Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)

Go down 
+10
ultmetal
nevermore
journeyman
tohostudios
martinsane
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Orion Crystal Ice
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Empty
PostSubject: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:09 pm

As posted on our Facebook:

We are very pleased to present you all with one of two full-lyric-videos from our upcoming debut. The second video will be posted next week. Ladies and gentlemen, "The Human Residue". Please have a listen (or two). The record will be out digitally (iTunes, Amazon, etc) and in Europe on February 28th, and in North American April 15th.

Last edited by Orion Crystal Ice on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Let me clarify, digitally here in the states on the 28th?

Dude, that's a killer tune, i'm impressed.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Digitally everything on February 28th, but not physically in the US until April 15th. Physical Europe on the same day as the digital release though. So US people who are download only will be good in a couple weeks and so will the Europeans but the US physical copy guys still have a little while.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Well done man, even I quite like it and I think that you know that style isn't really my bag, but it's top notch.  SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) 25679 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:47 pm

super appreciated. I chose a song that would get people a little bit off guard, with the genre tags there is a lot of automatic association that I feel it wise to go out of our way to sidestep........ classic metal has a stereotype, power metal has a stereotype, prog metal has one...the quality of music tends to be lost. So I decided to put out something which isn't the fast song, the slow song, or etc, to help pique some interest. Smile

The next one is a fast song though.  Laughing Wink 
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:36 am

Pretty cool tune.

The requisite band comparison, for me, would be Lost Horizon here, with a bit more subdued vocals. But maybe that's just 'cuz I've seen pictures of you guys in capes? I don't know, but still cool.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:31 am

I hear some German Power metal in there, but you have your own sound.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:46 pm

Very cool ! I think it's great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Very professional sounding, good stuff. It's not really a style that I listen to but I can definitely appreciate the work you put into it. Hope it does well for you.

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 3:05 pm

I am totally blown away by The Human Residue. Still wrapping my head around how well produced, written and structured the song is. Easily could have been released by a much more seasoned Power Metal band.

Excellent effort and Color me curious as to what the "heavier" song will be as that one was not all to light...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:34 pm

I dig it!

My description would be Brainstorm crossed with Dark At Dawn.   The music reminds me of Brainstorm but the vocals have a certain Dark At Dawn vibe to my ears.

The digital copy shall be mine!

I still wish you'd change the logo though.   Laughing

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:57 pm

The more I listen to this track the more I hear Dark At Dawn in the verses

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:19 pm

I like it. Good sound. The guitar solo near the end of the song is really cool.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:51 am

Sounds really good!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:53 am

Right on. Bookmarked the Youtube link and will check it out when I can hear it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:46 am

You guys are good to me, haha thank you. Awesome. I think you'll dig it Scott.

I'll post up the other song in here too on Saturday so keep an eye out for that and enjoy this one in the meantime.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Great song  headbanger  best wishes to you and the band..
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 12:49 pm

The quality is excellent. Good jam dude!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Good luck! Quality sound good!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:39 pm

I have to ask, how much 90's rage do you listen to?  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 2:00 pm

Actually the 80's stuff edges the 90's stuff out just a little bit in my listening.  headbanger 

It's cool the different stuff that people hear, like toho gets some Brainstorm or Dark At Dawn vibe... The label put this on the German Amazon page:

"Grandioses Debüt der US-Band in der Tradition von Fates Warning, Warlord, Angel Witch, Running Wild, Rage, etc..."

which for me is obviously just a giant collection of compliments. It might be frustrating a little for a label or retailer to not be able to just say "this sounds like Helloween" or whatnot but I think it's a good thing in the end.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:22 pm

I went and listened to more Dark at Dawn because of what toho said and I think the vox on this song are better. Something about DaD bugs me inthe vocal department.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Yeah, the vocals here aren't nearly as gruff as DaD but I hear similarities to DaD's "quieter vocal passages".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 6:23 pm

There are definitely sections in other songs which have full-on bellow/gruff, you'll dig that stuff I think.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
There are definitely sections in other songs which have full-on bellow/gruff, you'll dig that stuff I think.

I hope you're not talking about "growling".  I can take that in small doses but that's about it.  Actually DaD-style vox (or Sabaton as another example) is about as "gruff" as I can handle before I get turned off.

PostSubject: Re: SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)   SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SKYLINER - The Human Residue (lyric video)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next