Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....

Go down 
+10
chewie
mc666
Boris2008
tohostudios
exact33
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
Orion Crystal Ice
A Handful of Wayne
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Empty
PostSubject: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Here's a partial list of the sequels on their way to a theater near you in the next couple years.  Please keep in mind this list does not include sequels without a confirmed release dates, reboots or direct-to-video sequels which I'm sure would double the size of the existing list.

10/13
Machete Kills
Paranormal Activity 5

11/13
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Thor: The Dark World

12/13
Anchorman: The Legend Continues
Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

1/14
Amityville: The Lost Tapes

3/14
Muppets Most Wanted
300: Rise Of An Empire
A Haunted House 2

4/14
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Rio 2

5/14
The Amazing Spiderman 2
X-Men: Days of Future Past

6/14

21 Jump Street 2
Jurassic Park 4
How To Train Your Dragon 2
Think Like A Man Too
Transformers 4

7/14
Fast & Furious 7
The Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

8/14
The Expendables 3
Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

11/14
Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

12/14
Despicable Me 3
Hobbit: There And Back Again
Night At The Museum 3

5/15
The Avengers 2

6/15
Terminator 5

7/15
Pirates Of the Caribbean 5
The Smurfs 3
Independence Day 2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 1:50 pm

In addition here are more titles rumored that don't yet have firm release dates:

Dumb & Dumber To (2014)
Zoolander 2 (2014)
Star Wars Episode VII (2014)
James Bond 24 (2015)
The Adventures of Tin-Tin 2 (2015)
Mission Impossible 5 (2015)
Finding Nemo 2 (2016)
Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016)
Ghostbusters 3 (unknown)
Army Of Darkness 2 (unknown)
Bill & Ted 3 (unknown)
Chronicle 2 (unknown)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2 (unknown)
Beetlejuice 2 (unknown)
The Legend of Conan (unknown)
Prometheus 2 (unknown)
Oz The Great And Powerful 2 (unknown)

There are actually another 20 or so rumored titles that may or may not ever see the light of day...but I'm tired of typing.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:38 pm

boy they really want to kill the night at the museum movies. Theres no need for a 3rd one

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 2:42 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
boy they really want to kill the night at the museum movies. Theres no need for a 3rd one
This is the only thing that matters:

Night At The Museum: Battle Of The Smithsonian

Budget: $150 million
Worldwide Box Office: $413 million

It made a profit so they are producing a sequel.  

There are no artistic goals when it comes to sequels, only financial.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 3:33 pm

I will be seeing 'Machete Kills'. That deserves to be there.

'T5' is an awful braindead cluster of an idea. People trashed 'Salvation' because it wasn't the exact same plot as the first 3 (which were all more or less the same plot) and because it wasn't completely totally perfect in every way. So now we get another film which will be the same plot as the rest, only with senior citizen Arnie. 'Salvation' in some ways was exactly what and where I wanted the franchise to go. I want to see the desolation and grime of the war and how it's being handled by the few who are left. It works even better in the 'Terminator' universe than it does preceding films such as 'Mad Max'.

I don't think any new 'Star Wars' anything is a good idea, but everyone knew it was going to happen.

Any rehash in any way of the 'Dumb And Dumber' stuff needs to die slowly and painfully.

They might be able to totally knock it out of the park with 'Paradise/Prometheus 2' with the right writers. Loved the first one and saw different flaws than most people did, dug into it really deep (I'm still convinced Vickers was an android and/or replicant).

So Emmerich is finally getting around to making ID42? This could go in either direction..

I don't have high hopes for the 'Hobbit' sequels after a perfectly good first film turned into an Xbox game after the halfway mark and butchered the story beyond recognition.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7056

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:15 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

They might be able to totally knock it out of the park with 'Paradise/Prometheus 2' with the right writers. Loved the first one and saw different flaws than most people did, dug into it really deep (I'm still convinced Vickers was an android and/or replicant).

I absolutely agree here; there are way too many clues pointing toward the obvious, and the metaphorical placement works with the film's "message."
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37538

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm down with "Machete Kills" and the various Marvel sequels on the list (Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Spidey, etc., etc.)

I can take or leave most of the others (aside from a new Bond film... I'm always ready for more 007.)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm down with "Machete Kills" and the various Marvel sequels on the list (Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Spidey, etc., etc.)

I can take or leave most of the others (aside from a new Bond film... I'm always ready for more 007.)
i am in for the marvel sequels and the Hobbit movies.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39087

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 5:47 pm

I really only care about the various Marvel sequels and the new Bond flick,of course.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Yes, bring on the Bond. There will never be too much (unless they cast, say, Taylor Lautner. That'll be the day).
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:22 pm

I'm in for Machete Kills.

Other than that...meh.  I'm still waiting for Hellboy 3 though.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Bill & Ted 3!!!! Gimmie a f*!£ing break! Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:01 am

I'll admit, there are some movies that have awesome sequels, some of which are better than the original. I also like seeing a continuance of some movies... Die Hard, Rambo, Terminator, etc.

That said...I do miss the days when Hollywood had an original thought. What I really hate are remakes of already great movies.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:19 pm

Still waiting for Ghost 2.

And Ghost Dad 2.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37538

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:13 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Ghost Dad 2.
How about "Leonard Part 7?" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:49 pm

Cracked did a good article (serious for once) about the upcoming glut of sequels culminating in the already over-stuffed release schedule for 2015. Worth a read.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-reasons-2015-could-be-movie-industrys-worst-year-ever/
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Ghost Dad 2.
Even a "Plan 10 From Outer Space" or "Manos 2" could be a worse idea than that. Good thinking. lol! 
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:17 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Ghost Dad 2.
Even a "Plan 10 From Outer Space" or "Manos 2" could be a worse idea than that. Good thinking. lol! 
I think that a ZAAT 2 should be done.............
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:44 pm

chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Ghost Dad 2.
Wow you're going subterranean here. I had to look that one up; I only know it by The Blood Waters of Dr. Z. I barely remember that movie except for that it was on MST3K.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 3:54 pm

"Almighty scorpion, dangerous beast of the ocean..."
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:16 pm

corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Ghost Dad 2.
Wow you're going subterranean here. I had to look that one up; I only know it by The Blood Waters of Dr. Z. I barely remember that movie except for that it was on MST3K.
That's the only way I know it myself. I actually couldn't think of the MST3K title.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 9:31 pm

I'm OK with The Hunger Games and The Hobbit, as they are ongoing stories. Of course, i'm always happy to see another Bond film, but everything else is optional at best and irrelevant at worst.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 1:14 am

Stoked about the Hobbit and the Marvel sequels. Fast and the Furious... Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39087

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:02 am

jettafiend wrote:
Fast and the Furious... Rolling Eyes 

I have the same feeling about them. Everytime a new one comes out I'm like..."Another one !!??"
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 10:31 am

007 wrote:
jettafiend wrote:
Fast and the Furious... Rolling Eyes 
I have the same feeling about them. Everytime a new one comes out I'm like..."Another one !!??"
Yeah, the amount of prequels/sequels and bits of history are more disjointed than a daytime soap opera.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....   Want more sequels?  Then you'll be happy with this list.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want more sequels? Then you'll be happy with this list....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next