Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.

Go down 
+5
Leatherface
mc666
tohostudios
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Empty
PostSubject: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:35 pm

http://www.metalinjection.net/av/the-first-song-from-altitudes-attitudes-wmembers-of-megadeth-anthrax-is-hard-rock-fun

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 1:41 pm

I have this on order. I like what I've heard. Nothing amazing, but pretty solid stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Eh, it's OK. I think the verse melody sucks; there are only about 3 notes in there. The chorus is a little catchier but really it only contains about 4 notes.

As usual, I don't really care who's in a band, I'm all about the songwriting and the memorability and I don't really get much of either from that track.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 1:44 am

Sounds kinda boring to me. I'm a huge Bello fan though.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:07 am

I liked what I've heard.  Not too shabby.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 11:35 am

Of course there are only three or four notes. They're bassists.  \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Bump for new info...full-length album on the way

Quote :
Bassists David Ellefson and Frank Bello confirm they're in the final stages of Altitudes & Attitude album

Megadeth bassist and his Anthrax counterpart Frank Bello are putting the finishing touches on their collaboration project Altitudes & Attitude, it’s been confirmed.

The pair have been working on a full-length album for the last six months and Ellefson says they’ve recorded “some great tunes.”

He tells White Line Fever: “We are finalising, probably in the next two weeks, getting the vocals and final bits done on it. I’m excited about it. There are some great tunes."

The project was devised when the pair were doing bass clinics together and rather than just play Megadeth and Anthrax material, they decided to write fresh music instead.

Ellefson continues: “This other spirit soars when the two of us get together, get in a room and start writing songs together. They just fall off our guitar necks. And it's a beautiful thing.

“What's cool about it is we haven't left our bands. And that's the beauty of it because we have this whole other side of us that gets to be exposed. So it's very genuine, very pure, and I think that really comes through with the music."

But Ellefson, who is working with Dave Mustaine, Chris Adler and Kiko Loureiro on Megadeth’s follow-up to 2013’s Super Collider, is quick to distance Altitudes & Attitude from the supergroup tag.

He adds: “Lots of times, when these supergroups get together it's based on, ‘How is this gonna sell?’

“Rather than making legitimate music you really like, you're just kind of going, 'I wanna make some new songs in a new setting' or 'I hate my band’ or 'They kicked me out of my band and I still enjoy being famous. How can I still stay famous?' To me, it's the cart before the horse.

“Any time the joy comes out of music, you'd better just stop because it really kills the whole thing.”

Anthrax are working on the follow-up to 2011’s Worship Music although main man Scott Ian recently said they wouldn’t be rushed into completing the album.

I wasn't all that impressed with the little I heard on the ep, but I'll give this a listen.

EDIT: I re-listened to their first single, Booze & Cigarettes, and it was better than I remembered. Maybe I am interested in this afterall.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 7:30 pm

It's a decent little EP. Definitely worth the few bucks it cost me. But again, nothing amazing.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
http://www.metalinjection.net/av/the-first-song-from-altitudes-attitudes-wmembers-of-megadeth-anthrax-is-hard-rock-fun

What do you think?

Bad Foo Fighters rip off...

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Yeah, it wasn't memorable at all.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

What do you think?

Bad Foo Fighters rip off...

I'd say it's on par with any Foo song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 9:59 am

New album from Frank and Junior...

So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Altitudesattitudesgetitoutbigger

'Late' features a solo from Ace Frehley

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Pretty modern sounding, that first one is too Foo again.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 12:47 pm

Yea, I definitely get a Foo Fighters vibe from the little I heard. Not that it's a bad thing. I might pick it up if the price is right.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 2:28 pm

I strongly dislike it. Pure crap!!!!
I also hear Foo Fighters and thus makes it crap because they are god-awful!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Those both sound like weaker Foo Fighters songs to me, especially the first one.  The second one doesn't really sound like FF but it's just boring as hell.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 10:13 am

I see this project as two great bass players that are trying desperately to show their peers that they can write songs. Unfortunately, they are not very good at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.    So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Ellefeson and Bello had a baby.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: