Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Irish Folk

Go down 
+5
Boris2008
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Mglaffas81
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:04 pm

Anyone enjoy this as much as I do? I love it!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:17 pm

Irish folk? Yea, they're good people. I think they get a bad rap now and then, but I've come to tolerate their antics. I've even married one. Technically, she's only half-Irish, but I don't hold that against her. Every so often, she has some Italian in her too, nod-nod, wink-wink, know-what-I-mean.

I had plans to travel to Ireland, but then my wife got pregnant and we had to cancel. One of these days, I'll get over to the ol' Emerald Isle and throw back a few pints at the pub with Paddy, Seamus and Doyle. We'll tell stories and share dirty limericks over some potatoes and boiled sheep brains.

I think Irish folk are a fine people and we should all take this opportunity to hug the first Irishman you see. They'll thank you for it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:26 pm

^^^ Laughing very hard MG71 wins Post of the Day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 2:43 pm

Oh, my bad. I got my wires crossed there. That music is terrible.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Haha, very funny MetalGuy

It's GOOD!  Irish Folk  19976 
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 3:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Laughing very hard 

Yep!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 4:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Irish folk? Yea, they're good people. I think they get a bad rap now and then,

Bad rap? We have great rap!!

I love Irish music btw, grew up with it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 4:54 pm

Don't mind me. Must be the ol' malaria flaring up again.  insane 

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 6:39 pm

In answer to the original post, I LOVE Irish/Celtic music.  I actually like the samples posted but I prefer it when there's a little more rock mixed in.

Like this:

Or even better this"

But it doesn't really matter to me; I'm a sucker for all Irish music.  I even have CDs by Wicked Tinkers which is basically nothing but bagpipes and Irish drums.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 6:13 am

I don't know - while there are plenty of genres I could see spiced up with rock/metal, celtic music is the one exception - it kind of makes it a gimmick to me
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 8:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I'll second this.  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 6:46 am

What is Flogging Molly considered? It sure is a lot different than what Dave did with Fastway! A buddy at work was talking about seeing Flogging Molly in concert and I told him Dave King used to be in Fastway. he couldn't believe it.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 12:38 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
What is Flogging Molly considered?

Awesome!!! That's what  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:00 pm

I'll pass totally on the later irish punk bands. Give me a solid dose of the Pogues. After you've listened to a really drunk, toothless Irishman offer up poetry over bawdy music, everyone else sounds like a poser.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:12 pm

Runicen wrote:
I'll pass totally on the later irish punk bands.  Give me a solid dose of the Pogues.  After you've listened to a really drunk, toothless Irishman offer up poetry over bawdy music, everyone else sounds like a poser.

At least Dave is an actual Irishman, Shane's kinda Irish like me.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:25 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Runicen wrote:
I'll pass totally on the later irish punk bands.  Give me a solid dose of the Pogues.  After you've listened to a really drunk, toothless Irishman offer up poetry over bawdy music, everyone else sounds like a poser.

I'm pretty sure Shane's gotten the "honorary" distinction if nothing else. God knows he's lived the life of about a shipyard's worth of Irishmen.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Runicen wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Runicen wrote:

I'm pretty sure Shane's gotten the "honorary" distinction if nothing else.  God knows he's lived the life of about a shipyard's worth of Irishmen.   Laughing 

Being permanently drunk doesn't automatically make you Irish!

It could just as easily mean that you are Scottish  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 9:32 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Being permanently drunk doesn't automatically make you Irish!

It could just as easily mean that you are Scottish  lol! 

Irish Folk  Duck-Sauce-Charlie-Sheen-Spinstyles-Bi-Winning-Edit
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:11 am

Glad this thread was made, reminded me to find again IRA folk songs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Irish Folk  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Irish Folk    Irish Folk  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Irish Folk
Page 1 of 1