Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RIP Robin Williams

Go down 
+21
SideShowDisaSter
Runicen
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Lovecraft
Witchfinder
TheGooch
thejokeriv
manny
stepcousin
Boris2008
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Required Fields
corplhicks
DallasBlack
mc666
Lari
exact33
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 7:03 pm

RIP.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/robin-williams-found-dead-in-possible-suicide-1201280386/

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Awww, that sucks. R.I.P. Funny man.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 7:18 pm

Yeah, his impromptu standup where he had audiences challenge him to be "funny" about random stuff is some of the funniest standup I've ever seen.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 7:27 pm

RIP

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:00 pm

Terrible news. I don't know about his personal life, but on-screen he always seemed so full of life.

He did have a long career and will leave behind a large filmography for the world to enjoy. Thank you, Robin.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:12 pm

I thought at first this was some kind of a joke. Shocking and sad news.

R.I.P. 
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:15 pm

007 wrote:
I thought at first this was some kind of a joke. Shocking and sad news.

R.I.P. 

I wish it was.

I'm not a big fan of stand-up comedy (except for Jeff Dunham).  But some of the HBO specials I remember featuring Robin Williams were some of the most hilarious routines I've ever seen.

In other words, I don't generally laugh at what other people seem to think is funny.  Slapstick?  Forget it. I like a much more "witty" sense of humor. Hence my love for Monty Python. But this guy had IT for me.  I thought he was funny as hell.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:34 pm

I best remember him from Good Morning, Vietnam! and Awakenings
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:36 pm

He was GREAT in Awakenings. He was also great in The Fisher King.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 9:27 pm

This is like a punch in the stomach for me. He has been a favorite of mine since I was a child. Depression is a scary thing man.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Great comedian and improv performer! Sad news indeed. I remember when I was a kid, I just loved Mork & Mindy. I even called my pacifier my nanoo.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 10:46 pm

This actually hit me harder than I ever would expect. RIP.
Back to top Go down

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 pm

Terrible news.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 11:28 pm

R.I.P. Robin Williams.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:45 am

Very sad. I can't believe it was suicide... it's shocking! He always appeared to be full of life and happy. They say a lot of comedians suffer with depression. I also didn't know he was a drinker. Depression and alcohol are a bad combination.

R.I.P. 
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 1:15 am

Very sad indeed.He was great at standup and in movies.R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 2:16 am

This has hit me pretty hard! Sad

Robin was both an amazingly talented performer and a personal role model with regards to addiction and recovery, he was clean for more than 20 years and it's scary and depressing that he fell back into it all again after all of that time.

The weird thing is that when I was at uni, there were always two videos that went on after we came back from a night out, Robin Williams Live and Bottom Live. The fact that Rik & Robin have both left us far too early and within weeks of each other is tragic.

He will always be Mork to me though, I absolutely loved that show.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:18 am

yeah, I havent stopped thinking about him all day. His filmography catalog is amazing. One of my favorite actors of all time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:50 am

This hit me very hard considering I did not know the man, but his movies could at turns make you laugh, think and could be tragic at the same time. An incredible talent and an almost immeasurable loss
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:14 am

RIP... suicide sucks!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:46 am

thejokeriv wrote:
RIP... suicide sucks!!!!!

Yes it does, it brought so many issues in my own personal life, his death I would have found upsetting anyway, but more so because of the manner of his death.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 10:52 am

What a waste. RIP
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 11:26 am

I was saddened to hear this. In addition to his film/comedy work, he was a tireless performer on the U.S.O. circuit to entertain members of U.S. Military.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:15 pm

R.I.P.

I was lucky enough to catch him doing standup before he became a huge international star, one of the most amazing comedic improvisors I've ever witnessed. My favorite film of his was The World According To Garp.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:55 pm

I only hope this finally brings about some serious empathy for mental disease and addiction. Especially within governing bodies that want to throw us away like so much trash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Robin Williams Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Robin Williams   RIP Robin Williams Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Robin Williams
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: