Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a question?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

Just a question? Empty
PostSubject: Just a question?   Just a question? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 6:18 pm

I would still consider most of the bands listed here as metal, what gives, what distinguishes this band as metal and that band as not?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Just a question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question?   Just a question? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 9:13 am

Personal opinion, really. Most of the bands in this part of the board are indeed some form of metal. But they aren't as hard, heavy, and fast as whatever weird European bands they talk about in the actual metal section. Razz

Whatever, I'm more of a hard rocker anyway. Smile
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Just a question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question?   Just a question? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 9:16 am

Yeah, it's just the posters' discretion. It's a fine line, anyway.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Just a question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question?   Just a question? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 10:43 am

Yup, it's usually not a big deal if a band that is considered "hard rock" slips into the "metal" section and vica versa. We had a lot of requests for a rock section so people could discuss non-metal bands so we created it. Seems to be working out well.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Just a question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question?   Just a question? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 11:10 am

ultmetal wrote:
Yup, it's usually not a big deal if a band that is considered "hard rock" slips into the "metal" section and vica versa. We had a lot of requests for a rock section so people could discuss non-metal bands so we created it. Seems to be working out well.

I like it as I am more of an old school metalhead and listen to more hard rock/80's metal than any of the newer thrash metal bands discussed in the heart of metal forum. I seem to make more of my posts here and in the unsound mind thread. Peace. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just a question? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just a question?   Just a question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a question?
Page 1 of 1