Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Cup

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
exact33
ze_mau
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Well , in spite of being brasilian, I have never really cared about soccer ( the REAL football ) at all , but the victory of Germany over Brasil in our own country by 7 goals to one was really humiliating to us. what do you have to say about that ?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 pm

I was rather amused actually.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 7:41 pm

exact33 wrote:

Laughing very hard   Me too.  Brazil has more important things to worry about than the World Cup and yet they spent multiple truckloads of money to get everything ready for this event.  Serves them right; I agree with the people who protested.

The King
exact33

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 7:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Laughing very hard   Me too.  Brazil has more important things to worry about than the World Cup and yet they spent multiple truckloads of money to get everything ready for this event.  Serves them right; I agree with the people who protested.

funny thing is i went into a meeting and brazil was down 1-0 and came out 15 minutes later than they were down 5-0. The guys at work were enjoying every moment of the beatdown.

MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 2:50 am

Germany played well, and Brazil seems to have forgotten to have played at all. It was only lucky that Germans scored only 7 goals, and not more.

I also agree with what Toho said, a game is just a game and nothing more..........
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Brazil ? uh oh I heard about that jungle located in South America, oh yeah its there.

King, I see hints of sadism in your post but I get your point.

its like "break their pride , denigrate them". F*ck Brasil I am a citzen of the world. many people here complain about US , I LOVE US because many of my favorite bands come from there. that´s it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:24 pm

ze_mau wrote:
Brazil ? uh oh I heard about that jungle located in South America, oh yeah its there.

King, I see hints of sadism in your post but I get your point.

its like "break their pride , denigrate them". F*ck Brasil I am a citzen of the world. many people here complain about US , I LOVE US because many of my favorite bands come from there. that´s it.

Brazil is akin to the Yankees. I love seeing them both fail.

ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Where are actually you from ? (sorry for that question)
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:25 pm

The thing is Brazil still has a lot of tradition in soccer , but ... this 7X1 will be remebered forever. and we couldn´t even assure the 3rd place on the cup. and the Cup was happening HERE. but I have never ever really cared about soccer ( unless when I was like 18 ) my thing is MUSIC ( which is art and not a sin ) Music , yeah !!!
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:29 pm

You know, You "liked to see them both fail" but Burger King is from US. but US has absolutely NO tradition on Soccer , I mean, I was having a hard time deciphering what did you actually mean with "both". sorry USA but you´re NOTHING on the world of soccer. even I that don´t give a #### about football know this to be true.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 6:00 pm

By 'Yankees', he meant the NYC baseball team. Not the US soccer team  lol!
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Lari wrote:

I think he said "Yankees" as synonymous to "Americans" I´m not pretty sure ...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:16 pm

ze_mau wrote:
Lari wrote:

I think he said "Yankees" as synonymous to "Americans" I´m not pretty sure ...

I can guarantee you he was referring to the New York Yankees Major League Baseball team; not a generic term for "Americans".  Many people here in the US hate the New York Yankees baseball team; many others love them (though I'll never understand why).

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:28 pm

Well this 7X1 was sad , most people here where revolted. but I don´t care about it. more power to German bands , there are many great bands there. even Brasilian bands from the 80´s where mainly influenced by German bands , Sepultura , Sarcofago , Witchhammer , are all influenced by the Teutonic Black Thrash Metal stuff from the 80´s.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:29 pm

BTW, maybe it's an American thing but I will never understand how much emotion people in the world vest in soccer.

Setting aside the fact that I think it's the most boring sport on the planet, the only people who cry in sports I love are the players and I understand that.  What I don't get is all the pictures of the fans of losers in the World Cup crying their eyes out. 

When my favorite baseball, NFL or college basketball teams lose an important game I say a few curse words and move on.  But for some reason in the World Cup, when you're a fan of a team that loses it's a reason to totally lose it and fall apart.  I don't get it.

Admittedly there are some cities here in the US where fans riot when their teams lose (or win for that matter) but I've never seen so many people crying in the stands as I did when I watched a few seconds of World Cup play.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:34 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, maybe it's an American thing but I will never understand how much emotion people in the world vest in soccer.

Setting aside the fact that I think it's the most boring sport on the planet, the only people who cry in sports I love are the players and I understand that. 

I agree with this. I didn't watch one second of any world cup game (american or otherwise) and will never invest anytime time to it.I think I'd rather watch the American Kennel Club show or the WNBA (ok I won't lower my standards that far) than soccer.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:36 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Setting aside the fact that I think it's the most boring sport on the planet, the only people who cry in sports I love are the players and I understand that. 

I agree with this. I didn't watch one second of any world cup game (american or otherwise) and will never invest anytime time to it.I think I'd rather watch the American Kennel Club show or the WNBA (ok I won't lower my standards that far) than soccer.

Yeah, I guess that's why I find all the emotion pouring out of fans of teams who lose all the more puzzling.

I mean, my Cardinals lost the World Series last year after having a lead in the series and I didn't cry a single tear.  I swore up a storm and then moved on.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:37 pm

This is called passion. people like us have passion for music. there are many people here in Brasil who are extremely passionate about football. This 7X1 has oput our self steam as "leaders of world´s football" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy down. As I stated before, I don´t care that much about football , but I followed up the 2002 CUP all the way and was pretty happy with our 2 X 0 over Germany and with the fact that we where the Champions. but now they had their "revenge"
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yeah, I guess that's why I find all the emotion pouring out of fans of teams who lose all the more puzzling.

I mean, my Cardinals lost the World Series last year after having a lead in the series and I didn't cry a single tear.  I swore up a storm and then moved on.

I acted the same way a few years back when the Steelers (the one team/sport I am passionate about) lost the Super Bowl to the Packers . They lost, I was pissed the rest of the night but blew it off the next day and moved on. I was a little more upset when O'Donnell threw away Super Bowl XXX to the Cowboys but that's because  well, it's the Cowboys: the Yankees of the NFL.  Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Quote :
This is called passion. people like us have passion for music. there are many people here in Brasil who are extremely passionate about football. This 7X1 has oput our self steam as "leaders of world´s football" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy down. As I stated before, I don´t care that much about football , but I followed up the 2002 CUP all the way and was pretty happy with our 2 X 0 over Germany and with the fact that we where the Champions. but now they had their "revenge"

I think it might be more than just passion.  Why invest so much emotion in a sport? 

But anything I'd say about my theory would most likely be misinterpreted so I'll let it go at this point.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 7:55 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

I think it might be more than just passion.  Why invest so much emotion in a sport? 

But anything I'd say about my theory would most likely be misinterpreted so I'll let it go at this point.

Well maybe because Football is one of the few things Brazil could be really proud of I think. I dunno, maybe my theory is wrong. I think Brasilian Metal has a lot of good things , good bands , and not so much is to be found in the rest of Latin America , between football and Metal I´ll stay with Metal anyday. Metal promotes union ( amongst headbangers ) all over the world , football sometimes generates some rivalries that I don´t know if I can say I like.

But one could ask "why invest so much emotion and time and money in such so noisy music". It´s all about passion.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:11 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I acted the same way a few years back when the Steelers (the one team/sport I am passionate about) lost the Super Bowl to the Packers . They lost, I was pissed the rest of the night but blew it off the next day and moved on. I was a little more upset when O'Donnell threw away Super Bowl XXX to the Cowboys but that's because  well, it's the Cowboys: the Yankees of the NFL.  Razz

Hey watch it - Super Bowl XXX was sweet, VERY VERY sweet! Forever easing the memories of the 70's SB losses
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Hey watch it - Super Bowl XXX was sweet, VERY VERY sweet! Forever easing the memories of the 70's SB losses

Yeah,yeah,yeah.... lol!  It was an exciting game though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:28 pm

007 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Yeah,yeah,yeah.... lol!   It was an exciting game though.

Most of us Cowboys fan would love another Super Bowl win against the steelers... Heck, we just want a Super Bowl at this point!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 8:33 pm

ze_mau wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

Well maybe because Football is one of the few things Brazil could be really proud of I think.

There ya go.

World Cup Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Cup   World Cup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Cup
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next