Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black 'n Blue Discography

Go down 
+13
brokentulsa
Red Kitty
Witchfinder
bass63
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
80s Metal Lady
jettafiend
chewie
manny
James B.
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:56 pm

I always really liked this band. Use to play Chains Around Heaven in a band in my younger days   Smile
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Black N' Blue had a ton of potential and a few good songs, but really, they never delivered. When Gene Simmons is involved as producer, you know the results are going to suck. The best thing they ever did was the demo collection that they released in 2001. That release shows you what they could have been.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Their newest album from a couple years back is killer  headbanger
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:28 am

bass63 wrote:
Their newest album from a couple years back is killer  headbanger
Hell Yeah? It most certainly is killer!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 9:15 pm

Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 220px-Black_N_Blue_Nasty_Nasty

1986 Geffen Records
Produced By Gene Simmons
Track 7 produced by Jonathan Cain

Side one
1."Nasty Nasty" (Gene Simmons, Jaime St. James, Tommy Thayer) - 4:29
2."I Want It All (I Want It Now)" (Simmons, St. James, Thayer) - 4:25
3."Does She or Doesn't She" (St. James, Simmons, Thayer) - 4:18
4."Kiss of Death" (St. James, Thayer, Jeff Warner, Patrick Young, Pete Holmes) - 5:04
Side two
5."12 O'Clock High" (St. James, Thayer, Warner, Young, Holmes) - 3:41
6."Do What You Wanna Do" (St. James, Thayer, Warner, Young, Holmes) - 4:14
7."I'll Be There for You" (Jonathan Cain) - 3:47
8."Rules" (St. James, Warner) - 3:40
9."Best in the West" (St. James, Thayer, Warner, Young, Holmes) - 4:47

Jaime St. James - lead and backing vocals
Tommy Thayer - guitars, backing vocals
Jeff Warner - guitars
Patrick Young - bass
Pete Holmes - drums

First time in a while listening to this (years and years) and it's one of those "better than remembered" scenarios.  Some songs are very good, others are good, and the rest are average.  The one they made the MTV video for seems out of place on the album (IMHDO) Below are some of the better tunes and pretty much give a broad view of what's on the album.

Nasty Nasty

Does She Or Doesn't She

Kiss Of Death

12 o'clock High

and the MTV tune....if anyone has an interest

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Wow ! a week and a half and not one reply for this release. Guess they really didn't matter Laughing very hard 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Well , I can say that I think it's pretty cool that Nasty Nasty was later reworked by KISS into Domino on the Revenge cd.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 6:59 am

When I saw the video for "I'll Be There For You" on MTV back in the day, I figured that they'd gone full on Cheez/Hair Metal and never bothered to investigate any further.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
When I saw the video for "I'll Be There For You" on MTV back in the day, I figured that they'd gone full on Cheez/Hair Metal and never bothered to investigate any further.
That song seems so out of place compared to the rest of the album, at least to me.   Did ya listen to the other songs I posted ?  If so, am I trippin thinkin that ?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:10 am

James B. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
That song seems so out of place compared to the rest of the album, at least to me.   Did ya listen to the other songs I posted ?  If so, am I trippin thinkin that ?
I'm on my cell phone at the moment so I can't do YouTube (it crashes my phone's browser - cheap ass Walmart "Straight Talk" phone...haha), but I'll give some of me' a try later on.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:15 am

I need to check this thread more...I love black n blue and have everything they have put out. Nasty Nasty is a good album but I liked in heat more. The debut is really a great album also. I usually dont push ultimate/greatest hits albums but black n blues is great. I also recommend the live in detroit album.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Adam Bomb - he was the guitarist on TKO's awesome lp - In Your Face -
" Give In To The Night " - " End Of The Line " are great guitar riffs
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Glower wrote:
Adam Bomb - he was the guitarist on TKO's awesome lp - In Your Face -
" Give In To The Night " - " End Of The Line " are great guitar riffs

And that has to do with Black n Blue how ? Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2014 5:57 am

I actually saw Black and Blue in Concert - they might have opened up for KISS - I believe it was the "Dynasty"  tour - one of the BEST opening shows that I have ever seen - I was shocked at how cool they were - each song - soooo bought their lp at the local record shop - it was around August-September-October - and absolute perfect listening time to these guys - " Without Love " - " Rockin' on Heaven's Door " - talk about California livin' and not worrin' about nothin' !
 Very Happy 
But also, they did have a 'darkish' side to them - " Chains Around Heaven " captured that vibe for sure - but then " Live It Up " - was all lights and fury - I wish POISON had turned out 1/2 as hard rockin' and solid as them - I had the cd in yesterday - AUTOBLAST on the highway with my shades on after work 80 mph etc -ha ha -  " Wicked Bitch " - I love when he says 'Yeaheah' after the chorus -

It's been a few years since I cranked them - because of Tommy Thayer dressing up as Ace - and I saw Tommy-as the Spaceman in concert- real close -- and he was great-but I feel that Gene and Paul are shamefully using him- and Ace and Peter said bad things about him -so it kinda tainted my original love for Black and Blue somewhat - and wow- that "Miss Mystery" video is downright horrible. That song is a killer ballad - looks like a portion of a x-rated 80's flick -
Back to top Go down
Nomadic Drifter
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nomadic Drifter

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 11:53 am

Late to the party ---

I really like Black N Blue.  I used to live in Oregon on and off between 85 to 92.  Saw them play a great gig in Portland (their home town) and I have all the stuff they released in the 80's.  I feel that the first is the most solid/complete album - every track represents the band well.  The second and third album have some individual tracks that are absolutely killer but the ballads or MTV tracks really let them down.

IMO the ballads are not what this band were about at all.  Seriously, if anyone heard "I'll be there for you", or "Miss Mystery" and bought the albums they came from based on either song, then they would be very confused.  

In Heat is also very good.  

If I had to choose one from the bunch then I'd take Nasty Nasty - But that has more to do with (like someone said upthread) where I was at the time that it was getting a lot of play from me....
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:49 pm

Didn't the lead singer put out his own solo cd ?
I always felt he looked like a handsome Dee Snyder -
it would of been cool if he sported a beard in those days -
like Zach Wylde did -
Does anyone know if that solo CD was any good?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2956

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Quote :
Didn't the lead singer put out his own solo cd ?

Yes! From 2001:

Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 St-james-american-man-2001-inside-cover-70455

It sounds much more like Black 'N' Blue than the Freight Train Jane album (though I love that one too).

Americanman is also way better than the album he would record with Warrant a few years later.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 8:23 pm

I recently won a copy of In Heat off the bay in Good shape for 7 bucks delivered and spun for about 3 days straight last week. I only knew "Heat it up, Burn it out" from back in the day but there were a few other really good tracks like "The Snake," Get Wise...," Great Guns of Fire." and "The Stranger."
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2022 2:57 pm

Heard this song today. They really did have a lot of fun songs.
Better than Poison !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black 'n Blue Discography   Black 'n Blue Discography - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black 'n Blue Discography
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2