Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+32
AmongTheRest
chewie
springozzy
akeldama
Lari
metalinmyveins
mikeinfla
Svengo
Gryphon-kl
Sutekh
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Boris2008
sovdat
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
Required Fields
jstate
nevermore
glassprison
exact33
manny
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
Leatherface
corplhicks
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:05 pm

Olympus Has Fallen (2013) 

A better title for this movie would be "IQs have fallen".  Incredibly, astoundingly dumb in just about every possible way. Unintentionally hilarious and featuring some of the most poorly rendered CGI sequences in recent memory, I've seen better effects on Canadian TV shows. Pathetic.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:18 pm

S.D. wrote:

A better title for this movie would be "IQs have fallen".  Incredibly, astoundingly dumb in just about every possible way. Unintentionally hilarious and featuring some of the most poorly rendered CGI sequences in recent memory, I've seen better effects on Canadian TV shows. Pathetic.

Wow, no wonder that thing died a quick death in theaters.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:11 pm

Arrow
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:20 pm

manny wrote:
Arrow

x2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:40 pm

tohostudios wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Wow, no wonder that thing died a quick death in theaters.

Dialogue examples:

"Let's play a game of f*ck off, you go first."

"I'm going to stab you in the brain."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:43 pm

"Code of Silence" (1985) - Chuck Norris is a lone wolf Chicago cop caught in the middle of a turf war between two rival mob families in this gritty butt kicker that ranks as one of Chuck's best films, directed by Andrew Davis, who would go on to do "The Fugitive."

"Dinocroc" (2004) -A genetics lab messes with prehistoric crocodile DNA and accidentally creates a giant hungry mutation in this predictable but fun monster mash from Roger Corman. Action packed, gory fun.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:45 pm

A Band Called Death (really great documentary, it was especially moving).

And today I watched a few episodes of season 1 of Maron.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 1:43 am

Glee because my wife is watching it. Man, this show has gotten gonzo bad. Even the synch is off during the songs, like they got lazy with the editing. But worse is this would be the correct way to spell TRITE. And STUPID. Regardless of target audience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:13 am

Downton Abbey - season 1
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Code of Silence" (1985) - Chuck Norris is a lone wolf Chicago cop caught in the middle of a turf war between two rival mob families in this gritty butt kicker that ranks as one of Chuck's best films, directed by Andrew Davis, who would go on to do "The Fugitive."

Awesome flick! I actually saw that one in the theater.

Last night:

Revolution - they seem to have lost the momentum they started in season 2. Hopefully it gets better by the end of the season.... or I should say series, I'm sure this one will be cancelled.

Modern Family
The Americans
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:40 am

Humanoids From The Deep (1980) - someone had mentioned watching this awhile ago and rekindled my interest in seeing it again since I hadn't seen it since it's initial run on one of the pay channels.I was trolling around netflix last night and came across it. It still holds up fairly well. It was an entertaining hour and a half of gore,action and gratuitous nudity. My favorite part is when one of the humanoids attacks the hot girl and her ventriloquist boyfriend in the tent on the beach. As the creature rips through it, the dummy's eyes folloe the action...and the dude's not even holding it (I think,it sure looked that way to me).
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Quote :
A Band Called Death (really great documentary, it was especially moving).

That is such a great story.  A few years back one of the free weeklies did a story about them when their stuff finally got a release.  Caused me to go out right away and buy the albums.  For The Whole World To See is pretty killer.  The other one is more studio dinkering than anything but I still felt good supporting them.

Re-watched for about the hundredth time Judas Priest - British Steel Classic Albums.  I had gotten this on dvd used and the condition was horrible.  Checking to see if it would play I figured I'd watch a little and ended up watching the whole thing.  And then playing the album, of course.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:39 pm

about time
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:15 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 am

So I've decided to tackle, in chronological order, every movie/show featuring Philip Seymour Hoffman in light of his passing. It's a vast body of work, but doable (let's hope nothing is OOP).

Started tonight with his debut role as a drug-dealing teenage rapist in Law & Order, s01e14 (1991). Not a fan of the show (from any age) and his role is merely a bit part but it's fascinating to see him so young and bits of his method emerging. When he delivers his lines--only about four or five total--he does so with a good amount of conviction for an amateur. Sort of a pain to sit through, waiting for him to show up, but as for the show it has aged well and looks good--and watching the entertaining Michael Moriarty is always a blast. Samuel Jackson also shows up as an attorney in this one. Available on Netflix.

Moving on to Triple Bogey on a Par Five Hole from the same year...
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:57 am

The Wind Rises
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:15 am

"Barracuda" (1978)

Also known as 'Barracuda: The Lucifer Project.' A Florida chemical company discharges toxic waste into the ocean, which causes the local barracuda population to go nuts and start adding humans to their diet in this piss-poor '70s eco-horror that was obviously made to cash in on the popularity of 'Jaws' and 'Piranha.'
In addition to a muddled conspiracy-theory/government cover-up subplot, the flick also features glacial pacing and amateur level acting and scripting.
If you want some decent aquatic-critter carnage, Netflix currently has the aforementioned 'Piranha' and 'Humanoids From the Deep' available for streaming, go with either of those instead of this turd.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Barracuda" (1978)

Also known as 'Barracuda: The Lucifer Project.' A Florida chemical company discharges toxic waste into the ocean, which causes the local barracuda population to go nuts and start adding humans to their diet in this piss-poor '70s eco-horror that was obviously made to cash in on the popularity of 'Jaws' and 'Piranha.'
In addition to a muddled conspiracy-theory/government cover-up subplot, the flick also features glacial pacing and amateur level acting and scripting.
If you want some decent aquatic-critter carnage, Netflix currently has the aforementioned 'Piranha' and 'Humanoids From the Deep' available for streaming, go with either of those instead of this turd.

I saw that awhile ago on Netflix too. The government conspiracy subplot kind of raised the bar for me since it was totally unexpected (figured it was a Jaws rip-off as well), but otherwise a rather forgetful film.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 8:41 am

Quote :
I saw that awhile ago on Netflix too. The government conspiracy subplot kind of raised the bar for me since it was totally unexpected (figured it was a Jaws rip-off as well), but otherwise a rather forgetful film.

Was it just me, or did it seem like they started out trying to make a land-based ecologically themed mystery/thriller and then halfway through filming, said "Hey, how about we shoe horn some fish attacks in this to attract the "Jaws" crowd?"

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Was it just me, or did it seem like they started out trying to make a land-based ecologically themed mystery/thriller and then halfway through filming, said "Hey, how about we shoe horn some fish attacks in this to attract the "Jaws" crowd?"

Good point. It was very disjointed. Probably why it's largely forgotten nowadays. When I saw it on there, I got pumped about it since I had vaguely remembered it from my childhood (and wanted to see it back then). But upon viewing, it left me disappointed. Oh well, I've seen far worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Here's how that works.  The studio sees the potential in a Jaws style ripoff and to save money and time they take a look at what scripts they already own that can be "repurposed" instead of commissioning someone to write an original screenplay from scratch.  So that little environmental thriller suddenly gets man-eating fish thrown into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 10:08 pm

"Planet of the Apes" (1968) - astronauts on a deep space mission crash land on a mysterious planet where apes are the dominant species and humans are treated like dumb animals in this classic slab of sci-fi. Charlton Heston's performance is pure ham and the "shocking" twist ending has been parodied to death but "Apes" is still great fun.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 2:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Planet of the Apes" (1968) - astronauts on a deep space mission crash land on a mysterious planet where apes are the dominant species and humans are treated like dumb animals in this classic slab of sci-fi. Charlton Heston's performance is pure ham and the "shocking" twist ending has been parodied to death but "Apes" is still great fun.

Charlton Heston is a phenomenally bad actor, he makes William Shatner look subtle.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 11:04 am

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Charlton Heston is a phenomenally bad actor, he makes William Shatner look subtle.

"Damn you all to hell !" This movie made me a huge Heston fan,bad actor or not. I also was so into the Apes movies when I was a kid (all the toys,cartoon and tv shows,etc.). Loved them then still enjoy them now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next