Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost Ship Octavius

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Ghost Ship Octavius Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 5:01 am

This project sounds great so far.

Quote :
The official lyric video for the song "Alive" from GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS, the new progressive metal band formed by lead guitarist Matt Wicklund (GOD FORBID, HIMSA, WARREL DANE), drummer Van Williams (NEVERMORE, ASHES OF ARES, PURE SWEET HELL) and vocalist Adōn Fanion, can be seen below.

The band’s sound features technical and groove metal elements, highlighted by Adōn's powerful clean vocals, Van's tasteful rhythms and Matt's melodic and intricate guitar solos.

GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS has finished writing material for its as-yet-untitled debut full-length album and is currently working with Grammy-winning producer Neil Kernon (NEVERMORE, QUEENSRŸCHE, CANNIBAL CORPSE, HALL & OATES, NILE).

In order to get this project off to a great start, GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS is reaching out to fans to help fund the album by use of popular crowd-funding site Kickstarter. The campaign has been launched and offers pre-sales of the album, merchandise and many other perks, including one-on-one Skype video lessons, guest performances on your band's album, being drawn into the band's album artwork, and more. Pledge here, but hurry, the pledging period ends in 30 days.

Guitarist Christopher Amott (ARMAGEDDON, ex-ARCH ENEMY) last year announced his departure from GHOST SHIP OCTAVIUS in order to focus entirely on making a new ARMAGEDDON album.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:26 pm

I pledged to this a week or so ago. Never even heard about it until I saw the post of the nevermore page. That guy has a great voice.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:48 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I pledged to this a week or so ago. Never even heard about it until I saw the post of the nevermore page. That guy has a great voice.

I was gonna pledge, but it doesn't seem like they're going to make it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:49 am

I take that back.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:45 pm

haha I was just going to say that I saw them post the other day that they are doing pretty good. Your money doesnt get used unless it meets the goal so why not just pledge? I've been happy with the things ive pledged lately.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 3:27 pm

so did anyone else get this? Listened to this earlier. I really like it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 2:55 am

Hmmm...looks like I might have forgotten about this one. Haha.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Damn sucks cause its actually really good. The vocalist is awesome. Hes a kid too. I think 17 or 18 years old.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2015 10:07 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Damn sucks cause its actually really good. The vocalist is awesome. Hes a kid too. I think 17 or 18 years old.

Looks like the CD is coming out this week, so I'll have to keep a lookout for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost Ship Octavius   Ghost Ship Octavius Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghost Ship Octavius
Page 1 of 1