Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Empty
PostSubject: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:58 pm

This looks awesome (as usual for Wes), coming Spring 2014.

What a cast!

Edward Norton, Saoirse Ronan, Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, Ralph Fiennes, Jude Law, Willem DaFoe, Adrian Brody, Tilda Swinton, Jason Schwartzman, Jeff Goldblum, Harvey Keitel, F. Murray Abraham, Tom Wilkinson, Bob Balaban…and more.

Anderson is easily one of the most unique filmmakers working today and I always look forward to more of his inspired lunacy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 1:26 pm

I've often enjoyed his movies to various degrees and this one looks to be no exception. Can't wait.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 6:06 pm

I was a little worried when I saw Ralph Fiennes in that cast, but from the looks of the trailer he clearly gets it as far as Anderson's material. I thought one of the weaker elements of the otherwise great Moonrise Kingdom was Bruce Willis seeming lost with the whole thing. Edward Norton on the other hand seems born to play this stuff.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Never been a fan of Wes. Seen quite a few of his films. Just not my thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 6:47 pm

I've been a Wes fantastic since Rushmore which I thought was just absolutely brilliant. The only one of his films that I'm "so so" on is The Life Aquatic, but even that film has it's moments.

He's one of the most unique filmmakers of the past 20 years or so and I salute that…of course it is also understandable that his films are going to be love it or hate it affairs for most people.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 4:36 pm

S.D. wrote:
 The only one of his films that I'm "so so" on is The Life Aquatic, but even that film has it's moments.
That's the only one I didn't care much for. I wanted to really like it, but it just didn't click with me as a new release. I think I even went to the theater to see it. A 2nd viewing a few years later didn't change that opinion.

'The Royal Tenenbaums' might be my favorite of his films.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:55 pm

Funny that alongside of Bottle Rocket, The Life Aquatic is my favorite. The Darjeeling Limited is the only one I'm so-so on. But even that is more one I just won't watch dozens of times like Anderson's others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:06 pm

This thread has made me want to watch Moonrise Kingdom again, think I'll pull that one out tonight.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:42 pm

S.D. wrote:
This thread has made me want to watch Moonrise Kingdom again, think I'll pull that one out tonight.
That was a GOOD ONE!!! My wife and I saw that at the Tower Theater(They tend to play movies like that there... That's where we saw the original Death At A Funeral.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"   Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wes Anderson's "The Grand Budapest Hotel"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: