Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members

Go down 
+7
Eyesore
Troublezone
glassprison
nevermore
MetalRob331
corplhicks
BillRoxx
11 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Empty
PostSubject: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 11:58 pm

This sounds interesting...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kxm-featuring-korn-kings-x-ex-dokken-members-putting-final-touches-on-debut-album/
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:36 am

So first we had T&N and now we get KXM. These guys love their side projects.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 11:44 am

"We don't just fk ROCK, we FK everything" HAHAH!!! That song sounded killer.. I always loved Doug's voice but was never a fan of Kings X...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:48 pm

corplhicks wrote:

And their abbreviations.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:13 pm

nevermore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

And their abbreviations.  lol! 

Exactly haha.

So I didn't know there was a video on that page. Not sure what to think. It's a decent song, but--well, I'm just one of the very few who doesn't enjoy Doug's (Dug? dUg?) voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:24 pm

I'll check out anything dUg is involved with. I'm hoping he sings lead on all the tracks, my biggest complaint with the Pinnick, Gales, Pridgen project is that he only sang lead on a few tracks and Gales (who is okay but a much weaker vocalist overall) did the rest.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:05 pm

I'll check it out, like all of Lynch's projects, but without high hopes.

I'm generally not a big fan of projects featuring dUg. A good example is The Mob with dUg and Reb Beach. I just never could get into any of the songs on that album.

Also, what kind of image is George going for in that promo pic? It looks like he just crawled out of a rat's nest.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:22 pm

George has been sporting a grungy look for a long time now. I think it's a beach bum/surfer thing, maybe? You're right, he looks homeless and in need of a shower.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:54 pm

I just watched the promo video, and it actually sounds better than I was anticipating. Should be interesting.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 8:07 pm

I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:37 am

corplhicks wrote:

And they're all great. At least those featuring King's X members. Can't recall anything those guys have done being sub-par.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:45 am

Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

And they're all great. At least those featuring King's X members. Can't recall anything those guys have done being sub-par.

T&N was subpar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:52 am

corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

T&N was subpar.

I wouldn't count T&N, Pinnick is only on 1 song, right? That's a guest appearance.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 4:15 am

That Gun Fight track sounds real good. Looks like they are having some fun and really enjoying each other.

I too am "bi-musical".
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 2:15 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

T&N was subpar.

I wouldn't count T&N, Pinnick is only on 1 song, right?  That's a guest appearance.  

Was drunk; didn't read context of statement correctly. You're both right.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:19 pm

S.D. wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

T&N was subpar.

I wouldn't count T&N, Pinnick is only on 1 song, right?  That's a guest appearance.  

Yeah, T&N is not a King's X members' side-project.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm curious to check this one out. I'm interested to see how it differs from the Pinnick-Gales-Pridgen release, which was one of my favorites of 2013. I'm thinking this will have a more modern-rock slant to it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:29 pm

glassprison wrote:

I'm generally not a big fan of projects featuring dUg. A good example is The Mob with dUg and Reb Beach. I just never could get into any of the songs on that album.

Also, what kind of image is George going for in that promo pic? It looks like he just crawled out of a rat's nest.

Are you shittin' me? The Mob was a slice of Melodic Heaven! KX is top 3 all time for me, so I support anything any of the three do on the side. But, that The Mob album really slays, imo.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:35 pm

Just watched that trailer. I am sorry if my ears are warped, but that really sounded like the last couple of KX albums to me. I mean, you could not tell those harmonies are not Ty and Gerry and Lynch sounds like he is doing his best Tabor impression. Bottom line> I love it.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:08 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
glassprison wrote:

Are you shittin' me?  The Mob was a slice of Melodic Heaven!  KX is top 3 all time for me, so I support anything any of the three do on the side.  But, that The Mob album really slays, imo.

I have to agree with you on that one! Awesome album!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members   KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KXM featuring Kings X / Korn / dokken members
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: