Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Lion - Pride

Go down 
+6
jstate
manny
Thrasher73
Olafsto
corplhicks
10 posters
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:44 pm

I'm a fan of Vito and a fan of WL's songwriting--but not Pride, purely because of the poppy, reverby mix. Reading NLTM a while back, I noticed Scott said this about the album:

""Pride" was actually recorded twice. The version that became the huge hit was the second recording and was produced by Michael Wagener, who gave the band a slick sound that slightly robs the band of their edge. There first recordings are said to be much heavier and were recorded by Peter Hauke at 'Hotline Studio' Frankfurt, Germany. That's actually something I would like to hear."

So where is this original recording? It sounds like it would be an improvement if anything. I've researched the net about it but very little comes up. Anyone have any clues? I would love to hear it as well.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 1:49 am

Never heard of this before... I love White Lion, soundtrack of my youth, and i think Pride sounded just like it should back when it came out. But i would love to hear the original recording..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 2:11 am

I would like to hear it as well.I liked Pride pretty well and Vito is a great guitarist.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:32 am

I never knew recorded it twice, I wonder what it sounds like it? Doubt we will get to ever hear it, unless the original recordings get somehow leaked, no real demand for White Lion to make it something commerically vibe for release.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:55 am

Perhaps it's an urban legend ? It would be interesting to hear (although I do like Pride as it is).
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:00 am

There is this...
http://www.amazon.com/Anthology-83-89-White-Lion/dp/B000FI8M3Y/ref=ntt_mus_dp_dpt_14

Damn has it gotten pricey.  Think I bought it for a couple bucks years back.  I believe it is just the demos and not a first mix.  The songs have a real ragged and rough feel to them that works really well.  There are also some gems in the unreleased stuff.  I seem to remember the liner notes being a nice detailed history of the band too (though Mike Tramp's version of things).  Not worth fifty but certainly worth the price of the download.

Usually original mix/remaster doesn't mean much to me - but boy does Pride ever need it bad.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:10 am

I couldn't find anything on-line about it. The only thing that came close was this, about their debut album Fight to Survive being re-recorded with a different line-up:

Quote :
White Lion was signed by Elektra Records in 1984 and recorded their debut album Fight to Survive. Elektra was unhappy with the final recording, and after refusing to release the album, terminated the band's contract.

The album Fight to Survive was eventually re-recorded with the new line-up and released in Japan by RCA Records in 1984. The small US independent label Grand Slam Records finally released Fight To Survive in the US on November 9, 1985.

It went on to say that they were picked up by Atlantic Records and recorded Pride with Michael Wagener.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 5:01 pm

I like how Pride sounds anyway. A product of it's time yes, but as a fan of 80s rock I have no problem with the way it sounds.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2020 2:14 pm

I heard and read a few interesting things today.
Mike Tramp never saw any royalties for 20 years.
IRS stepped in. The band owed a million dollars.....etc.
W.L accountants didn’t file or forgot to file for them.
Vito Bratta, 59, would not let Tramp use the White Lion name.
Went to court. Bratta won.
Bratta hasn’t been seen since 1996 or there abouts......
A recent interview with Bobby Blotzer says Bratta lives with his mother.
Needless to say Tramp isn’t happy with Bratta when people ask him questions.

Back to top Go down
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2020 10:54 pm

This is one of my favorite albums ever. It’s nearly perfect. Bratta’s guitar work is masterful. I think the production sounds great, even all these years later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Lion - Pride Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Lion - Pride   White Lion - Pride Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Lion - Pride
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: