Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+24
Dave the Boss
James B.
mlotek
Mglaffas81
chewie
Boris2008
springozzy
Orion Crystal Ice
Lovecraft
iamrockerfun
nevermore
exact33
Gryphon-kl
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
manny
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
thejokeriv
Leatherface
DallasBlack
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Well, I was all set to watch the Pirates take on the Cardinals and.......rain delay
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:23 pm

007 wrote:
Well, I was all set to watch the Pirates take on the Cardinals and.......rain delay

Yeah, same here so I switched over to Raw for a while.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

Think it will last long ? What's going on out there?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:31 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

Think it will last long ? What's going on out there?

Shouldn't last long.  Spotty showers right now that should dry up pretty soon.  The "big stuff" is supposed to happen after midnight.

EDIT: Game on!

EDIT2:  The very definition of "spotty".  They were going to bring the tarp on after the first half inning but it was only raining on the eastern part of the stadium.  Very weird.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:45 pm

This game has been quite the pitchers duel. It's an interesting watch.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:45 am

Last night I watched the Yankees/Indians game.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Watching the Pirates vs. the Cardinals. Another good game between the division rivals
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 11:01 pm

Son of a bitch ! Another walkoff...
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:44 am

Monday Night Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 4:10 pm

"Bullet to the Head" (2013) - a D.C. cop and a hitman (Sly Stallone) team up against crooked developers, mercenaries, and rogue police in New Orleans. Bullets fly, stuff blows up and many heads are busted. There's so much testosterone flying around in this movie that my DVD player grew hair. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 5:12 pm

007 wrote:

After STL not having had a walkoff since 2011.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 7:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

Think they'll get 3 in a row? The way the Bucs' bullpen has been,I wouldn't be surprised.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 7:55 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

Think they'll get 3 in a row? The way the Bucs' bullpen has been,I wouldn't be surprised.

Highly doubtful.  We're last in MLB in homeruns.  Which only makes the last 2 nights even more amazing.

Actually, I don't care how they do it but STL better figure out a way to win tonight behind Lance Lynn.  Shelby Miller pitches tomorrow and he's been atrocious for the last couple months.  He leads the NL in walks and homeruns allowed (talk about a deadly combination).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

Highly doubtful.  We're last in MLB in homeruns.  Which only makes the last 2 nights even more amazing.

Actually, I don't care how they do it but STL better figure out a way to win tonight behind Lance Lynn.  Shelby Miller pitches tomorrow and he's been atrocious for the last couple months.  He leads the NL in walks and homeruns allowed (talk about a deadly combination).

Good news for the Pirates, I guess. They need these next 2 games if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:09 pm

I think it's cool that Kolten Wong is apologizing for stopping for a second after he hit that homer last night.  He said he was just so shocked that he hit it out; the kid only has 3 homers all year.  But he's sensitive to the fact that the Bucs might have interpreted that as "showing them up".  He said he doesn't want to be taking one in the ribs tonight.

I don't think it looks that bad on the replay; it's not like Pujols who used to stand there and admire his homers.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I think it's cool that Kolten Wong is apologizing for stopping for a second after he hit that homer last night.  He said he was just so shocked that he hit it out; the kid only has 3 homers all year.  But he's sensitive to the fact that the Bucs might have interpreted that as "showing them up".  He said he doesn't want to be taking one in the ribs tonight.

I don't think it looks that bad on the replay; it's not like Pujols who used to stand there and admire his homers.

Ha I didn't even notice that and hadn't heard about the apology. That's pretty cool though. And also cool, I see it's Star Wars night at Busch.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:22 pm

Well Lynn looked sharp in the first.  But he's notorious for having 5 great innings surrounding one blowup inning.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 pm

And Cumpton's looking shaky unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 9:30 pm

But now Molina has left the game.  If there's one guy this team cannot afford to lose, it's Yadier Molina.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Been watching a lot of good titles lately.

DR. NO - barring the 1954 TV production that kicked it all off (I've seen it enough), I've decided to tackle the Bond catalog that I've had on Blu Ray for years--and have never opened until now lol. I've never enjoyed this first entry for a number of reasons, but Connery is sublime, the women are hot, and the set design gets pretty steller. Better things to come, of course.

THE KING'S SPEECH - Poor newly-throned King George has a stammer, and it's up to a speech therapist to remedy him in time for his first speech at the dawn of WWII. Though it gets a little too sentimental for my taste at times, this is easily overcome by profound performances all around, a terrific attention to detail in costume and set design, and some really winning dialogue. I tried fighting back tears at the end but failed. The direction by Tom Hooper is refreshing with unique pacing and framing, which is profound considering his failures with Les Miserables.

PITCH PERFECT - NOT what I was expecting, at least to some degree. My wife chose a chick flick for our Friday night movie (all fair since I usually do the picking) and inside I was grooooaning beforehand. My fear was for a feature-length Glee emulation about collegiate A cappella competitions scripted to formula ad filled with the contemporary radio hits I abhor. Rather, I was treated to a surprisingly funny romp with some unexpected turns and characters that aren't as stock as I was afraid of. This was thanks to a snappy script by 30 Rock/New Girl creator and writer Kay Cannon that reminds one of Clueless. Also appreciated is the talents of lead Anna Kendrick, whose understated maneuvers are completely convincing. The final number is a cheer-inducer. It's not great (and sadly it is filled with all that music I hate so much) but it made for some great date entertainment.

DR. STRANGELOVE - let's just say I can't get enough of this movie.

FARSCAPE - one of my favorite Sci-Fi programs that truly deserves a revival (and is getting one!), the characters here of the biomech ship Moya are so well-rounded and enjoyable that you forget some of the plot holes surrounding astronaut Chrichton's sudden arrival. The science, for the most part, is plausible, which gets big props from me. Fun stuff that is also a bittersweet reminder of the Sci-Fi Channel that was...

Watching Francis Ford Coppola's The Conversation now.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Newsradio
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 pm

"Airplane II: The Sequel!" (1982) Ted Striker's back and this time he has to stop the first commuter space shuttle from flying into the sun (the sun? What is it? It's a giant fiery ball in the center of our solar system, but that's not important right now).

Basically a retread of the first flick, but it has its moments, esp. when William Shatner turns up in the last quarter as Lunar Base Commander Buck Murdock.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 7:49 pm

Castle - SEason 2

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:25 pm

tohostudios wrote:
But now Molina has left the game.  If there's one guy this team cannot afford to lose, it's Yadier Molina.

And now the worst has happened.  Molina is out 8-12 weeks after tearing a ligament in his thumb last night.  That essentially ends his season and probably also ends the Cardinals' season.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Green Acres
Monday Night Raw
Green Acres
Allied Powers: The Greatest Tag Teams
World's Dumbest
Newsradio
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next