Goblin on the way in October!

Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) 10606007_752250678172181_4265173490732224245_n

First tune "The Devil's Whip" available to stream here:

http://loudwire.com/orange-goblin-the-devils-whip-song-premiere/

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 5:22 pm

S.D. wrote:
new Orange Goblin on the way in October!  

Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) 10606007_752250678172181_4265173490732224245_n

First tune "The Devil's Whip" available to stream here:  

http://loudwire.com/orange-goblin-the-devils-whip-song-premiere/

Yay!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 1:13 am

Always ready for some new Orange Goblin!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 6:51 am

Hope Lemmy's getting a cheque for this!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 8:34 pm

This is one I'm excited for, as well as the new Death Penalty (with former members of Cathedral & Serpentcult) coming in Sept.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:08 pm

mc666 wrote:
This is one I'm excited for, as well as the new Death Penalty (with former members of Cathedral & Serpentcult) coming in Sept.

Death Penalty sound really good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Hope Lemmy's getting a cheque for this!  lol! 

Orange Goblin has been doing direct homages to various bands for years, they have always worn their influences on their sleeves. I would bet this is the only overtly-Motorhead sounding song on the album. Kind of like the track Cities of Frost from Healing Through Fire which is a Celtic Frost tribute and is unlike anything else on the record.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 9:38 am

Very cool news. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago the last one came out, but I ain't complaining. Any Orange Goblin is good Orange Goblin.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:13 am

headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Very cool news. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago the last one came out, but I ain't complaining. Any Orange Goblin is good Orange Goblin.

Yep, but we have gotten use to the 3,4,5,6 year waits between albums - we forget back in the day we got a new album every year (sometimes two in the 70's!)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Quote :
(sometimes two in the 70's!)

Cocaine's a helluva drug.  Razz

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:20 pm

rock on! I really enjoyed Eulogy.

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 3:11 am

Music video for the new track "Sabbath Hex". Really like this tune.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2014 11:24 am

S.D. wrote:
Music video for the new track "Sabbath Hex".  Really like this tune.

Nice! Great video as well.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Music video for the new track "Sabbath Hex".  Really like this tune.

Nice!  Great video as well.

yep. This is on the list!

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 am

Yup, I like that, not groundbreaking, but solid, decent stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Available for pre-order, Amazon has the CD for $10.

I listened to about half the record on a stream, it's really good, possibly better than Eulogy but I'll have to hear the whole thing before making that determination.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
Available for pre-order, Amazon has the CD for $10.  

I listened to about half the record on a stream, it's really good, possibly better than Eulogy but I'll have to hear the whole thing before making that determination.

Cool. I am really looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 5:17 pm

My copy arrived today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 9:39 pm

This album is a monster. It kind of encapsulates their entire career, some songs harken back to the looser jamming of Frequencies From Planet Ten and Time Traveling Blues. The songwriting shows some more complexity as well, they touch on a lot of different sounds, but the whole thing is vintage Orange Goblin. I think this is the best record they've done since their first 3.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2014 9:16 am

I need to order this...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 11:53 am

This is a great album and one of my favorites of the year. I completely agree with SD's assessment.
Back to top Go down
Dr8breed74
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Dr8breed74

Number of posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 5:27 pm

My copy turned up last Friday. Only got around to playing before I went to work this morning. It's excellent. Mine is on a two disc set and really does sound fantastic. It looks as if a lot of UK distributes are stocking this for £17 and a few pound extra for P+P. So far, track three is absolutely pounding my head into the ground - so fast!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://krullrecords.bigcartel.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:54 am

this is very good. This band is getting better and better with each release.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 12:36 pm

Great album. I need it headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)   Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange Goblin - Back From The Abyss (Oct 7th)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next