Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?

Go down 
+7
mlotek
corplhicks
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
Headbanger Man
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

Number of posts : 145

what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Empty
PostSubject: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 11:54 am

I don´t like this "girl band" but I was checking some of their lyrics , then I stumbled with these lines:

"The top is high , so your roots are forgotten ..." WTF ???

( read more below the video )

My question is actually "who do they think they are" ... IMO these girls are neither beautiful not really talented , I´d only give them some credit for being somewhat "hot" that´s it. I basically hate pop music in general, with few exceptions.

We call this type of girl in my country as "patricinha" (a.k.a. "patty" ) they think they can sell their shit on -EBay or Amazon and people will actually pay a lot for it ...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 12:51 pm

If you're looking for a "message" in Spice Girls lyrics... it might be a sign that you need to get out of the house a little more often.

Just sayin'.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:06 pm

It means that they really really really wanna zigazig ahh. It;s pretty obvious when you think about it.  Wink 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:37 pm

Paul Gilbert is a wizard. He can make a Spice Girls song listenable!!  affraid  Shocked  affraid 

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:59 pm

How about this for making a pop song listenable? Lady Gaga anyone?

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:13 pm

None can escape the elusive ze-mau!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Pop songs are already listenable, that's why they are pop. Both of the covers on here are dull as dishwater.

But these aren't

Great pop is great!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Headbanger Man wrote:
I don´t like this "girl band" but I was checking some of their lyrics , then I stumbled with these lines:

"The top is high , so your roots are forgotten ..." WTF ???

This is like when people quote the Bible, but leave out the verse before or after, and fail to understand the meaning of it.

The race is on to get out of the bottom,
The top is so high so your roots are forgotten,

What I get out of the lyrics, is people getting rich, or famous, or with a clique, the "in-crowd", etc, and forgetting / not acknowledging their past history, past friends, family, etc
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:46 am

Quote :
What I get out of the lyrics, is people getting rich, or famous, or with a clique, the "in-crowd", etc, and forgetting / not acknowledging their past history, past friends, family, etc

Yeah , but that´s exactly what I think from the song. They are actually "proud" of "forgetting their roots" , "some kind of superstar" , that´s "vanity" ... at some point you start to think you´re "some kind of god" ... and some people go even further ...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:59 am

Yes, the Spice Girls think that they are more than Gods.

A very perceptive and not at all crazy observation from you Ze Mau (hides sharp objects and backs away.....)
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:50 pm

It's subliminal.....

Will make you wanna go on Adkins Diet, hate fishes, get wood over Stefani, and answer your own posts.

buyer/listener beware

Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:16 pm

This "rock" version of Paparazzi sounds MUCH better than the original.

"Bad" Romance is for me a mediocre song. Viva Forever is the only memorable song by "Spice Whores" IMO.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Yes, the Spice Girls think that they are more than Gods.

A very perceptive and not at all crazy observation from you Ze Mau (hides sharp objects and backs away.....)

James B. wrote:
It's subliminal.....

Will make you wanna go on Adkins Diet, hate fishes, get wood over Stefani, and answer your own posts.

buyer/listener beware

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:46 pm

James B. wrote:
It's subliminal.....

buyer/listener beware

Headbanger Man wrote:
This "rock" version of Paparazzi sounds MUCH better than the original.

"Bad" Romance is for me a mediocre song. Viva Forever is the only memorable song by "Spice Whores" IMO.

what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? H6DA55DFB
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:03 pm

"Nothing goes over my head!  My reflexes are too fast!  I will seize it!" - Drax the Destroyer

what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Guardians-of-the-galaxy-david-bautista-drax-star-lord-rocket-groot-more-guardians-of-the-galaxy-character-review
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Lovecraft wrote:
"Nothing goes over my head!  My reflexes are too fast!  I will seize it!" - Drax the Destroyer

what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Guardians-of-the-galaxy-david-bautista-drax-star-lord-rocket-groot-more-guardians-of-the-galaxy-character-review

Razz 
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:23 pm

Lovecraft wrote:

Is this man preparing for battle or shitting himself?

Same thing, I guess...
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:40 pm

James B. wrote:
It's subliminal.....

buyer/listener beware

I don´t hate "fish" , I just hate hypocrisy ... I think you could answer this question to me ( my intent in NOT offending anyone , let me clarify that ) , but how do you "evangelicals" deal with GUILT when people say that appreciation of art is "sinful" ? I´d like to have someone like Scott or Kmorg , or any other evangelical answering this to me: don´t you feel any "guilt" when you´re listening to the music you like and its ... "not evangelical" ? no guilt at all ? how do you do this ?

I have already seen "evangelicals" telling others that they will "lose their salvation" because they like "secular music" ... there´s a gospel singer that said that its "SHAMEFUL" for a "evangelical" (Christian) to listen to "secular music" , there are evangelicals that call "secular music listeners" "lukewarm people" no matter how faithful to god , Christ-Like , loving , kind they are ... I have already seen "evangelicals" saying that "secular music" is a sin like BETRAYING CHRIST , like JUDAS did ...

TELL ME , TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ME , DO YOU THINK IS IT "FAIR" TO DO SUCH TO A "FELLOW BROTHER" ? THIS IS DISGUSTING , THIS IS "SHAMEFUL" , THIS IS HORRIBLE , THIS HURTS ( sorry I´m typing this and I´m Crying right now )

How do you deal with the guilt ?

Thanks for your attention.
Back to top Go down
Headbanger Man
Metal student
Metal student
Headbanger Man

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:51 pm

I don´t hate evangelicals, I just don´t like how judgemental and insensitive some are ... it hurts a lot when you are "evangelical" and you´re judged as "lukewarm" , "sinful" , "Judas-like" , "shameful" "hell-bound" ONLY BECAUSE YOU LISTEN TO "secular" music.

The word "secular" became a trauma to me , triggers me really unexpected and strong reactions , you know, you can laugh about it watching the video I´ll post below , but still hurts me to this day , well I´m no longer "evangelical" but it still triggers reactions

like the word "dude" on the video below:

(Thanks for you attention)

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:31 pm

OK, I think we're about done here. Buh-bye Hamburger Man.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?   what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do you think is the possible message on the lyrics of this song ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: