Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TV Show clichés

Go down 
+9
martinsane
Lari
jstate
Hadley
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Mglaffas81
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 7:01 pm

I've always wondered why a person engaging in conversation with another person at a bar, never seems to take more than one sip of his/her drink - why don't they ever FINISH their drink!?

What else have you guys noticed?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 8:05 pm

What about the never ending gun chamber? That one is a classic!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 8:55 pm

One I've always noticed is whenever a TV show does a Christmas episode, it always -- always!! -- is snowing on Christmas eve.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Fat schlub / hot wife.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:21 pm

Guy bursts into door, audience laughs
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 10:24 pm

Husband forgets anniversary. Another classic!
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 988

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 9:00 am

It's not just about cliches (in fact, the homepage even says that theyre not there to categorize cliches), but the site www.tvtropes.org talks about this stuff quite a lot (no, im not spamming, i just happen to enjoy this site).
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 3:21 pm

My favorite was always the two dates at the same time. That one never got old with me. Three's Company didn't mine that situation ENOUGH.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:24 pm

jstate wrote:
My favorite was always the two dates at the same time.  That one never got old with me.  Three's Company didn't mine that situation ENOUGH.

Just saw, last night, a Frasier episode about that very same thing.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6305

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

I've always wondered why a person engaging in conversation with another person at a bar, never seems to take more than one sip of his/her drink - why don't they ever FINISH their drink!?

It's not particularly enticing TV to see a person drink their whole glass. What if it takes 20 minutes? You also don't see people sleeping without anything happening.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 4:45 pm

Lari wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

It's not particularly enticing TV to see a person drink their whole glass. What if it takes 20 minutes? You also don't see people sleeping without anything happening.

No one ever goes to the restroom either...
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 5:43 pm

No one ever says "goodbye" when they hang up the phone - this is true in movies and on TV.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:06 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
No one ever says "goodbye" when they hang up the phone - this is true in movies and on TV.  

Yes! I notice this all the time and it bothers me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 6:38 pm

when car overturns it blows up.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

...and (at least in the pre-cellphone, pre-voicemail era), whenever a TV character called someone on the phone, the other person always picked up on the first ring. The caller never got a busy signal or a wrong #. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2014 12:07 am

Everyone seems to take their coffee black.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 2:39 am

One that has always bugged me in tv as well as movies is people ordering food in a restaurant and rushing out without eating a bite.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 4:51 pm

Car scenes are almost always POV from the windshield facing driver and passenger, never a passenger or backseat view.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TV Show clichés Empty
PostSubject: Re: TV Show clichés   TV Show clichés Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TV Show clichés
Page 1 of 1