Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour

Go down 
+2
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Empty
PostSubject: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:23 am

Haven't been to any shows for quite awhile but I'm definitely going to catch this one!

Anathema/Alcest

9/12 Philadelphia PA @ Underground Arts
9/13 Springfield VA @ Empire
9/14 New York NY @ Gramercy Theater
9/15 Boston MA @ Middle East
9/16 Montreal QC @ Foufounes Electriques
9/18 Toronto ON @ Opera House
9/19 Flint MI @ The Machine Shop
9/20 Cleveland OH @ Peabody's
9/21 Chicago IL @ Reggie's
9/22 Minneapolis MN @ Mill City Nights
9/24 Denver CO @ Summit City Music Hall
9/25 Salt Lake City UT @ In The Venue
9/26 Boise ID @ Knitting Factory
9/27 Seattle WA @ Studio Seven
9/28 Vancouver BC @ Rickshaw Theater
9/29 Portland OR @ Hawthorne Theater
10/1 Oakland CA @ Oakland Opera House
10/3 Los Angeles CA @ El Rey Theater
10/4 San Diego CA @ The Casbah
10/5 Tempe AZ @ The Marquee Theater
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:04 pm

S.D. wrote:
Haven't been to any shows for quite awhile but I'm definitely going to catch this one!

Anathema/Alcest

9/12 Philadelphia PA @ Underground Arts
Man, I am so out-of-the-loop with today's scene. I never ever heard of that venue. It must be either relatively new or an old venue with a new name. There was a time when I knew every live music club in this town. Dang. Sad

As for Anathema, I'm not getting them. I picked up Weather Systems on the cheap due to the rave reviews it was gathering here. But one spin through and I decided it's not my thing. I shelved it for now and plan to revisit it sometime in the future to see if something clicks, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Both bands are very atmospheric, the type of music best experienced when you have time to sit quietly and just absorb the overall vibe. They are both quite unique and that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the show, it's a different type of mood from your normal concert experience.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:12 pm

I was just listening to them the other day, really good meditative music. Captivating.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:25 pm

S.D. wrote:
Both bands are very atmospheric, the type of music best experienced when you have time to sit quietly and just absorb the overall vibe.  They are both quite unique and that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the show, it's a different type of mood from your normal concert experience.  

I vaugley remember getting the feeling I was listening to a horrible Broadway musical or something of that nature, like opera music. The back and forth between the male & female vocals and the symphonic music. And I hate that stuff.

I'll give it another shot because I only got it a few months ago and want to give it a fair shot. But it wouldn't surprise me if I ditched it. Atmospheric music probably ain't my thing. I'm better off sticking with Steven Wilson's solo stuff like Storm Corrosion and the like.

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:05 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I vaugley remember getting the feeling I was listening to a horrible Broadway musical or something of that nature, like opera music. The back and forth between the male & female vocals and the symphonic music. And I hate that stuff.
I'm usually not a fan of stuff this intentionally "pretty", but I think Anathema's arrangements are tasteful enough so that it works.  I wouldn't describe it as symphonic either in structure or instrumentation (string section only) but I understand what you're getting at.  

I didn't like Weather Systems the first time I listened to it, I had to go back to the prior album We're Here Because We're Here and let that sink in first...then once I realized I really liked that album I went back and listened to Weather Systems again and it clicked.  Still, I have to be in the right kind of mood.

I think it will be very cool in concert through, I've seen several live clips of both Anathema and Alcest and it translates quite well to the stage.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:39 am

I'm on the wrong continent for this one but we have Alcest/Hexvessel and as I love both bands I'll try to get to that for sure! (although with only one U.K date, tickets may be scarce)
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:27 pm

I think Anathema has a new one coming. I loved the last couple.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 12:33 am

Love both bands, but seeing them live? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:32 am

I'd see them live with a few flasks and some cocaine. But I don't do cocaine. So...yeah.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:15 pm

I so wish I could see this tour!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour   Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anathema & Alcest - US fall tour
Page 1 of 1