Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Purple in Vegas

Go down 
+3
Lovecraft
mikeinfla
Lurideath
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Deep Purple in Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Not sure if anyone is coming out this weekend (Or sooner) to Vegas. Deep Purple are playing live as a FREE show on Fremont St. this Friday. I have never seen them, so I am definitely going!!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:07 pm

I'm in Vegas now and saw a billboard for this. Would love to go but leaving to stove back to Florida Friday morning. In town for the Steelworkers conference. So many good shows in this city!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Well Mike, you just happened to be here at the right time. Normally this place doesn't get really good stuff. It seems to be changing lately over the past year, but still we need MORE good shows here.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:33 pm

I just saw them at the Ventura County Fair a couple weeks ago, they were phenomenal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Saw DP not too long ago and they still sound great! They performed the entire Machine Head album from start to finish.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:43 pm

I thought their singer was no longer capable of performing well live.

glad to read they still soung great.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:27 pm

I wish Deep Purple would play in NC again.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:40 pm

Ian Gillan had vocal surgery in the late 80s, brought on by all his over the top antics in the 70s and 80s. He can't do the insane screams any longer, but he still has a phenomenal voice, the pyrotechnics aren't really necessary anyway.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 12:24 pm

Gillan sounds pretty good for his age regardless.

Glenn Hughes is the one who surprises me. I don't know who he sold his soul to, but I want a copy of the contract. Considering his drug abuse, that he sounds the SAME as he did in the 70s is mind blowing...
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:28 pm

joe lynn turner has always been my favourite DP singer.

what a singer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple in Vegas   Deep Purple in Vegas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deep Purple in Vegas
Page 1 of 1