Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+32
AmongTheRest
chewie
springozzy
akeldama
Lari
metalinmyveins
mikeinfla
Svengo
Gryphon-kl
Sutekh
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Boris2008
sovdat
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
Required Fields
jstate
nevermore
glassprison
exact33
manny
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
Leatherface
corplhicks
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:37 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

I like Cate Blanchett an awful lot more than I like Woody Allen these days.

I've liked quite a few recent Woody Allen films and there isn't anything particularly *wrong* with Blue Jasmine either. He releases a lot of films and I find myself usually liking about 2 out of every 3 that he does. These days he mostly stays behind the camera and that is another plus because I've always been more of a fan of his writing and directing than his actual onscreen persona.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Fast & Furious 6 - big, loud, fun action flick. Somehow the series got bigger and made more $$$ after starting as a blatant rip off of Point Break (they might as well have called it a re-imaging of Point Break it's such a rip off) and then two sub-par sequels.... Fun flick that I liked, it doesn't take itself too seriously and was actually enjoyable. They seem to have hit on a formula that works and are able to make films that aren't the greatest film series ever, but are better than the Lone Rangers, World War Z's, etc of the summer.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" (1989) - Indy's third go round sends him on a quest to find the Holy Grail - and to rescue his estranged father (Sean Connery) from the Nazis along the way. A lot of the movie does feel like "Raiders" all over again, but it's so much fun that most viewers won't mind.

Fun flick! I liked this one better than the second one.... the less about # 4 the better (see the South Park episode about #4 - nails it on the head)

S.D. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

I like Cate Blanchett an awful lot more than I like Woody Allen these days.

I've liked quite a few recent Woody Allen films and there isn't anything particularly *wrong* with Blue Jasmine either.  He releases a lot of films and I find myself usually liking about 2 out of every 3 that he does.  These days he mostly stays behind the camera and that is another plus because I've always been more of a fan of his writing and directing than his actual onscreen persona.  

Haven't seen a Woody Allen flick in a while..... I did see a number of his from the late 80's through 2000 or so (thanks to friends that loved everything he did)... I stopped watching them because I only seemed to enjoy every 3rd flick..... Agree with you on his acting (annoying after a while...) It seems that in a good number of his flicks, he hires an actor to play the neurotic "Woody Allen" character......
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 6:57 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" (1989) - Indy's third go round sends him on a quest to find the Holy Grail - and to rescue his estranged father (Sean Connery) from the Nazis along the way. A lot of the movie does feel like "Raiders" all over again, but it's so much fun that most viewers won't mind.

Fun flick! I liked this one better than the second one.... the less about # 4 the better (see the South Park episode about #4 - nails it on the head)

Indeed, Last Crusade was fun as hell. As for Crystal Skull--my God, what an awful, awful movie that feels nothing like the first three. Easily Spielberg's worst movie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:04 pm

I still have yet to see "Crystal Skull" in its entirety (even tho I've had it on DVD for almost three years now) ... the deadly word of mouth on it has kept me away all this time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I still have yet to see "Crystal Skull" in its entirety (even tho I've had it on DVD for almost three years now) ... the deadly word of mouth on it has kept me away all this time.

It is horrible
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:26 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fun flick that I liked, it doesn't take itself too seriously and was actually enjoyable.

I'd like to see a Fast & Furious movie that DOES take itself too seriously!! A four hour opus, in Russian, black & white with subtitles! Directed by Andrei Tarkovsky (yeah I know he's long dead, but it's not like it's going to happen)

That's what I want to see!!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:34 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It is horrible

Took me three times just to finish it. Complete garbage with terrible sc-fi channel grade CGI.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Fast & Furious 6 was okay for mindless entertainment…until that utterly ridiculous airplane runway sequence at the end. That strained credibility so badly that I just found it hilarious instead of thrilling. Plus that runway would have needed to be 27 miles long for the sequence to work.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 9:19 pm

"Step Dogs" (2013) - low budget kid stuff about a hillbilly German shepherd and a spoiled Pomeranian who have to learn to get along when their masters get married. Some "Home Alone" style nonsense gets mixed in when some bumbling burglars try to rob the house and the pooches defend their home. Silly fun to watch with the young'ins.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 11:21 pm

"Stake Land" (2010) - a teenager and his bad ass mentor make their way across a vampire infested, post apocalyptic America in this intense, gory, gritty road movie. Good stuff.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 2:47 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is the best Indiana Jones movie, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18880

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:26 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 7:18 am

You HAVE to see this, Fat Freddy!! Absolutly hilarious, and read up on the story behind it as well.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:12 am

S.D. wrote:
Fast & Furious 6 was okay for mindless entertainment…until that utterly ridiculous airplane runway sequence at the end.  That strained credibility so badly that I just found it hilarious instead of thrilling.  Plus that runway would have needed to be 27 miles long for the sequence to work.   Very Happy 

Those movies in general take a good bit of willing suspension of disbelief..... but yeah, that sequence took a good bit more....
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 11:23 am

kmorg wrote:

You HAVE to see this, Fat Freddy!! Absolutly hilarious, and read up on the story behind it as well.

Isn't that the movie with the farting zombies (yes you read that right)? I don't have the time to watch the full thing now. I saw it years ago on USA I think. What a bizarre movie !
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Beverly Hills Cop I
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 12:55 pm

Last night I watched New England and Seattle win their playoff games.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 1:05 pm

nevermore wrote:

Same here.  Please tell me we're not heading for a New England/San Fran Superbowl. If that happens I'll watch Puppy Bowl all day.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 1:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Same here.  Please tell me we're not heading for a New England/San Fran Superbowl.  If that happens I'll watch Puppy Bowl all day.

Watched the SEA game, skipped the NE Cheaters since I can't stand them....... We all know the truth, that NE hasn't won a SB since they got caught cheating......

I think it will be SEA and winner of today's late game in the SB.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 5:59 pm

007 wrote:
kmorg wrote:
]

Isn't that the movie with the farting zombies (yes you read that right)? I don't have the time to watch the full thing now. I saw it years ago on USA I think. What a bizarre movie !

Yes that's the one.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:00 pm

I watched SF predictably destroy Carolina and now I'm watching Denver trying to do the same thing to San Diego. I normally would be for SD in this game because I usually pull for the underdog but NE would destroy the Chargers so I'm pulling for Denver. And next week I actually have to root for Seattle against SF because the Niners are my second most-hated team after NE.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Stargate SG 1 - Season 2

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I watched SF predictably destroy Carolina and now I'm watching Denver trying to do the same thing to San Diego.  I normally would be for SD in this game because I usually pull for the underdog but NE would destroy the Chargers so I'm pulling for Denver.  And next week I actually have to root for Seattle against SF because the Niners are my second most-hated team after NE.

i am rooting for Denver because I really dislike Belicheat. I also want to see Manning complete his great season with a Super Bowl.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Inside Llewyn Davis
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next