Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unisonic - Light of Dawn

Go down 
+3
Spiner202
Eyesore
Lari
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Unisonic - Light of Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 8:46 pm

New album coming out next week.

Unisonic - Light of Dawn 599px-Light_of_Dawn

http://www.unisonic.org/

I loved their first album. This one was an automatic purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Yeah, really looking forward to this one. And that is a most ridiculous cover. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 7:42 am

The album was hugely disappointing to me. There are 3 great songs, and the rest is pretty boring. You can see a review in my signature, but basically there was too much hard rock and not enough metal, and the hard rock was much worse than it was on the debut (which I enjoyed a lot).
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Is anyone else bothered by that cover looking like an H.R. Giger-designed sex toy?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Runicen wrote:
Is anyone else bothered by that cover looking like an H.R. Giger-designed sex toy?

Meets Jules Verne.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 am

20,000 Leagues Under the... You know what? I'm dropping that joke before it goes somewhere we're all going to regret.  No 
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:57 pm

This is a really good album. And Michael Kiske shines on this one, he's the star.

Band sounds good, songs are enjoyable and this time it's less like a Pink Cream 69 record, the band actually has their own identity.

The highlights maybe aren't that "exceptional" this time around, but there's a lot of deep cuts I really like. Including the bonus track. And even ballads! And I'm usually not a ballad type of guy. I'm sure a lot of it harkens back to my love of the Keepers era Helloween ballads, which I always loved for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
The album was hugely disappointing to me. There are 3 great songs, and the rest is pretty boring. You can see a review in my signature, but basically there was too much hard rock and not enough metal, and the hard rock was much worse than it was on the debut (which I enjoyed a lot).

Could not disagree more. The debut is a great album, but I think Light of Dawn is much better. Sure, it's got some hard rock sensibilities, mainly in the big choruses, but it's most definitely a metal album. And an excellent one at that.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 2:44 pm

great album indeed. one of the best albums for 2014.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 12:21 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

Could not disagree more. The debut is a great album, but I think Light of Dawn is much better. Sure, it's got some hard rock sensibilities, mainly in the big choruses, but it's most definitely a metal album. And an excellent one at that.

yep. I think it is really memorable too.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 12:44 am

Was rearranging my collection earlier this morning when i saw Unisonic's 2 cds in the back row. Man, it's been years.

Definitely pulling them out for a fresh spin next week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unisonic - Light of Dawn   Unisonic - Light of Dawn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unisonic - Light of Dawn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: